Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Custard

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Walter Bishop, 24 October 2011 Social URL.

1. Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi guys

Does anyone have a recipe for syn free custard at all please? :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Gold Member

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya, I had a bit of an experiment the other day & was impressed with the result. I wanted to find a suitable 'gloop' to use with sliced banana on top of a meringue nest to make a Banoffee Pavlova:-

x 2 egg yolks + 4 tsp Splenda - continually whisk/mix in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Add free yoghurt of choice (I used 1/2 pot toffee Muller) and continue to whisk/mix.

I ended up with a nice custard alternative - not as thick as a sticky toffee as per shop bought Banoffee, but very nice anyway. I'm on the lookout for a caramel flavouring to hopefully make it even yummier.

I'm going to try it again with a full pot of Muller & suspect I might need more egg yolks/Splenda but I'll experiment by just adding one by one till I get the desired consistency.

I think heating the yoghurt gently over the boiling water certainly helped stop it separating.

4. kelkelkel

kelkelkel Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(10.07%)
    Diet:
    slimming world!
    that sounds like a good idea might try that sunday!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.