• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Covent Garden Smoked Tomato & Black Bean Soup

pesty

Fighting the bulge
New Covent Garden Food Co Shape up with Soup, Smokey Plum Tomato & Black Bean Soup, chilled 600g carton
12½ Syns on Extra Easy
Original 12½ Syns
Green 12½ Syns

Its quite a few im afraid!!!

Thank you very much :)

Hmmmmm I usually have half of the carton when I have it so I'd put that down at 6.25 syns.

I might just have a third of the carton from now on as that would be a little less :)

So much for it being in the healthy range!

pesty

Fighting the bulge
Yea soups can be quite decieving! You can make your own that are free?? That way you can have as much as you like! What plan are you on? There are some that are Healthy Extras aswell!

:)

As I say I only started today and I haven't been shopping yet. Was late for work so had to grab something quickly and that soup was in there.

I don't have a liquidiser either so probably couldn't really make my own soups - am not a great cook so not really sure where to start.

Is there a place where I could find out the recipes for free soups?

alwyn

Silver Member
You can buy a stick blender for something like a fiver from supermarkets if you wanted to start making your own soups - saves you buying a food processor you might not use ever again!

I started off like that, with a stick blender - now I use my food processor all the time!

pesty

Fighting the bulge
I don't have a liquidiser either so probably couldn't really make my own soups - am not a great cook so not really sure where to start.

Is there a place where I could find out the recipes for free soups?
Its okay if your not a great cook - im no Jamie Oliver i can tell you!! lol

Just boil whatever vegetables until 'mushy' then blend adding some water and an oxo cube until its like soup :) There must be some recipes in the recipe section. Try searching for 'soups'

pesty

Fighting the bulge

icklerockchick

slow but steady!
heya just wondering what covent garden soups can be used as a healthy extra please?

X

Circes

Strutting her stuff
Only the carrot and coriander or the root veg medley x 300g.
But making your own really is the way to go. You'll get a huge pot for a lot less syns and a lot less ££s, and you don't even need a stick blender. Some soups can be left chunky or just take a potato masher to them to blend them.