HOMEMADE POTATO CRISPS

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by poppyowner, 12 April 2010 Social URL.

1. poppyowner

poppyowner Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all
    Am trying to make homemade Potato crisps either in the oven OR microwave. I used to years ago own a plastic crisp tray thingy for the microwave that you used to put thinly sliced potato into then micro til crispy.... no longer have that (blame hubby!!!)
    DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A RECIPE for making homemade crisps either in the microwave or oven using a Potato (don't like the lasagne / pasta ones).... ?

I know the thinner you slice the crispier they get..... I have tried them in the oven but they just went chewy, in the microwave they went chewy but crisped a little BUT stuck to the plate even though frylighted, and the next batch I rinsed to remove starch in order to prevent sticking (in theory) - these produced soggy slices.......HELP?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.