crash & burn.... :(

Tracie Green

Silver Member
oh criey, ive buggered it up..... hubby come home with a mcdonalds yesterday.... and today whilst doing my tesco shop i then prceded to buy a chicken samosa, kitkat chunky and a twir and a tiger loaf boton (only had a bit of that) but even so had enough syns to last me the week i reakon !! i just feel soooo low at the moment i dont know whats wrong with me, i just dont know how to fix it, i was really motivated about the diet then everything just went wrong yesterday. i had a baby 5 months ago and have been fine but am really starting to get a bit housebound now, but havent got the motivation to actually do something about it, am really worried about money too, had a sobbing session with hubby yesterdsay, he had no idea how i was feeling. i just want to eat chocolate..................................:cry::sigh::(

You need to get out and about with little one hun. Are there any groups you can go to during the day with baby so you don't feel so housebound?

Naughty hubby for the McD's though (mind you I wouldn't thank anyone for this - yuk!).

If money is tight why not make a meal plan for the week and only buy exactly what you need. It does work and there are lots of "SW on a budget" threads if you do a quick search.

You can do this Tracie, you just have got to get your head in the right place. xx

yeah i do do meal plans which it does work definatley, just went wrong today i think... :( there is a group and i have gone a few times but they are all so clicky! they are all friends already somehow and dont seem that welcoming... :(

Sorry to hear you're a little down in the dumps.

Firstly, don't worry about your slip-up, we've all been there at some point. Don't let it spoil the rest of the week - write that day off and get back on plan. The quicker you get back on plan the less damage you'll have done!

I'm not a parent so I might not have the best advice but it sounds like you're a bit lonely. It's good you've had a heart to heart with your husband so he knows how you're feeling. Is there a mum and baby group in your area you could join? You'll get to meet other mums who you could meet outside of the group as well.

I'm having money troubles at the moment too, with my OH the only one with a regular income (I'm supply teaching). We had to have a sit down and really discuss our budget and what we can can't afford and take it from there. The Money Saving Expert website is really good if you're watching your pennies.

Hope you feel better soon xxx

I honestly don't think groups are cliquey, I think it's just people's perception.
I know everyone at my group and I know some of them really really well. We sit together and do talk to each other more than others. I worry we may be perceived as cliquey but we're not, a lot of us have just been going for years.
If you talk to people they'd have to be really rude not to talk back to you, it takes time to get to know people hun but I'm sure you already know this.

yeah i think your right i am lonely, i really look forward to the weekends so hubby is around to help out more with the baby but hejust wants to do nothing on saturday then he has football all sunday morning, and by the time he gets home at 2.30 he doesnt really wanna do much and times getting on to do anything really on a sunday!! ive just got no time to myself anymore, just so frustrating...

I honestly don't think groups are cliquey, I think it's just people's perception.
I know everyone at my group and I know some of them really really well. We sit together and do talk to each other more than others. I worry we may be perceived as cliquey but we're not, a lot of us have just been going for years.
If you talk to people they'd have to be really rude not to talk back to you, it takes time to get to know people hun but I'm sure you already know this.
yeah im sure your right, im probably just making excuses but when your feeling like this the last thing u want to do is be all perky and cheery to new people, im sorry, no helping me a t the mo.. :(

you do sound a little depressed aswell, have you really talked to anyone about how you are feeling. my daughter is now 3 1/2 and i suffered with post natal depression still do. Are there any parent and toddler groups you can go to that might help. Try and take it on day at a time.

Hope you feel better soon.

sharon.

Why not have a look on netmums to see local groups in your area. You could also see at your library for toddler rhyme time sessions & baby sing & rhyme time too.

I actually do think some places are clicky - but you will get to know people if you try & get there each week. It is a good way to meet mums like you with children similar aged :)

Money troubles - well i'd say green days are the best on my purse. I always did red days mainly with an odd green, but am maintaining my weight on green days now & I have seen a hige difference in my food bills.

As for yesterday - well you are not the first & won't be the last to have a naughty day, I still slip up & do it now!!

Back