counting fat vs counting calories

autumnbabe

Gold Member
i was wondering if i would be better off counting calories or carry on counting fat. As i went onto myfitnesspal.com & that says i should be having 1200 calories a day..what do you think is best to do.?
And what do you do to keep an eye what goes into your mouth.?

Hi
I think counting calories is a good idea if you are near goal which I think you are fairly near aren't you? Since you are still on the xenical tho I would still be sticking to the fat rules and by doing that you'll be able to munch more food for your weight in calories. Fat being high in calories so if you cut fat down you are cutting back calories also to a certain extent :)

I counted fat grammes when I first started the tablets in 2008, for the past 6 months or so now though I've counted calories mainly because I'm nearer to goal now. Also counting fat grammes at the start really helped me get my head around using the tablets ( label reading became a real eye opener :eek:)
I've kept a food diary since 2007 ( when my weight loss journey began) and I record everything that I put in my mouth. I also plan my diary the night before, so last night I planned everything I am going to have today and calorie counted it :)
x

Both!

A couple of weeks ago I decided to start WW again but still have to make sure everything I eat is within the xenical rules. It's a good idea to follow some sort of plan to stay on track.

Back