Craving meat

Watergirl

Rock Solid
I keep reading about people craving carbs, but when I have a craving then it's always for meat. I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with me!

I'm getting protein from the shakes aren't I? So why would I crave protein? :eek: It's nearly always chicken.

I think its a comfort/taste thing. The other day I was dying for a big chargrilled steak, not toast or cakes. MEAT!

Just one of those things

I craved meat and im veggie!!! Must be something to do with the lack of protein, as you said...strange x

Hi

I think sometimes something just gets stuck in our brains and for some reason we just crave it so much, when i was pregnant I had a craving for mini choc hob nobs and drove around the whole of my town going into every shop until I found them, I couldn't have the normal sized chocolate hob nobs either it had to be the mini ones! :D

I'm on day 2 and haven't had any cravings yet but I'm sure I will, I keep smelling everything though (weirdo)!

Just keep telling yourself it's just a craving, not hunger! I think things look nice and really enjoy cooking or making things for other people but am not tempted by them myself. I think i'm a bit scared if I eat anything I won't be able to stop and get back on track which isn't good as i'm having two days off in a fortnight!

I'm only on day and I've really enjoyed cooking for my husand since I've started, I think I'm probably subconsciously trying to make his food even nicer (without tasting)...

Going to the toilet is really getting on my nerves though, I must have been about 30 times already today :mad::)

Thanks guys, glad I'm not the only one who doesn't just crave carbs. Last week it was pizza and now I'm not so bothered by that. Getting rid of the cravings one by one.
Lexie - I've had the steak craving a few times
Yes, at least I'm not veggie!
Thanks for the kind words of advice.
I've watched a load of 'come dine with me' tonight and haven't cracked!

I can't bear to watch cookery programmes, it's just torture. I'm on day 12 and have been craving carbs all day. Are the first 2 weeks the worst? :sigh:

im craving meat too, i just want a big steak or burger(no bun) i have been like this for days and even dreamed of a mixed grill the other day, my boyfriend is sat eating bacon now and i so want some but am not giving in the smell will do for me xx

Moon - I've only just been able to start cooking programmes. It was after about day 7. It does get easier yes. Gradually, like any habit, you get used to not eating. Habits take a month to fully get into your head.

I find I'm transferring my food cravings. Husband has begged me to stop cooking. I go into cook overdrive when on CD. I made him a full fry up yesterday morning. I was fine with it but all through his eating it and for hours afterwards I was like "How was it? Did you enjoy it? Was it alright? Do you want anything else?"

LMAO at that post Lexie. I've been the same. I've asked my bf about 3 times today if I look like I've lost weight. I also often want to know 'what are you eating,' 'what's that with,' 'is it nice?'

I've been craving bananas and grapes today....very odd, expected it to at least be chocolate and bread!

Mines is always really proteiny stuff - eggs, cheese, baked beans, meat.

Not chocolate or anything, crisps nope, not even a drink of diet juice.

I haven't been too bad today, Ive been gardening and sunbathing, hasn't it been a lovely day? So obviously the sun must make me feel better and not a craving in sight! :character00238:

I'm a meat lover too (and have been known to pick the burnt bits off the OH's Sunday joint and nibble them!) and I do miss it. The first meal I'm going out for when all this is over is a fillet steak with all the trimmings! :eat:
:candledinner:

I've also turned into Masterchef - hubby is getting stuff he's never even heard of, lol! :D

I'm a meat lover too (and have been known to pick the burnt bits off the OH's Sunday joint and nibble them!) and I do miss it. The first meal I'm going out for when all this is over is a fillet steak with all the trimmings! :eat:
:candledinner:

I've also turned into Masterchef - hubby is getting stuff he's never even heard of, lol! :D

Hahaha! Me too, husbands potatoes have been mashed with chopped fried crispy ham, mixed with cheese spread, seasoned with olive oil and shaped into rounds, and grilled to brown.

Usually he gets just plain mash.

Thank god there's only me, I don't know how you married gals cope with being faced with food all the time :turkey::icecream:

Back