cous cous cake

graciebabes

will hit target this time
just made my very first cous cous cake, and have to say i was impressed! think next time i will just add a bit more sweetener, vanilla extract and maybe a dash of salt!

had a dollop of jam with mine as i just made a plain one, but does anyone know of any variations on this recipe?

here's the one i used:

4oz cous cous
6-8 tbsp sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp bicard soda
1 mullerlight yoghurt
2 eggs

would love to maybe try a chocolate one, was thinking using a vanilla and dark choc sprinkles muller and a sachet of options? anyone know of any? seen a few for lemon cake but i'm not the biggest fan!

thanks in advance, x

You can't, the mods will do it at some point.
It was for future posts.

PS - I can't stand cous cous cake!

So does this count as free or is it one of the ones thats classed as a mis-use of cous cous?

well i've read loads of different posts about it and i think it's down to your own opinion really, but i didn't grind the cous cous up so i'm going to say it free. don't really want to get into that debate though lol x

Oh no - didnt want to cause a debate. Just sounds nice. Btw - check our stats/bmi - we're practically twins!!!!

no i didn't think you did hun i just didn't want loads of people posting on it
with their opinions haha, i've read loads! and wow we're diet twins haha :D x

just made my very first cous cous cake, and have to say i was impressed! think next time i will just add a bit more sweetener, vanilla extract and maybe a dash of salt!

had a dollop of jam with mine as i just made a plain one, but does anyone know of any variations on this recipe?

here's the one i used:

4oz cous cous
6-8 tbsp sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp bicard soda
1 mullerlight yoghurt
2 eggs

would love to maybe try a chocolate one, was thinking using a vanilla and dark choc sprinkles muller and a sachet of options? anyone know of any? seen a few for lemon cake but i'm not the biggest fan!

thanks in advance, x

Yum Yum, this sounds lovely to me. Good recipe and i love cous cous!!

xxx

Funnily enough, I made a cous cous cake last night to have for my breakfast this morning! I make them in individual cup cakes and they work out at 1 syn per cake (I don't count the cous cous either as far as I'm concerned, its no different from me having a bowl od cous cous for my breakfast!!)

ok, I use
a couple of handfuls of cous cous
water
mixed spice
3 level teaspoon of mincemeat
sweetener (6 syns)
1 egg to bind

put enough water in with the cous cous and leave to 'cook' (swell or whatever!)
mixed in plenty of mixed spice and stir well
add sweetener and stir
stir in mincemeat
add egg and give it all a good stir.

place mixture evenly into cup cake paper and microwave until cooked which is approx 4-5 mins

Just had one with a cuppa now, I love them!!

Oh yummmmm!

Just tried the cous-cous cake recipe and tweaked it by adding the zest of an orange and a tsp of cinnamon and it was wonderful! I fully recommend it and only 6 syns for the whole cake too. It makes a nice Christmassy alternative to mince pies and Christmas cake so i wont feel left out:)

What a great forum this is:D

I love the cous cous cakes - I make one with fruit mincemeat and it's 12 syns for the whole cake - however, it's beendebated time and time again that cous cous cakes should be synned as the flour alternative - not as cous cous - so they are higher in syns than we think. However, I am of the mind that we have to live a little and IF you still lose weight having a cous cous cake per week - then so be it.

I love em.

Back