Dailies

*angie*

loves food and cooking
My leader says: '26 points a day are needed for good nutrition'

BUT

apparently I can spend my daily allowance of 26 on anything. She has never told me I must use my 26 on 'healthy food'

So yesterday I kept in my points and didn't need any weeklies:

B yogurt (2) and fruit
L BNS, ginger and apple soup (0) and a 1/2 portion of leftover homemade moussaka from the WW website (5) and salad (0)
D Bream (6) baked with fennel, tomatoes, lemon juice, (0) 150g new potatoes (3) green beans (0)
(+ snacks of fruit through the day)

total so far: 16

The last 10 points I used for a gin (2) and slimline tonic and two 175ml glasses of wine (8)

So, the reality is that I only used 16 points on food.

Am I doing this right?
Should I be eating my points and using my weeklies for treats?
Does anyone care what I actually use my 26 on?
How am I going to get the best weightloss?
How can they guarantee 'good nutrition' if when I go home I can choose how I use my points and end up using 1/3 of them on alcohol?

Last edited:
It's very much a trial and error thing. I suppose you could eat 26pp worth of chocolate per day, but I don't know if you'd lose weight doing that! I know my body, and yes you can eat anything on WW, but I know if I don't get the right balance then I won't lose weight even if I'm within my points.

There's no wrong way on WW, it's whatever works for you. It looks like what you ate was very healthy, and the alcohol fit into your points so I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe if you gain at WI then have a rethink about how you use your points.

I know I can't eat all 49 weeklies or I gain weight, so I stick to about 20pp and try to have them within 2 days of my weigh in if I'm using a lot, otherwise I only have 1-2pp extra a day if I need them.

But on the other hand, some people find they don't have good weight losses unless they eat all their 49 weeklies!

So it really is a case of finding out what works best for you.

In a 2 week period I had a Nandos, 2 chippy takeaways, a pub burger and chips and chocolate and still lost 3lbs because it was all within my points. But I did do a lot of walking!

I use my pp on whatever I like, so if I have a chocolate bar instead of tea that's my choice.
I always use when I do it, last weekend on sat I had a cookie, curly wurly, single twix finger, some round tree randoms, quavers... I pretty much used all my points on snacks all day and never had anything 'healthy'
i lost 5.5lbs on my weigh in monday

Yeah I love WW because I can eat what I want and lose weight! I never feel guilty for eating 'junk'!

I use my pp on whatever I like, so if I have a chocolate bar instead of tea that's my choice.
I always use when I do it, last weekend on sat I had a cookie, curly wurly, single twix finger, some round tree randoms, quavers... I pretty much used all my points on snacks all day and never had anything 'healthy'
i lost 5.5lbs on my weigh in monday

Arrr wow I'm gonna try this I've got a major sweet tooth haha huge well don't thats an amazing loss!!! X

And me, I love chocolate ...
I have 26pp a day and today iv used 12 on a reeses nutragous bar and chewits ... Lol.. And I got 1pp left now

And me, I love chocolate ...
I have 26pp a day and today iv used 12 on a reeses nutragous bar and chewits ... Lol.. And I got 1pp left now

Hehe - different strokes and all that - me? I could take or leave chocolate and sweets. I'm honestly just not bothered. I have a house full of the stuff and yet it usually gets thrown away after a year of sitting in the cupboard uneaten (yes, I throw the stuff away. Anyone need easter eggs from 2012 cos there are some here)..

... mind you, alcohol is quite another matter, rather partial to more than the odd tipple. Wine and gin don't last so long :rolleyes: ...

Back