Couch to 5k?

I was running the 30 min no problem at quite a slow speed but no where near 5k so have speeded up but need to build the time up again. Managing 15 min at higher speed x

I was running the 30 min no problem at quite a slow speed but no where near 5k so have speeded up but need to build the time up again. Managing 15 min at higher speed x

Thats really though I know. Maybe just run for a bit longer at a steady pace. When is your 5K race?

I completed week one run three today so on to week two sun, so proud of myself, you all are much further ahead so your achievements much greater, very well done all;-) but fingers crossed i will be up there with you all in a matter of weeks, didn't find week one the easiest so dread the rest but determined to do it so will defo stick at it. I use NHS podcast from i tunes as only one i could get my mp3 to download for some reason but think its great, the music is perfect to keep you going!

Wow, i've just read the whole thread and am really pleased the program works. I started it yesterday but struggle to believe that I could ever run for 30 mins so it's great to see so many of you being able to do it. Well done.
I'm doing it on the treadmill at the gym so will try and remember to put the incline on next time as suggested by a few of you.
Week 1 Day 2 tomorrow.
x

Hi Pepsi and Kimmykins! You've definitely done the hardest bit just by starting :) Keep with it and you will be fine.

I have just started the W1D2 of the get a faster 5K for the third time in 2 weeks OMG this is it I am defo going to crack it this week. I just haven't been able to get my head into gear!

helenlee2307 - thanks for the encouragement, need it, start week two tomorrow so fingers crossed, think your right though week one will be the hardest, looking forward to increasing the running times to really get into it. Good luck with your get a faster 5k, didn't know there was such a thing, maybe a good idea after completed this first one in a few weeks time!
Pepsi77 - well done too on starting and good luck, if i survived week one and am looking forward to starting week two then I'm sure anyone can do it, I too am doing it on treadmill as working times mean i would have to run on road in dark otherwise! I don't have an incline and not planning on to be honest, finding it hard enough at the mo doing the power walking bits at 4.2mph speed and the running bits at 5mph speed, i don't want to push it too soon as knowing myself so well i know i would give up if i found it impossibly hard!!

helenlee2307 - thanks for the encouragement, need it, start week two tomorrow so fingers crossed, think your right though week one will be the hardest, looking forward to increasing the running times to really get into it. Good luck with your get a faster 5k, didn't know there was such a thing, maybe a good idea after completed this first one in a few weeks time!
Pepsi77 - well done too on starting and good luck, if i survived week one and am looking forward to starting week two then I'm sure anyone can do it, I too am doing it on treadmill as working times mean i would have to run on road in dark otherwise! I don't have an incline and not planning on to be honest, finding it hard enough at the mo doing the power walking bits at 4.2mph speed and the running bits at 5mph speed, i don't want to push it too soon as knowing myself so well i know i would give up if i found it impossibly hard!!

Thanks helelenlee2307. x

Kimmykins2008, thank you, I wondered if I was being too ambitious because i'm doing 4.2 mph for the walk and 5.2 mph for the run but it's good to know that someone else is doing a similar speed.

I did week 1 day 2 today, I found it quite difficult but I also did the Shred yesterday so think my dead legs could be because of that.
Day 3 on Tuesday!!

Thanks helelenlee2307. x

Kimmykins2008, thank you, I wondered if I was being too ambitious because i'm doing 4.2 mph for the walk and 5.2 mph for the run but it's good to know that someone else is doing a similar speed.

I did week 1 day 2 today, I found it quite difficult but I also did the Shred yesterday so think my dead legs could be because of that.
Day 3 on Tuesday!!

Hey, thankyou you too, good to know I am not to far off someone else's speeds too, I do nhs podcast and she keeps saying you should walk fast but at a speed be able to continue with conversation during walking sections and i would sure struggle with this so i too thought i may have been pushing it too far, however i wanted to put all i had into it as otherwise not sure how i would ever get to the running for 30 mins straight stage!
30 day shred too, thats hardcore, how far along are you with that? I thought about doing it but went for c25k as want to enter a few events in summer, I walk dogs for a living so certainly could not cope with this and both c25k and shred, would keel over!!

Reaaaaly need to work on upping my speed :( I can just about run for 30 mins but lets just say not at the 5K mark! Am on Week 7 Run 3 atm..not doing it 3 times a week as reccomended any more as i do bootcamp 3x a week and it was far too much of a struggle for my poor body!

If you are doing bootcamps and running I wouldn't worry about the distance. I am sure if you have a good few days rest before you have a go at a 5k you will be fine :)

week 2 day 1 done, really enjoyed it and it felt easier than week one which surprised me, think longer running sections means i can actually start to get into a sort of rhythm!?

I started this on sat even though I have been going to the gym 3 time a week for 10 weeks.... this was hard.....
Done day 2 week 1 today still hard....
oh dear!!! Having a nose through all the other posts, well done everyone cant imagine getting past this week at the moment.

I started this on sat even though I have been going to the gym 3 time a week for 10 weeks.... this was hard.....
Done day 2 week 1 today still hard....
oh dear!!! Having a nose through all the other posts, well done everyone cant imagine getting past this week at the moment.

It gets easier Honest!

Hi, I finished week 1 today, it was ok.

helenlee2307 - I did 30 Day Shred in January for the full 30 days. Now I just do 1 day when I can't get to the gym and want a bit of a workout at home.

I've just done Week 2 Day 1 today. I felt like I really pushed myself today so looking forward to cracking on with the rest.

Back