Cupcake recipe ideas please?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by sunnies, 5 November 2009 Social URL.

1. sunnies

sunnies Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(6.03%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Morning all
    I know this is tempted on a diet (although I love SW!) but I'm after a 'normal' cupcake recipe for my friends birthday. I think she has a bran intollerance so I don't want to make the bran muffins, but something similar with icing on the top.

Does anyone have a fool-proof recipe for something like that and know the syn value for it please? I don't mind going up to 10syns for the perfect cupcake and topping.

I hope you can help!
    Thanks in advance
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

You'll be lucky to get one for 10 syns! Why not make a normal cupcake recipe and just work out the syns per portion? Depending on the size, you may get one for 10 syns but icing sugar really does bump it up especially if you want a nice thick topping!

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes if you follow an ordinary muffin recipe (I detest the word cupcake - it's so american :D) but replace the sugar with splenda or somthing similar you shoud be okay. Actually if you have a look at the splenda website you might find something suitable.

Edited to say that I've done a rough calculation based on the recipe i use and I can get it work out at about 6 syns a muffin but this would be more depending on what you add flavour wise. Let me know if you want the recipe and I'll post it tonight when I get home.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.