counting fat vs counting calories

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by autumnbabe, 16 December 2010 Social URL.

1. autumnbabe

autumnbabe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(28%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i was wondering if i would be better off counting calories or carry on counting fat. As i went onto myfitnesspal.com & that says i should be having 1200 calories a day..what do you think is best to do.?
    And what do you do to keep an eye what goes into your mouth.?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cokes

cokes Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(6.77%)
    Diet:
    eating healthily
    Hi
    I think counting calories is a good idea if you are near goal which I think you are fairly near aren't you? Since you are still on the xenical tho I would still be sticking to the fat rules and by doing that you'll be able to munch more food for your weight in calories. Fat being high in calories so if you cut fat down you are cutting back calories also to a certain extent :)

4. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I counted fat grammes when I first started the tablets in 2008, for the past 6 months or so now though I've counted calories mainly because I'm nearer to goal now. Also counting fat grammes at the start really helped me get my head around using the tablets ( label reading became a real eye opener :eek:)
    I've kept a food diary since 2007 ( when my weight loss journey began) and I record everything that I put in my mouth. I also plan my diary the night before, so last night I planned everything I am going to have today and calorie counted it :)
    x

5. downsizeme

downsizeme Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.5lb(14.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Both!

A couple of weeks ago I decided to start WW again but still have to make sure everything I eat is within the xenical rules. It's a good idea to follow some sort of plan to stay on track.

6. Notebook

Notebook Full Member

keep an eye what goes into your mouth

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.