cous cous on slimming world

utternutta

Hello

Does anybody know if any type of cous cous and any type of rice is free on the extra easy plan?? Does it have to be plain?

:DThankyou xxx

looking at my book, plain rice is free, savory rice (all varietys) is 1 syn per 28g, egg fried rice and pilau is 1/2 syn per 28g and sushi rice is 1 syn per 100g
Not sure about cous cous altho i know most the mugshots ones are free...there is a seperate thread on here about them

or the other thing i do is make a big batchof plain rice and add my own spices

The values in the book are just an average generic value for savoury rices etc - but some varieties have syns others are free.

If you are a paying member of slimming world you can look up specifics on the website - if not its best to ask on here for specifics as they do vary.

Alternatively - its always worth trying a search to see if your question has been answered before -chances are it already has! Just type something like "batchelors rice" in the search box, select the "www.minimins.com" button (not web)and voila! Also, try the sticky thread with the "commonly asked syn values" for lots of FAQs of this type.

To start you off though - most if not all Batchelors savoury rice are free on green and EE, and the Ainsely Harriott varieties of cous cous are around 1/2 - 1 syn per 100g cooked weight on green and EE.

Hi! I'm new to SW as of this Wednesday when I go to my first meeting. I'm getting ready by buying some plain cous cous and I wondered how people cooked it to make it have some decent flavour. (I'm not a good cook and it's not something I've used before)

All flavours of batchelors super rice are free.

Back