Extra Easy Curves and slimming world

Ok girls, so I get weighed every Monday and this Monday I joined curves. I have been to curves class 6 days this week and swimming today so exercised 7 days this week, was 100% on plan and couldn't help but have a sneaky weigh today and I'm a lb heavier than last week?? Anyone any ideas y this could be?? Xx

Replied to this on another thread hun x

I know lots of posts on here mention 'building muscle' when people start exercising and have a small gain.

Now, I'm no expert here but I don't think the kind of exercise we do at the gym will immediately cause us to start building muscles and gaining weight...unless you are training for some kind of body building competition!! lol ;)

I understand when we exercise, our muscles retain water and that's where the extra poundage may come from. It will even itself out eventually and the point is that in the long term, exercise will 'change' the shape of your body as your muscles tone up and what you weigh is almost secondary to what you look like!

Keep doing what you're doing, healthy eating and exercise can only be a good thing!

^^ yes it is your muscles retaining water as after exercise they need to repair themselves. Keep drinking water and it will soon balance itself out

Also your sneaky weigh on your own scales may be different from your weigh in on the scales at Group

Thanks for the replies girlies much appreciated!! !! Littleone83 I got you replie on the other thread thanks a mill hun!!

So WI was tonight and I was indeed up a pound!! I was told to eat more if I can and to drink an extra litre of water too each day, so I shall give this a go and hopefully it helps..

I'm not letting it get to me coz I no myself I worked my ass off and I was 100% on plan all week so looking forward to next week to get on those scales again to see a great loss Xxx

It normally takes me around 3 weeks for my muscles to let go of the extra water when I up my exercise - I would drink as much water as possible, it will help and also I would recommend taking your measurements as you may notice that you are shrinking in size rather than in weight at first! xx

When I start exercising after a break I always see my losses slow right down for the next 3 or so weeks. Which is very annoying when you feel like you've been working your arse off - but then the losses speed right up, you feel your body shape changing, it's so worth it! just keep going, keep following the plan and I'm sure you'll see a difference really soon :)

Good luck lovely xxx

Back