creamy tomato sauce - like homepride

jlw

Before i started at SW i used to love eating pasta bake. The homepride creamy tomato & herb sauce was just divine!

Its about 26syns for the whole jar which i could prob eat! lol!

I want to make my own SW friendly version but not sure how,

I was thinking along the lines of

Passata
garlic
basil
candarel
natural yoghurt or framage frais or greek yoghurt
lemon

Not sure what else i should throw in!?

Plus anyone know the best one to make it creamy!?

Any help would be great, want to make it tonight!

Thanks

I think the creaminess comes from mascopone so you could chuck in enough for a healthy extra maybe?

Quark. The one from Morrisons is really creamy. If you stir it a bit before you add it you get the creamy and the cheesy from it. It doesn't cope so well with heat though so might be best to add it at the end, stir through the tomatoes just before serving.

If you don't have any pasatta, I find draining then blending a can of tomatos is just as good. I usually chuck in my garlic clove too so it gets whizzed! This makes a good non-chunky base for pasta sauce and also a good pizza base!

I used this as my inspiration for my lunch, thought I would experiment with it. I had a carton of chopped tomatoes with mixed herbs, cooked some onion and mushrooms and added some lean chopped ham. Fried it off in fry light, cooked the pasta, added the tomatoes and the fried stuff and then a spoon of quark and that gave it a creaminess, I think if I had added a bit more it would have been a lot more creamy. I also then added my HEA 42g reduced fat cheddar to give it a bit more of a cheesey flavour.
Hope this is helpful x x

i think a serving of coffee mate light is around 1 or 2 syns, i know it sounds mad as its coffee creamer but stirred into tomato, it does the job and tastes good too! 1 serving btw is enough to serve 4!! so the syns are almost negligeble

Back