Courgette and Cumin Soup - Helppppp! ... please?!

OzzieMoz

Keep on Truckin'
Hello :D

Years and years ago when I was a mere 30-something I did SW and in the Green Recipe book there was a recipe for Courgette and Cumin soup! It looked hideous but tasted delicious! Can't remember how to make it and my old SW books are in storage in UK. Does anyone have the recipe? It would make me very happy :D

sorry huni, had a wee scout around, but couldn't find it. Here are recipes for courgette soup though, if it helps at all. xx

I lovvvvvve Courgette and Boursin soup! Its 9 syns for the whole recipe but makes loads (serves 4) and is worth every single syn!

Ingredients;

2 pints boiling water
3 vegetable stock cubes
6 courgettes - sliced
1 tub Boursin Light garlic and herb soft cheese
extra garlic if required
black pepper to taste.

Basically, throw the whole lot into a pan, simmer it until the courgettes are soft then blend until smooth!

Its so yummy I could eat it every day!!!!! - taken from wannabeelovely

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/105845-courgette-soup.html

Not seen the recipe. But I recently did a courgette soup with some yellow split peas which was yummy.

you need 2 courgettes
175g of yellow split peas (soak overnight)
1 litre of vegetable stock
onion
garlic
celery

just add all veggies to pot with some spray oil, when they start to softened, add in the stock and split peas and simmer until peas are tender. About 1.5 hours. Then blitz in a blender.

Okay - I found it! I dug out my (very) old recipe books and there it was in the "Taste of Summer" one.

Courgette and Cumin Soup (serves 4)

1 large onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
1.5 pints chicken stock
1.5 tsp ground cumin
1.5 lb courgettes, trimmed and sliced
20 fresh basil leaves, chopped
salt and pepper
4 tbsp VLF natural yoghurt

1. Put onions in a pot with the garlic (if using) and half a pint of stock. Cover and bring to boil. Continue to boil for 10 mins.
2. Reduce heat, uncover and simmer for 20 mins until onion is tender, golden and syrupy
3. Add cumin and stir over low heat for 1 min. Add courgettes and remaining stock and bring to boil
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins until courgettes are cooked and tender
5. Add the basil and blend in food processor until smooth. Season to taste, reheat and serve with a swirl of yoghurt. Or serve chilled.

That's looking pretty much like it! I didn't remember the basil leaves but then I remembered that knowing me, I probably used the basil in a tube!

Thank you so so much Circes for finding the recipe, you are a star!! :D

A big thankyou to everyone for replying too and I'm going to give the courgette and boursin one a try as well, it sounds delicious!

I was feeling really quite grumpy this morning, but this has really cheered me up! How sad am I! :rotflmao:

Tonight I made the Courgette and Cumin Soup, and as i had lots i tried it with taghetelli and chopped tomatoes, it really is yummy and would make a great lunch time treat as it is equally as nice cold. Definately worth a try.

Okay - I found it! I dug out my (very) old recipe books and there it was in the "Taste of Summer" one.

Courgette and Cumin Soup (serves 4)

1 large onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
1.5 pints chicken stock
1.5 tsp ground cumin
1.5 lb courgettes, trimmed and sliced
20 fresh basil leaves, chopped
salt and pepper
4 tbsp VLF natural yoghurt

1. Put onions in a pot with the garlic (if using) and half a pint of stock. Cover and bring to boil. Continue to boil for 10 mins.
2. Reduce heat, uncover and simmer for 20 mins until onion is tender, golden and syrupy
3. Add cumin and stir over low heat for 1 min. Add courgettes and remaining stock and bring to boil
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins until courgettes are cooked and tender
5. Add the basil and blend in food processor until smooth. Season to taste, reheat and serve with a swirl of yoghurt. Or serve chilled.

I made this tonight after searching for ideas of how to use up some courgettes and OMG it is gorgeous!!!!

Thanks Circes, another one to try :)

Wow, absolutely delish. I was a bit dubious not being a huge fan of courgette and fearing it would be like asparagus soup (which I hate) but it was wonderful. Good job really because it made quite lot so I am freezing some for later.
:bighug:

Back