Couch to 5k?

Hey how is everyone doing with their couch to 5k?
I completed week 4, day 1 today, had last week off as was away and really struggled with week three the week before so was REALLY not looking forward to week 4!
I really surprised myself, obviously found it a good workout but defo easier than i thought would be and i managed to complete with no problems, think I'm preferring the longer runs now as gives you chance to get into a good rhythm, and to think i struggled with the 60 second runs at week one just a few weeks ago, really can recommend this to everyone, obviously so many before me have been and conquered the couch to 5k and at the almost half way mark i am confident i can too, the programme is so well designed, the increase in stamina and fitness shows very quickly and thankfully I am just getting into enjoying the whole thing, well done to all who have completed the task and those that are still working through it;-)

Is there anyone out there?!
I have just finished week four and very proud of my efforts but would like to share it with those that have done couch to 5k, are doing it or are interested in giving it a go?
I have found it hard obviously as any good exercise should be but the benefits have started already, my fitness is defo a lot better, my back seems happier?! and its certainly helped my weight loss!
Come on everyone, join in!!

Is there anyone out there?!
I have just finished week four and very proud of my efforts but would like to share it with those that have done couch to 5k, are doing it or are interested in giving it a go?
I have found it hard obviously as any good exercise should be but the benefits have started already, my fitness is defo a lot better, my back seems happier?! and its certainly helped my weight loss!
Come on everyone, join in!!
Glad to hear you are doing well! I got to week 7 but with one thing and another I haven't done it for a few weeks but must get back out there because its brill and I've noticed that parts of me have got wobbly again that were toning up and also I intend to run the race for life on the 1st of July!

Glad to hear you are doing well! I got to week 7 but with one thing and another I haven't done it for a few weeks but must get back out there because its brill and I've noticed that parts of me have got wobbly again that were toning up and also I intend to run the race for life on the 1st of July!

Hey,
Week 7 thats impressive, well done, I'm sure if you just repeated the last week or so then you could get back into it no problem, I don't often feel like going to gym to do it (i run on treadmill as kinder on my joints!!) but once i start i really do get into it, its a great feeling when you've finished and completed a run isn't it! I start week five run one tomorrow!
Race for life is an excellent idea, think once I have completed all 9 weeks and worked on my speed a bit then I will do something similar to keep up with it all, good luck on your continuing;-)

*Emsie* said:
Thanks! Managed to get back out there today and did 3 x 5min runs with 3 min walks so pleased with that after the break! Hope you get on ok today :)

Well done :) bet you feel better for doing it eh x

Hello All
Just come back for holiday and not looking forward to weigh in tonight. Hay hoe

Hoping to run tomorrow but looking at the forecast may go to the gym and run on the treadmill :(

2 lbs on last night so not too bad. It was lovely and sunny this morning and rain kept off long enough for my run so back on the wagon. Feeling much better now :)

Hey emsie, thats exactly what I did yesterday, week 5 run 1, Well done for getting through it after your break, I really struggled with it to be honest, having hip trouble but carrying on through, next up tomorrow is 8 min run, 5min walk then 8 min run, aarggh! Pushing it i think but will defo give it my all, as I'm sure you found there have been many points up until now when I have thought no way I can do that, then have a massive high 30 mins later when i realise I just have, sure this will be another one, not been beaten yet and don't intend to be! well done you, wishing you continued success;-)

helenlee, well done you, a 2lb gain after a holiday is not disgraceful, I for one could do and have done worse!
Big praise for getting back out there with the running straight away again though, will shift your small gain in no time!
Have you reached the 5k mark or are you still working through the weeks?

helenlee, well done you, a 2lb gain after a holiday is not disgraceful, I for one could do and have done worse!
Big praise for getting back out there with the running straight away again though, will shift your small gain in no time!
Have you reached the 5k mark or are you still working through the weeks?
Hi knimmykins2008 finished couch to 5k about month ago and did a 5k parkrun in liverpool in 33 mins was thrilled. Am now trying to improve time to under 30mins then might look at 10k after the summer. This time last year couldn't have run for 5 mins so really pleased. Have been looking at your record you seemed to be hanging in there well done you :)

I've just completed week 2, which is a huge achievement for me, as I never thought I'd run again! :).

Super-chuffed, and can't wait to start week 3! I've signed up to do race for life in June, which keeps me motivated, I just hope I'll be able to run the whole thing by then! :)

Back