CRAVING - FISH FINGERS!!

Mariad85

ShrinkingSlimmer
does anyone have a recipe for sw fish fingers or does anyone know a low syn ones?? i really fancy them!!! xxx

mm thanks hun i will give em a go :) thank u so much xx

could give it ago! thanks hun! :thankyou:

Thanks guys! xx

Syn Free fish fingers

Did you watch the recent Delia advert where she dipped salmon fillets in egg and then in cooked couscous? They are lovely and syn-free. Just cook the couscous according to the instructions on the packet, cool then dip the fish fillets in beaten egg and then in the coucous. Cook as usual. You will get a very satisfying crunch to your fillets, without any syns- mmmm

Did you watch the recent Delia advert where she dipped salmon fillets in egg and then in cooked couscous? They are lovely and syn-free. Just cook the couscous according to the instructions on the packet, cool then dip the fish fillets in beaten egg and then in the coucous. Cook as usual. You will get a very satisfying crunch to your fillets, without any syns- mmmm

I don't think couscous is free cooked that way.

Personally I'd have 'birds eye' or simlar fish fingers & syn them, they're not too high in syns.

I had this quandry a few weeks ago. In the end I did a couple of Birds Eye ones from the freezer (2 syns each) between 2 slices of wholemeal (HEXB).

I even did the fingers in the actifry so no added oil/frylight required.

It served the purpose of satisfying such a nagging craving and kept on plan as well within the rules:)

As fas as I'm concerned, this is what using the syns are about. Yes I could have made sw-friendly fingers, but they would have been too much of a compromise for 6 syns (I did 3 of them lol).

Steve

Chips - I'm sure it must be. You're not grinding it or using it as flour, or even having a particularly large amt of it. I like adding some lemon zest and black pepper to the coucous to make a more flavoursome crust.

Hi Feggy, I agree with you am sure it is free as you are not changing it in any way.

Maybe someone can confirm this?

Chips.

I'm sure the couscous is syned because you are not eating it as intended.

Not meaning to 'pick' on you in anyway but I really don't get what you mean?? It's a free food which hasn't been tampered with in anyway, not ground up, not cooked in oil and you are only using a small amount?? The reason I ask is that I've used couscous as a 'batter' a couple of times and I've had no reason to think that it needs to be syned.

The couscous is being cooked as it should be & then cooking the couscous again to crisp it up, which I assume will be baking it, or frying the fish fingers in frylight.

I think it would be best to check with SW if the couscous would be syned. The reason I think it should be is this type of thing usually is.

Back