Cycling & SS

lyndzi76

Gold Member
How much cycling on an exercise bike is ok on SS?
I would like to do something as i don't want to be left with saggy skin at the end but also i don't want to jepodise my weight loss.

Please help?:wave_cry:

Wel I'm on SS, and I'm doing cycling like 20 minutes 3 times a week. And the days that I don't do cycling, I do squats. Like 4 sets of 10, and plus weight on my arms. And it doesn't influence my weight loss, I actually have good normal losses. And somedays some big losses, but don't over do it. Go slow, especially your first weeks....

My personal opinion: cycling, while toning your legs and bum muscles, will accellerate your weight loss which is a good thing, but it will do little to tone your tummy and chest which will also be prone to the saggy skin problem.

I reckon you should do some exercises to tone these areas up too, while you lose weight. It should help the skin come back as the weight comes off, and the double bonus is you'll have a Gwen Stefani tummy waiting for you when you get the last of the fat off :D

If I could do it again (ok, I have *no* intention of doing it again, but you know what I mean) I'd do it like this...

Hi Hun,

I agree with LunarJim, cardio activity will help the weight come off but you need toning activities / light weight resistance training and sit ups etc to get problem areas toned.

I'm doing the first 4 weeks without any "exercise" as such (just walking, swimming) then after week 4 I'm building up a toning plan at the gym.

Good luck!

xxxx

P.s - body oil and coco butter along with body brushing is meant to be fab to avoid saggy skin xx

Back