Couch to Triathlon! Anyone with me?!!!!

sunnies

Hi all

To celebrate my 11th year of attempting a diet, I have decided that 2013 is MY year!! After watching a programme during Christmas about obese to fit in a year I have been inspired to attempt a triathlon! I must be mad!

I'm not fit in the least, I think that with training I could do all three aspects but it's going to be a struggle to do it in one go. Its 400y swim (16 lengths), then 10K cycle and 5K run... Anyone else fancy the challenge or doing something similar?

I'm going to do one in Herefordshire on the 30th June and thought I'd do it for the Coronary Care Unit in Withybush where my Gran died almost a year ago to the date so its real reason for doing it.

So, my question is, is anyone in and want to help me along my way?

I have made a start and went for a swim this afternoon; I could just about do 16length (alternating between breast and front crawl) and it took me 15mins so happy with that start.

Who is with me?!!!

In my dreams but good on you - hope training goes well. It was many moons ago when I could do more than a length without getting breathless - :8855:

Just being nosey - where are you? I'm in HR2. .Apologies if you're in Belmont & we had this conversation earlier last year (I've slept since then!)

Hiya
I'm in HR2 too! near Allensmore. Do you to go group?
I suprised myself in the pool today, I haven't swam for a few months but was quite pleased with myself!!!

I'm starting training for 5k run this week and I'm a complete non-runner. I think a triathlon may be too much for me, but good luck with it.

I used to go to Danae's group in Belmont but went solo just before reaching target. Currently just off A49 (old camp) but should be moving next to the Racecourse early/mid Feb. Good luck.

Back