Looking for a kick up the bum and some super free inspiration please...

goingtobeskinnysoon

Silver Member
So once again I fell off the SW wagon. After only getting back on it properly a few weeks before. So annoyed with myself. Ive used the fact that ive been away with work for the best part of 6 weeks to excuse the fact that although im starting the day well (eggs on brown toast or fruit) that i crack as soon as a biscuit appears in the same room and then go "oh screw it, ill just let today go". EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Now ive had enough and i could really do with some help. Mainly a bit of support and encouragement (must start writing food diary on here again) but also some thoughts on superfree.

Superfree is always where i struggle. All of the veg i love is only free (peas, sweetcorn, etc) so i end up eating the same things (tomatoes and onions and bns - not mushrooms, hate hate hate mushrooms) pretty much all the time and i think this is at least a part of my problem. I end up snacking on fruit which although its fine id like to find something savoury thats a bit more substantial. Does anyone have any tips? Ive made some tzatziki to go with carrots but there becomes a point where i can take no more carrots either! Ive made SW quiche and its fine but lacking inspiration on what veg to put in. Also, Ive had bns soup for literally the past 3 months as i cant get inspired by anything else and money is tight so cant afford to buy lunch. Going to have a hunt for some good soup recipes in a minute i think, not a fan of chunky ones but figure i can just blitz them, right?

I just sound like im ranting/moaning now so im really sorry (and also sorry if this is in wrong place as i know it annoys ppl!!) im just getting annoyed with myself and now have 2 hours to change next weeks food shop before delivery cut off. And stressed about how much ive probably gained as everything is digging in. Its like no matter how much i want it i just sabotage myself.

I've just done this soup Spiced carrot & lentil soup recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food I haven'tput the mil in yet and don't know if will but if do can use as part of hex or might use fromage frais instead and I didn't use the oil.
Theres a good tomato soup recipe around.
Theres no point having stuff you don't like so go through your books and make a note of all the superfree you like and try and vary it as much as you can?

Ha!

That's another thing I've started doing - guessing hex's or having a splash of milk here and there or even forgetting. How do you guys keep track? I try and use MFP which, when I was losing I was totally on top of. Just getting sloppy now which is stupid x

I keep a diary on here which keeps me on track...well in theory! Have not had the best of weeks.....months....lately but am feeling quite determined to have a good few weeks now!

Have a look at the list of superfree vegetables in your book. Make a note of those you have never tried before, or have never heard of, and make a point of finding at least one of them and finding a way to cook it, or maybe eat it raw.I was looking at the list the other day and realised that I hadn't had salsify for years and years, then coincidentally it turned up in one of the Masterchef programmes the very same day. So that's on my list for this weekend.

Back