Couple of questions :-)

Frumpster

Becoming Un-Frumpy!
Hiya

Well, day 2 is here. Slight nausea, feeling weak, arms feel like lead, feel dizzy, eyes blurry....omg sounds like i'm drunk but i'm not :D

So far I have just made muffins out of Vanilla and a brownie from a choc pack. Last nigth I attempted to make Banana chunks by making a banana pack, putting on baking paper and microwaving. They were pretty rank. Did I do them right?

I fancy trying a shake later, are there any clear winners where the flavours are concerned? I have Banana (which I usually love if bought from McDonalds, KFC, etc :rolleyes: ) Choc, Choc Mint, Cappuccino, Vanilla. I have a hand bleder but I think it's only 160 watt. I also have a Kenwood smoothie maker, are these any good for making shakes?

Finally (sorry!) how do you make the crisps? I have Chicken & Mushroom soup and would love to try them as crisps tonight, but if they are like my pathetic banana attempts last night they'll make me gag :jelous: . I've read the post above about perfect crisps but I can't see any pics so not sure if i'm getting the blobs right.

Thanks everyone, you're all so supportive and a massive inspiration to us newbies!

Helen

Hiya! I felt just the same on my first few days...especially the arms feeling like lead!

I only have the shakes....I love choc mint and mostly have that, and the occassional strawberry. Definately use your hand blender....the shakes can be quite lumpy otherwise.

Not sure how to make the crisps...someone will answer you I am sure.

Well done so far and good luck....it gets easier I promise!! x x

Just be careful at having the muffins ect, if you are only on day 2, it may stop you going into the stages of not feeling hungry. I alays find if I have the muffin I end up starving. I was told not to do this for 2 weeks. Also make sure you drink extra water.

Why not try cappachino & the choc with hot water? Feels like you are being really naughty! I also find that I get the nibbles at night, so I split a pack, have half in the morning and half in the evening along with a bar.

i like the mint choc too :) xxxxx

Hiya

Well, day 2 is here. Slight nausea, feeling weak, arms feel like lead, feel dizzy, eyes blurry....omg sounds like i'm drunk but i'm not :D

So far I have just made muffins out of Vanilla and a brownie from a choc pack. Last nigth I attempted to make Banana chunks by making a banana pack, putting on baking paper and microwaving. They were pretty rank. Did I do them right?

I fancy trying a shake later, are there any clear winners where the flavours are concerned? I have Banana (which I usually love if bought from McDonalds, KFC, etc :rolleyes: ) Choc, Choc Mint, Cappuccino, Vanilla. I have a hand bleder but I think it's only 160 watt. I also have a Kenwood smoothie maker, are these any good for making shakes?

Finally (sorry!) how do you make the crisps? I have Chicken & Mushroom soup and would love to try them as crisps tonight, but if they are like my pathetic banana attempts last night they'll make me gag :jelous: . I've read the post above about perfect crisps but I can't see any pics so not sure if i'm getting the blobs right.

Thanks everyone, you're all so supportive and a massive inspiration to us newbies!

Helen

Hi Helen,

Here is a link to the reicipes...

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/2518-resipes-foodpack-muffin-crisps-fudge-cake.html

hello!!! oooooough gimmie a choc mint any day, or several million choccie tetras frozen into ice cream!! or a nice vanilla with coffee or a cappuchino with coffee. Not a fan of the strawberry and I don't like bananas anyway so none of that for me!! soups, tetras, I like pretty much all the shakes apart from the fruits of the forrest, banana and strawberry.

Crisps are nice, I'm too lazy to make lots so I just make a big one!!

Mix soup pack till thin enough to spread, using baking paper...not greaseproof as I once did and bung in micro until it comes off the paper!! watch for burning though. Nothing worse than burnt rations!!

Back