Cyprus anybody?

chibi

Have any of you lovely people ever been to Cyprus?
I have booked a holiday in Paphos, Cyprus for july with my best friend and I was wondering what there is there to do?
We are easy to please ..sun and a large cocktail and we are all set :D but if there is anything worth seeing while we are there I surpose we could drag ourselves away from the pool ;) any ideas?

its a great place to go i would agree with nelehnalip, farmagusta is defiantly worth a look even if it is from a distance we went in 2006 really enjoyed it took the kids too.
we visited quite a few places we stayed in protaras and went to aiya napa and paphos there seems to be a lot of old caves and bits and bobs to look at cant remember all off the top of my head seems so long ago now x

My family live in Cyprus and there is so much to see. Paphos is definitely focused on tourists and has loads of lovely restaurants, bars, clubs etc. If you want some history visit Limmasol and Kolossi castles. Richard I was married in Limassol castle and he lived at Kolossi. There is a Roman villa at Kourion with an ampithetre at the side. It's really interesting to walk round and in the evening they have plays in the theatre. Nicosia is good to visit. It is the only divided capital city in the world. There is s museum there with loads of info about the 1974 Turkish invasion. A visit up Troodos mountain will show you another side of Cyprus along the way you could stop at Lefkara village and see how they hand make lace.

There really is so much. If you can hire a car while you are there you can see loads. It's only a small island and you can get around easy. Ad the other guys said Famagusta is a good visit as well but can be a bit emotional because of the history.

There's loads of nice beaches Protarus and lady's mile stand out for me.

I hope you have a lovely time. It's my favourite place in the world.

Wow huge huge thankyou!!! will definitely have a look into all those! I've never Been before so the heads up is a great help. I'm excited now can't wait :D

I love it there hire a car & get about a bit we also did the trip to Cairo that was a magical day
If I had the money to buy a holiday home it would be near Paphos

Back