New Poster - Please Help (and sorry if I'm in the wrong place)

Hello All,

As the title says I'm new to all this so please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place.... I have been doing SW for about 6 months and have lost 3 stone by making some major changes to how I eat and the exercise I do but I have hit a wall with my weight loss and I don't know why. I had a hysterectomy aged 36 nearly 18 months ago and found on the HRT I had to drastically reduce what I used to eat in order to lose weight but now I think I am in danger of developing OCD about food - it is all I think about.

I would really really appreciate some advice from women who have had big losses and still managed to eat a fair amount. I am so hungry sometimes, not eating til 12 then having small piece of wholemeal with one third tin of beans before eating tea about 6pm. I do have some fruit but am scared if I start to eat more I will gain. I have become worryingly obsessed, even sick about it on the couple of occasions I have allowed myself "too much" chocolate. Am I just a freakoid or what? I bloody hope not....

I have tried to look at food diarys on here but there are so many I got a bit lost. If you can help and have one that I can read please point me in the right direction.

Thank you very much for reading. I hope to hear from someone who understands.

Xx

I have eaten loads and lost weight - my portions are very big most of the time. I would guess that you're not losing anymore because you're not eating enough, you shouldn't ever need to feel hungry on SW. You're probably in starvation mode which is not a good place to be!

I'm not best placed to advise you on the obsessive way you're looking at food but I know that it can't be good for you so it's positive that you have recognised it and are trying to address it. I think you need to get that straight before worrying too much about losing more weight, but hopefully someone with more experience in this area will be able to advise you better. Good luck and look after yourself x

Congratulations on your weight loss! Amazing.
Thanks for responding, sometimes it's just nice to know someone is listening. I will have good look at your diary, I loved green days in the past but have just been doing EE. Maybe I need to mix it up a bit.

Thanks X

Can't hurt to give it a try and get yourself enthused about something new. There are some very adventurous green diaries with lovely pics (far better than mine!) if you have a look through some of the diary threads - have a look out for systema and ermintrude who do some lovely stuff.

Back