Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

crisps

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by SLACK ALICE, 27 November 2008 Social URL.

1. SLACK ALICE

SLACK ALICE Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(21.51%)
    Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD
    Hi all , I was wandering round the 'net' earlier and came across some recipes ...and spotted one for crisps !!
    gotta have a go at them !!!

I got my really thin slicer out, sliced a potato, then I sprayed some frylight on the actual plate in my microwave .
    Laid the potato slices on it (dont overlap) and microwaved them for 6 mins
    (my micro oven is a 900 watt )
    O M G they are so good :drool::drool::drool:
    sprinkle with a little salt...

I also made a cous cous cake. different but nice . Now Im just cooking shepards pie with swede/carrot topping with cabbage and carrots mmmmm

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You're having a great cooking day aren't you?!!! :)

4. Treats

Treats Silver Member

Good for you!

I make chickpea cake earlier... well... might have been better if I hadn't forgotten the sugar... hey don't laugh I have been poorly! :8855:

5. loobylou

loobylou Reached Target. woohoo

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(33.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wer'e not laughing at you Treats wer'e laughing with you. :8855:xxx Loobylou

6. SLACK ALICE

SLACK ALICE Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(21.51%)
    Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD
    I must say i have never cooked with so much errr.... weird stuff LOL
    cous cous, quark, chickpeas, garam masla, fromage fraise- is that really french? Oh well !!

7. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    yumm the crisps are lovely i have made them too. although its hard slicing them so thin IMO
    what is garam masla...what do you use that far
    xxx

8. kjs1628

kjs1628 Surely....

Start Weight:
    12st8.8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.8lb(8.37%)
    Diet:
    SnS
    It's a curry base...although I don't know more than that, sorry.

9. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think i've seen before that if you cook potatoes like this to become crisps that they're no longer sin-free. Due to the fact that the sin and free food values are calculated on the food as it is most commonly eaten. So for a potato the value would stay the same for roasted, mashed, boiled etc, but when it becomes crisps because you can eat a whole lot more potato, the water content has changed (or disapeared), and it wouldn't fill you up in the same way potatoes would normally, the crisps should officially have sins.

I think this applies to any food that's not being eaten in the way it was intended.

Sorry to put a dampner on your cooking frenzy, but it's something to bear in mind!

10. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    even though i've said i want a crisp maker and how good an idea it is to make them, i havent really craved any crisps at all! in fact i havent craved anything really ... i've had some chocolate spread over the week but nothing like i would have pre diet. I would normally have ate 2 or 3 packets of crisps a day and now i can thankfully say im not missing them at all lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.