Curry Recipes (sorry if posted in wrong place)

pixiepiratess

Going From Flab to FAB!
I was just wondering if any of you make your own currys? Im looking for a simple point friendly chicken or pork curry for this evening cant afford a chinese so thought id play Delia for the evening!

LOL ...

Hopeing for some insperation ! xxx:eek:

chop onions and some garlic and fry in either a little olive oil, or frylite. Add curry powder and I use garam masala as well, cook for a few mins on low heat, add chicken (or pork) pieces, and brown off, add a tin of tomatoes and cook slowly for about 40 mins or so, just before serving add some low fat natural yoghurt and some freshly chopped coriander if you have some and enjoy. You only need to count the points for the chicken or pork and for the yoghurt if its not fat free xx

Thanks for those! .. Im going to try the one cheryl posted tonight i think as never tried lentils! ...

Any others would be great as ive got a book i write them all in xxxx

What about a zero points veg curry? If not for tonight then at least store it for future reference.

I put in mine:-

carrots
onions
cauliflower & brocolli (you can use any free points veg)
veg stock cube & water
curry powder.

Throw it all in a saucepan and cook it. I add the curry powder close to the end so that I know how much to use.
I really like it!

xx

Oooo thanks for that! .. would be great if your short on points or if you need to save sme! ... Bet this is lovely with a jacket tattie!

Definatly be trying this another day thanka xx

I've also got one for a chicken tikka type too.

Chicken breasts no skin, cubed.

Marinade (I usually marinade overnight, but you can do it in the morning to cook that evening):

Fat free yoghurt, lemon juice, 1 tsp ground cumin, chopped garlic, chopped ginger (about 1 tsp of each), 1 tsp chilli powder.

After marinading, put on skewers with not too much of the marinade still attached and grill for about 10 mins, turning when browned.

You can do it with whole skinless chicken breasts, put on a tray (again not too much of the marinade attached) and cook in the oven for about 20 mins.

Oooo lovely! think im going to be all curried out! lol

I like to try and have sat night as curry night so will be fun trying out all these lovely recipes!

thanks xxx

Back