Could CD work for me?

millux

Slim for Summer!
Hi guys.. In the past year I have gone from 9.5st to 15st+. This is mainly due to binging, emotional eating & I think I might be addicted to food, you know? I just feel so out of control.. I've been eating healthily for months (inbetween binging, ugh) & I haven't lost a thing. I'm scared because I don't feel like myself at this weight, I'm horribly depressed & I don't go outside because I'm too self-conscious.. I don't want people who I haven't seen in ages to see me now & think "Wow! She's let herself go, hasn't she?".

Anyway, do you think that CD could work for someone like me? I'll try anything at this point & I feel like if I disconnect myself from "real" food then I might break the horrible binging cycles etc. Thanks if you've read this, any advice is very much appreciated. :eek:

I am doing Cambridge because I can't eat sensibly without cheating. Will this eating plan you can stay away from 'real' food and begin to learn why you binge eat. What causes it to happen and learn to deal with the emotional side of eating.

I am sure Lily had a good link to help with the emotional side of things in another thread, maybe when she see's this thread she will add it on for you.

The eating plan is the easy part though, it is the controlling the weight afterwards that is hard, but hopefully in the tme it takes you to lose the weight you might have got your head around all the psychological stuff that goes with it. I live in hope for me.

hugs hun, hope you find a good place to be in soon.

Charlie xx

Thank you, Charlie. I'm hoping that I can get everything under control with CD, just want to sort everything out before it gets worse. :)

l dont see why not it really does make you acess your eating habits give it a go and see how you do good luck

Hi guys.. In the past year I have gone from 9.5st to 15st+. This is mainly due to binging, emotional eating & I think I might be addicted to food, you know? I just feel so out of control.. I've been eating healthily for months (inbetween binging, ugh) & I haven't lost a thing. I'm scared because I don't feel like myself at this weight, I'm horribly depressed & I don't go outside because I'm too self-conscious.. I don't want people who I haven't seen in ages to see me now & think "Wow! She's let herself go, hasn't she?".

Anyway, do you think that CD could work for someone like me? I'll try anything at this point & I feel like if I disconnect myself from "real" food then I might break the horrible binging cycles etc. Thanks if you've read this, any advice is very much appreciated. :eek:

Sounds like CD would be perfect for you, I'm sure the majority of us on here can completely identify with everything you have said.

CD will help you stop this binge cycle and get some real control, this is almost as gratifying as the actual weight loss itself (which is vast on CD) Just be aware that you will need to chnage your ways when you finish CD, but CD gives you the control and confidence to do that

Good luck.

P.S If you put all that weight on in 1year, it will drop off you in no time!!

Yes CD can work for you but as others have said, it's not just about losing the weight but how you deal with the issues that made you eat in the first place. I regained all my weight the first time around on CD (2.75 stone) because I really didn't realise how much effort I needed to put into maintenance. The hard bit for me really began after I finished losing the weight.

So did CD help me lose weight? Yes. Did CD help me deal with my issues about why I ate? Not really but my consultant wasn't a counsellor (some seem to do this more than others) but the bit that is helping me to stay at goal weight now is thanks to a lot of footwork on my behalf, this fabulous forum and the people on here, the book Eating Less, some therapy sessions, years of introspecting and lots of journalling.

Last edited:
Hi Millux, I personally think that doing CD is more mentally challenging than anything else! I tried it at the start of last year and ate every day! I lost 2 stone (which I gained back within a couple of months) but lost hundreds of £'s!!

When I made the decision to do this again, I had to break myself mentally!! I did this by sitting on my own and thinking about why I wanted to lose weight! The reasons I came up with were simple, my kids, my health, ME and my other half! Then I had a think about what would happen if I didnt do this, I would either die (due to medical conditions associated with being obese) not straight away but eventually this weight would! Become a recluse, as I hate the site of myself and feel like everyone is stopping, staring and sniggering at me when I walk outside, or I would be heartbroken as my weight would become an issue in my relationship! I was a size 10 when we got together and ballonned to a 18/20! He has given up and changed so much for me, he deserves a girlfriend who cares a about herself!!

Then I told myself that if I broke ranks and consumed even one tiny bit of food (breaking myself away from 100% ss) then I would have to quit!

Less than one month in and not one piece of food has passed my lips (I am not even tempted), I have dropped 2 dress sizes, lost 1stone 3lbs and am actually starting to like my reflection!!

I think you have to be ready (and strong enough) to cut food out completely!!

I have mini goals to keep me on track and tick each day off on my calender before bed! It feels great to see so many ticks and know that I am still 100% on track!!

Sorry for such a long post! I just wanted to give you my opinion and how I prepared for it!

Good luck!! If you do chose to do CD then this forum and the people of frequent it are fabulous!! SO encouraging and supportive!

xxx

Thanks so much, kyliet. That really helped & I'm really inspired by your determination & weight loss. Congrats & I hope to be in your position soon! :)

Hi Millux

I have been up and down all my adult life, my weight has always been an issue to me, too slim, when I was a teen and now too big after having 3 kids (and I can't put it down to that). I think you get yourself into a circle or loosing a bit of weight on a diet, then thinking, hey.. go and treat myself now on food and choc treats, sound familiar? Then makes you feel guilty, so you do it all again, but end up bigger then you started the 1st diet?

With CD, it takes all of that choice away, so no temptation and it does cost enough (£38)although not as much as Lighter Life. Stick to the SS and you will loose about 10-12lb in the first week, 4-6 week after and then averages out at 3-4 a week.

I chose to do a different plan as couldn't do the above one, if you can be strict with yourself to limit to only a small meal in the eve with the list of what you are allowed, then its a good plan. If not, then ss is the one that will work and the results are instant.. Inches came off of me after 7 weeks, id lost 18" all over.. that was my motivation and ppl noticed too. What other diet will give you that?

Id say give it a try for 4 weeks and see how you feel.. Good luck with whatever decision you make. xx

Thanks, eternalflame. That all sounds very familiar indeed. :( I'm just worried about my willpower.. but I feel like this is my only chance to control my eating before it gets worse & worse. I will do my very best! :)

Thanks, eternalflame. That all sounds very familiar indeed. :( I'm just worried about my willpower.. but I feel like this is my only chance to control my eating before it gets worse & worse. I will do my very best! :)

You'll be surprised at how much Willpower you will have on CD. Remeber, after 3-4 days you won't feel hungry, so that's part of the battle. I always use the drug analogy, a heroin addict can kick the habbit (i.e abstain) but could not have just a little bit each day. That's how I am with food. I can either abstain completely or binge uncontrollably. I say "Can", I should say "Could" becuase thanks to CD I do now have an elemtn of control. I haven't cracked it yet, but I am getting there and you will too

It's definitely worth a shot, although as others have said, you'll have to deal with food eventually. Having said that, it sounds to me as though a huge part of the problem is that you absolutely hate where you are now, so to get some of the weight off quickly may well give you the boost you need to get your head sorted out sooner rather than later. :)

I am sure Lily had a good link to help with the emotional side of things in another thread, maybe when she see's this thread she will add it on for you.

Not sure which link Charlie meant, but there's a whole subforum on this site dedicated to the 'head' stuff and I really recommend having a good browse through the posts there, especially the 'stickies' at the top.

Here's a link: Bring your Head Inside and your Body will Follow - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

Although I'm not quite in the zone myself at the mo, I can honestly say that in many ways, I've found Cambridge the easiest diet I've ever done. It's worked for me where many haven't. :)

Good luck with whatever you decide. Keep in mind that pretty much all diets work - it's the sticking to them that causes the problem. :rolleyes:

That was the one I ment Lily, you are a star my lovely xx

I always use the drug analogy, a heroin addict can kick the habbit (i.e abstain) but could not have just a little bit each day. That's how I am with food. I can either abstain completely or binge uncontrollably.

this is exactly how i am lol! im starting cd on sunday and cant wait - im always fine until food passes my lips, then it becomes a big binge frenzy! really hope i can kick my emotional eating and relly do this. im gonna put my top 10 reasons for wanting to lose weight in my sig as well so i always see it.

looking forwrd to starting my cd journey :D

xcx

hiya millux. im from glasgow and just about to start cd. we're v similar stats and goals!
have u contacted a cdc yet??
we should buddy up if u want a friend to support you. i certainly need one as i cant really tell many ppl im doing cd as i know theyll only be negative about it :(

xcx

hi claire :) i'd love to be your buddy, i'm starting @ the end of feb though. i've contacted a cdc & hopefully we will be meeting up tomorrow to get started. i know what you mean about everyone being negative about it, my boyfriend isn't happy about me going on to cd, but he doesn't understand my relationship with food. :( when are you starting? :) x

I too find this diet comparitively easy to other "conventional" diets.

The moment food passes my lips - I want more. This way I know I can't so I'm not even tempted.

Its the results that keep me going, losing a pound a week on other diets does nothing for me - this one really makes me want to carry on.

Its fab, keep coming on here and lets all be losers!!!

im starting on sunday :) meeting cdc on saturday so gonna get my supplies and get going :)
what is ur cdc called? where is it you're from??

xcx

Back