DAILY MAIL

barbs1965

Is anyone following the 5:2 plan from the daily mail? This allows you more to eat than the fasting and is supposed to have similar benefits. I did the first day yesterday and I wasn't too hungry. You are supposed to eat more protein and fat, and the veg and fruit is limited although I think quite sufficient. I must admit I am really hungry this morning and breakfast is 2 rashers bacon and 1/2 tin of tomatoes and a mug of milky coffee. Lunch will be 3 egg omelette and 1 tomato, Tea will be fish and green beans with strawberries to follow and for my snacks 4 tablespoons of nuts and celery and another milky coffee before I go to bed.

Hi there, I read about this in the Mail and it sounds like what I've been doing for the past 3 years. I fast on Monday and Tuesday, I have less than 500 cals sometimes. Good luck with it.

The daily mail is a slightly different one than the fasting. The calories apparently are closer to 1000 but you are having more protein. today is my second day back to back and I definitley have found it harder. I have had my tea and am still hungry. All i have to look forward to is a milky coffee and getting up tomorrow to a bowl of porridge. On the 2 days dieting you are not allowed any carbs

Me and hubby started this one this week, I was less hungry and found it a little easier, hubby lost 5 lbs and I didn't lose any yet but still in the first week so will carry on for another week and see if it improves

It is sickening how men lose weight easier than us. My husband did this with me too. we did the 2 days on Tues and wed but we always weigh on Sunday so I don't know how he has done. I had a sneaky peak and I think I have lost 2 lbs but i won't really know for sure until Sunday. I am trying to follow slimming world on the other days rather than the mediterranean one on the paper.

I know lol we've only done tues/wed so will weight on Sunday and see if its any better, the mail hasn't actually posted what Mediterranean is yet so prob easier to stick to slimming world , started doing the alternate day diet first but found I was bingeing on the non diet days when it says eat what u like :) glad your doing well and it's nice to do the diet with your other half

I was exactly the same on the alternate diet. I don't have a lot to lose but I a struggling with these last few pounds. It seems to be 2 off and then 1 on one next week and then the other on the second week. They just won't shift so hopefully this will be the one that does it. Plus all the other health benefits will definitely make it worthwhile. From what I have read about the mediteranean it seems to be much of the same as the 2 days but more veg and fruit is allowed and some treats ie wine or chocolate but not as much treats as slimming world so I think I will need to try to cut those down a bit.I think it said have 3 treats over the week. On sw I was having goodies every day. Good luck for Sunday

Hiya everyone, I have been trying to find a thread about the two day diet, how are you all getting on?? My two days are wed and thurs, I did 600 cal on wed and 550 on thurs, I found it quite easy as I have done he Cambridge diet before and it is calories but just in the form of shakes so to be able to eat food is great. And the no carbs is fab even if this week I haven't lost and lbs I can feel the bloat is gone and my stomach is flat!! Hopefully we can all keep each other upto date on how we're going, and is love to hear your meal ideas :) xx

Hi well my OH and me weighed ourselves and have both lost 2lbs. He was disappointed but I said that he has been the lowest he has been for ages and if we continue he will do even better, I think he thought he would lose loads. My 2 diet days this week are Tues and Wed again. It will be great to hear how others are getting on

Back