Could I lose this and tone it up?

I'm 24. 6ft. Male and I started putting on weight about 10 years ago, my highest weight was 17 stone. I have lost, put some on, lost weight over the last 5 years or so. I have now lost 3 stone and I now have 2 stone to go to reach my target, which is 12 stone. I am however getting really worried about loose skin :( I go to the gym now 6 times a week. 3 cardio and 3 for resistance training, I aim to lose 1 lb a week. I do crunches, planks, dry skin brushing, cocoa butter cream, etc. The lot! Also, when I'm on all 4, usually doing a plank, y stomach REALLY droops down and looks horrible - is that normal?

What do you think my chances are of loose skin, I already have a little on my belly when I pinch (see last pic) and it's really worrying and kind of putting me off. I just need some help and motivation.

Last edited:
Hi Dan,

Well done on your weight loss:happy096:

dry skin brushing, cocoa butter cream, etc

I have the same routine of skin care and I also add a little bio oil to my general moisturiser once or twice a week...you will find that the bio oil will help fade the red out of the stretch marks and help improve their appearance...

Looking at your pictures I would doubt if you will have loose skin...make sure to eat enough protein and drink enough water to keep you hydrated.

stomach REALLY droops down and looks horrible - is that normal?

Yes that is normal when you have a lot of weight to lose but looking at your stomach it is very good...when you get to your goal weight it will be hardly noticeable and will keep on improving...

After you get to goal give yourself a year or more to spring back but do keep up your skin routine. They do say it is a month for every stone you lose but I find it takes a little longer.

Last edited:
Thank you Mini :) I will definitely check out bio oil! So I use my moisturiser and then straight after I rub some of that into it my skin aswell, a few times a week?

I would say I drink at least 3 litres of water a day, usually it's 4. I eat tuna, grilled chicken, boiled eggs, cottage cheese, etc. Stuff with lot's of protein in. Thanks Mini, a very helpful and post and I am feeling more motivated now :)

However that last picture I posted with the little loose skin on my stomach still freaks me out a little.

The bio oil is a little more expensive that your ordinary moisturiser...you do see it on special offers so keep an eye out for when it is but I would get it now and start using it.

So I use my moisturiser and then straight after I rub some of that into it my skin aswell, a few times a week?

You can do it like that...I find bio oil a bit heavy so I like to mix it in my hand with my everyday moisturiser...but on those stubborn areas I would rub it in as is...a little goes a long way...you can do it every day if you like.

I would say I drink at least 3 litres of water a day, usually it's 4. I eat tuna, grilled chicken, boiled eggs, cottage cheese, etc. Stuff with lot's of protein in.

You have a good diet and that is so important...I can tell right away when I look at photos of people who have lost weight if they have not been eating their protein and drinking enough water.

However that last picture I posted with the little loose skin on my stomach still freaks me out a little.

I have lost over 7 stone about three times over the years and my skin has taken a lot of abuse and I have been very lucky before not to have loose skin and I am now back dieting hopefully for the finally time and like you I worry about loose skin and I hope to get away with it again as no one wants to be left with it... that little bit you have should be fine and should spring back...stop pulling your skin as I am sure that is not good for it:)

Can you describe in more detail your skin are routine? I'm worried about my tum and thighs and would live to know if there is anything else I can be doing?

The bio oil is a little more expensive that your ordinary moisturiser...you do see it on special offers so keep an eye out for when it is but I would get it now and start using it.

You can do it like that...I find bio oil a bit heavy so I like to mix it in my hand with my everyday moisturiser...but on those stubborn areas I would rub it in as is...a little goes a long way...you can do it every day if you like.

You have a good diet and that is so important...I can tell right away when I look at photos of people who have lost weight if they have not been eating their protein and drinking enough water.

I have lost over 7 stone about three times over the years and my skin has taken a lot of abuse and I have been very lucky before not to have loose skin and I am now back dieting hopefully for the finally time and like you I worry about loose skin and I hope to get away with it again as no one wants to be left with it... that little bit you have should be fine and should spring back...stop pulling your skin as I am sure that is not good for it:)
OK thank you. Can you recommend a bio oil that you have you used? Also from looking at my weight loss, would you say I have been doing it right with protein/water?

And congrats on losing 7 stone, 3 times! Quite an achievement. I hope this time around you get the same results again. Thanks. I really do hope it springs back as it is my main concern.

Can you describe in more detail your skin are routine? I'm worried about my tum and thighs and would live to know if there is anything else I can be doing?
I'm not really sure if this is what you meant but Dry Skin brushing once in the morning and then once in the evening, I have been told that brushing UP is more effective, I'm not sure why. Do it ALL over. It removes dead skin or something. Boots have a Nivea Body Lotion Firming cream, which can be used after the brushing in the morning and after the brushing in the evening. I had to stop using it as it gave me a rash. It does have great feedback from others though. I now use a Palmers Cocoa cream which does the same but I also bought it for stretch marks. That was also from Boots. Also, you can try and do planks and Crunches, which is what I do everyday.

Hi,
It seems like most of the weight is situated as a little pooch on your midsection. Losing is always hard, especially when it's down to self confidence, but nothing is never impossible, especially when you have support from other people
What I would say is concentrate mostly on what you're eating, as this is where most of your results will come from. But make sure you're eating clean foods, a lot of thing branded as healthy actually aren't. So you can easily put together your meals by just having some free range chicken with half an avocado and spinach. I know at the moment that probably doesn't sound so appetizing, but once you feel the energy it gives you, you'll see just why it's enjoyable.
Don't go steaming off trying to fit an exercise plan in everyday, start off with changing your eating habits and then once you're getting results and feel more motivated, then put something in place like high intensity training, which is the most effective of all.
And don't feel as if you're restricting yourself, once you're in that fat burning mode you ramp your results up by having a little guilty pleasure because your body isn't used to it, so your metabolism will go into overdrive, burning even more fat.

All the best, I really hope this helps.

Laura
Hi. Thanks for the helpful reply. I would say I do eat clean, the worst food I probably do eat is bread, which is sometimes 2-4 slices a day. Is that bad?
From looking at those pictures I posted, would you say I would get away without having loose skin? Even though I do notice a little bit already. I just hope it doesn't get worse and it sorts itself out. I'm only 24 so I hope that will help too.

It's simple really, in the morning and then in the evening (before you apply moisturiser) you get a brush, and simply just brush your skin all over, it removes dead skin or something and apparently helps tighten skin, I think. I was told to always brush UP, for some reason. You will need a brush like this: my perfect skin..: Dry Skin Brushing For Perfect Skin

Sorry for the late reply! Hope I have helped.

Back