craving soup

geordiegirl

really missing my cream of tomato soup

anyone got a good recipe for me please ?????

even thought of buying a tin and counting the carb in my day , but it was 20+ for a mug size tin , so no good :cry:

Cant help with th tomato soup im afraid as tomatos are quite high carb wise but in the recipe thread there is a mushroom soup

Instead of full toms why not make a roasted pepper and tomatoe soup. Might not be able to have a lot but it will hold off the craving.

God, of all things, I'm craving apples! You would think I was a health freak, ha !

I don't really have a recipie but i'll do my best.

Shove some olive oil, garlic & herbs in a raosting pan and heat until oil gets hot. Then add red peppers and toms and roast untill the pepper skins are blackened.
Let them cool down a bit and peel the skins off the peppers & toms. also take out the seeds from the peppers and toms. I get a bit lazy at this point but i don't mind texture to my soups!
Add the peppers and toms to some chicken stock and simmer for 40 mins, if you like it really sweet and a teaspoon of splenda.
Once simmered then blend; guessing you could add cream if you want to also.

If you don't like the idea off pealing the peppers you can buy them pre roasted in jars, not sure of the carb content though.

Do you know the carb content of the recipe? I wasnt sure if your comment about not knowing was about the jarred peppers

Sorry no i don't, i'd only know that if i had the weights of the veges. Sorry:(

Ive just had a look on tesco grocery web site and checked most of the tomato soup carb contents and all are over 10, and thats even for 1/2 a can.
Maybe dip you finger in some ketchup to kill the tomatoie craving?
Or, get 1 tomato, boil it then blend it with some herbs and add some double cream. This will be only small amount but might kill the craving.

CREAMY TOMATO SOUP
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup onion, 2 3/4 ounces
28 ounce can diced tomatoes
2 cups chicken broth, homemade preferred
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons parsley, minced, optional
In a 3-quart pot, sauté the onion in butter until tender. Add the tomatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes. Puree with a stick blender until smooth. Stir in the cream and adjust the seasoning. Stir in the parsley and serve at once.
Makes 6 cups or 6-8 servings
Freezing not recommended Per 1/6 Recipe: 180 Calories; 15g Fat; 4g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs
Per 1/8 Recipe: 135 Calories; 11g Fat; 3g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs

QUICK TOMATO SOUP
8 ounce can tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon granular Splenda
Mix all of the ingredients in a microwaveable bowl, cover and microwave until hot.
Makes 4 small servings or 1 1/2 cups soup
Freezing not recommended
Per Serving: 66 Calories; 6g Fat; 1g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

This tastes a lot like Campbell's tomato soup, but does have quite a few carbs for such a tiny serving. I tried adding an extra 1/2 cup water to make the servings larger, but it tasted diluted and thin.

Definitely not suitable for induction use in OWL only.

Found a recipie for roasted pepper and tom soup on Linda's site.

BARBO'S ROASTED RED PEPPER & TOMATO SOUP
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 12-ounce jars roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped, 15 ounces drained weight
14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
3 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup red onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
4-5 leaves fresh basil *
1/2 teaspoon onion powder *
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder *
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
2 tablespoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1 cup heavy cream

Combine everything except the cream in a large pot. Bring to a boil then simmer over low heat, covered, 25 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat and cool slightly before pureeing in a blender or with an immersion blender. Stir in the cream and adjust the seasonings to taste.
Makes 7 cups or 7 servings
Can be frozen but I would add the cream after thawing

* I had all of the ingredients on hand except the fresh basil so I left it out. Barbo used 1 tablespoon each onion and garlic powder. I reduced the amount to save on carbs. Add one more carb per serving if you use a full tablespoon of each.
Per Serving: 232 Calories; 20g Fat; 4g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 7g Net Carbs

This wont help your tomato craving but another nice soup is broccoli and stilton. Cook your broccoli in as minimal water as poss, put in blender until smooth. Crumble in some stilton cheese and blend again. Serve with a little double cream if prefered.

I'm too lazy to make my own soup but have found a tinned one we can have - Baxter's Luxury Beef Consomme, I think it's about 1 carb per tin.

Although beef consume (?sp) sounds good especially now im freezing cold, my hands look blue and my feet are frozen

that should be ok to have surely? OMG its not just Linz and I that are freezing today. I just cant get warm.

Well its on the last page and cant remember who posted it but its only 1carb per can! No not only you guys, im that cold that if i was asleep and someone touched my hands or feet they would think i was dead! Lol. Last night at work i was stuck to the heater, my poor crew mate was baking and even took his jacket off but i couldnt get warm

OMG whats wrong with us????

Back