Dangerous Debz Does Another Dull Diary

Friday 27th July

Wow that's been a marathon kind of day. With the kids 'help' I've managed to box up all of the orders for next week - that I know about.

There are 5 people who should be coming, who I haven't a clue what they want, and then there are the ones who were supposed to be with me this week, but didn't show.

I'm quite indifferent about it at the moment. I should have enough stock, and that's all I can be bothered with. I'm not going to let it worry me.

I took the kids out for lunch again today. They had sandwiches in the coffee shop. I didn't have a roll today because the last two I had over the last two days gave me a bad IBS attack last night, so that's it for carbs for me for a while - great. And Apart from that I don't have an appetite. And I've got a perculiar metal taste in my mouth too.

I took the kids to the park after lunch where because the summer holidays was the time of year to shut the playground bit for a refit, they just had a run around with one of Gemma's school friends.

And now I've caught up with everything I needed to do, it's time to cook tea.

Hey you - just popped by to say helloooooooo :D

hope you're doin OK...and coping with the kids at home :eek:

off to London on Friday...for the wedding !!! can't wait - hope the weather is kind :)

also - have booked for Christmas conference....no chance I can get you to change your mind...would be fab to meet ya !!! go on....you know you want to ..lol !!!

love

Debz xx

Hiya Debz, how goes it? I hope you have a lovely wedding this weekend.

I shall be at Gatwick wondering at the delays I'm bound to encounter travelling in the middle of the afternoon. That's assuming that the great M25 is actually moving smoothly and we get to the airport in time for the plane at that time of day. It's always a worry, but as it's beyond my control, it's not something I worry too much about.

As for the conference, nope still not going. I'm not even sure where or when it is in December, beginning I think. Unless it's a weekend it would take Danny working from home to deal with the kids, and then one of my counsellors to say they're driving and would pick me up and take me there and bring me back again. I know you've got further to travel, but down here, we just don't like the idea of getting on the damn motorway for 2 hours to get up there. You can't get a train from here early enough to get you to London in time to cross London to get out the other side again for a morning start - don't know if it's a morning start so you have to drive.

I just don't feel up to doing anything extra this year. I'm knackered and feel ill all the time. Until that's sorted out, I'm barely hanging in there as it is. What a wuss! :eek:

However I'm shifting the stock at the moment in preparation for me buggering off to Fuerteventura on Saturday, providing it isn't burning like the other two islands are by then.

Which reminds me, I'd better get Thursday mornings pile of orders into my office in preparation for the session to make it look like I'm vaguely organised. ;)

Friday 3rd August

This will probably be the last from me for a while (everyone sighs with relief.)

I'm off on my hols for two weeks of sun.

To get rid of the evening boredom this time if the kids feel the need to go to bed early again like six months ago, I've got my PSP, some puzzle books, some cross stitch and we're taking a portable DVD player and some DVDs to play catch up with the programmes we haven't got around to watching yet.

So with all that preparation, this time, I bet both kids manage to stay up until the small hours of the morning and we get to listen to the dubious pleasures of the entertainers at night. Swell.

And tonight, we're having a takeaway. I haven't figured out which one is the least likely to produce food poisoning in any of us. Probably a Chinese. Indians always a bit risky the day before travelling and probably best avoided due to the nature of a curry.

Hmmm. Decisions decisions.

I can't believe I agreed to such crap flight times. What was I thinking? We're going to get to the hotel at about 10pm when everything is shut and we get back two weeks later in the small hours of the morning. I must have been desparate when I booked this one!

Tuesday 28th August

Well we had a holiday. Delayed going out, had maintenance in to fix the patio doors with a power drill when we got there at 1130pm so we could lock them otherwise as we could see from damage to the outside of the doors someone would have been in from the road and broken into and taken our stuff. Got the front door fixed a couple of days later when that broke - similar problem.

The kids liked the kids club, the food was OK until they forgot how to cook chicken and pork properly and then it was almost always a bit underdone.

Usual problem with sun beds. And for all inclusive this was the first time that we couldn't get any snacks to feed the kids. This cost us a fortune at the on site shop because the lunch and dinner were later than the kids are used to and they were hungry outside of these times.

Got delayed on the way back, even more delayed trying to get off the plane because there were no coaches at 2am to get us back to the airport from the plane. Then we discovered they'd lost one of our cases.

Did the paperwork, got home 4am Sunday 19th.

The case got delivered to a house a few doors down the road from us on the Monday. They couldn't even get that right. And the neighbour didn't get hold of me on the phone until Wednesday, but he brought it round that evening for us, for which I am really grateful.

I've had much better holidays, but at least we all survived. Done Fuerteventura twice now, don't feel the need to go back for a good few years.

Might try one of First Choices 'Butlins in the sun' holiday villages next year for a change. I've got pages of holiday reviews to read about them. Although it had to be said, the reviews for the place we just went to were up in the 9s and 10s out of 10, and I gave it a 4 for our experience. So I'm not sure it helps, if it's going to be slightly crap, it'll be slightly crap. I just wanted some sun (we had a fair amount of cloud and even some rain) and the ability to lock my doors at night and to be easily able to feed the kids. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Went to the caravan at the weekend, had a good walk around the animal park. Came home Sunday morning to take the kids to a disappointing donkey derby, where I spent £35 just on burgers, hotdogs and rides for them. Then as I didn't want the day to be wasted for us, I had already booked the babysitter and Danny and I went to see The Simpsons.

And if cineworld would just get their finger out and publish the times for The Bourne Ultimatum for Saturday I'll book a baby sitter again for Saturday night and book the tickets.

After my holiday my weight is higher than I like it to be, but it'll go gradually. I'm doing Cambridge and fruit for breakfast (need something extra in my stomach to combat the nausea of the supplements I'm taking.) Something like green salad with ham or chicken for lunch. Then another salad at dinner time with whatever protein I've got.

I started toning exercises on holiday (that's a statement I never thought I'd use) and have continued them so far. About three times a week every other day.

I just need to fit into the size 12 trouser suit I've bought for my nieces wedding. The jacket is fine, the trousers will undoubtly be too long as my legs are so short they don't reach my arse, but I haven't tried them on yet to see if they will do up.

And that's about it.

Assume I've still got all the same aches and pains and ear ache that I went on holiday with because I have, but even I've got bored with moaning about them every five minutes.

Wednesday 29th August

Nothing exciting going on. Well I've lost the 2lbs of pizza weight that I gained on Monday night.

I've got a lower carb version of 1000kcal going on which seems to be OK.

I'm working on losing a few pounds of holiday weight and toning up now. And I may possibly pay to have some abdominal fat injected away, if I can't lose it myself. Things we do.

I would like some sort of guarantee that I can get into my trouser suit for the wedding at the end of September. It fits but is tight on the waist, so it shouldn't be more than a few pounds to go.

I took the kids out for lunch today. Had to go to the post office and the bank. How exciting. I had a chicken salad.

So my food is generally like this

1 chocolate velvet
skimmed milk
1 peanut bar
1 banana
2 pears
2 nectarines
2 salads
some chicken or ham
some more chicken
1 diet yogurt

That little lot comes out to about 1000kcal, but I'm not eating any actual carbs if I can help it because the meal I'd eat them at I eat too late.

And I'm toning for about half an hour 3 times a week.

Plus from next Tuesday I'll be walking 4 miles a day and from the week after I'll be up to 5 miles a day.

Pity my joints haven't got any better since the lack of walking during the summer holidays, they seem to be getting worse. So I'm going to do the healthy eating thing for a while at the same time as my joints getting worse, so no-one in the medical community can get dumb with me about 'not eating properly', and then see about getting some tests to find out what it is.

What a bore.

Hey Debz - great to see ya back !!

healthy eating plan sounds good....fingers crossed it'll do the trick for the trouser suit !

catch ya later - on dinner duty :rolleyes:

Debz x

Ick dinner duty. I did mine late today. I didn't even start cooking until after 5pm - with less than an hour to get that done before I started work tonight. Managed it of course. Oh the power of prepared batch cooking.

The delay was caused by me buying a top or two for the wedding. Will probably have to send it back if it doesn't fit on my arms Grrrr. But at least I've gone ahead and ordered something. (Plus swimwear for the kids for the next holiday in Feb. Is is Feb yet? - Me? live for holidays? Never ... Must book Aug 08 in the next couple of weeks. Where's that plane? :character00255:)

This Cockspur Rum and Pepsi Max is GOOOOOD :party0036:

I've had a crap day. The bin man complained about the amount of paper I recycle wrongly accusing me of recycling business waste, which I don't. I got thrown off a bus because there wasn't enough room for me Gemma and the pushchair, but I'd already paid for the journey with my Oyster card, but I don't think he credited it or cancelled the transaction. Then we walked to the village to find that there were no bloody tables free in the bakers, so I didn't get my chicken salad lunch or a drink. I still haven't had lunch, I've basically had a chocolate velvet, a banana and a pear today and that's it.

But things looked up this evening as I've weighed people so at least I still have clients.

And Tripadvisor.com have posted my holiday review. I'm really pleased. Apparently they only post interesting and relevant ones. Cor

Corralejo: Lobos Bahia Club - Traveler Reviews - Not worth the price we paid - TripAdvisor

I'm Whens-the-next-hol

Cor.

Monday 10th September.

Gemma finally learnt how to ride her bike this weekend. She's only had it 3 years! :character00201: Wrong kind of bike. In fact she's had it so long she's now too big for it. I did say that if she manages now to be able to start riding it herself without Danny having to push her forwards, that she can have a new one for Christmas. Kerching.

I have been doing plenty of this :character00115: trying to shrink my arms. But I think I'm going to be finding more grey hairs before I ever manage slim arms on my own, so basically I'm treading water until I can get Smart Lipo on the damn things.

And my trouser suit for the :love047: fits now. Well it's about a mile too long on the legs, but doing the button up isn't going to cut me in half horizontally.

And I went away at the weekend and still managed to maintain a weight loss for last week. How smug is that? :clap:

Gemma finally learnt how to ride her bike this weekend. She's only had it 3 years! :character00201: Wrong kind of bike. In fact she's had it so long she's now too big for it. I did say that if she manages now to be able to start riding it herself without Danny having to push her forwards, that she can have a new one for Christmas. Kerching.

I have been doing plenty of this :character00115: trying to shrink my arms. But I think I'm going to be finding more grey hairs before I ever manage slim arms on my own, so basically I'm treading water until I can get Smart Lipo on the damn things.

And my trouser suit for the :love047: fits now. Well it's about a mile too long on the legs, but doing the button up isn't going to cut me in half horizontally.

And I went away at the weekend and still managed to maintain a weight loss for last week. How smug is that? :clap:

Hey you - great news that the trouser suit fits !!

know what you mean bout those arms - mine are exactly the same - HATE them !!! bought a Slenderton Fortex machine at the weekend - 4 minutes, 4 times a week for 4 weeks - supposed to see a difference... we shall see....:rolleyes: have also looked at Smart Lipo for my arms....god are we twins ???!!!!! would be interested to hear how it goes if you go ahead.....

Debz x

Oh let me know how the slendertone thing goes. I've got so many of those damn things, use them for a bit then can't be bothered. Would rather get the laser treatment. IF it ever becomes available.

I bought a couple of tops for the weddings. They both fit fine on the body. The one I like the best is short sleeved and has buttons on the cuffs which are way too tight on my arms of course. There are very few bits I can see in the mirror now where I think that needs slimming down, but my arms are definitely one of those areas. All I'm going to end up doing by lifting weights is hurting my elbows, because I can feel them getting sore when I work out anyway.

Moan moan moan.

Thursday 13th September

It's a bit of a quiet time in djsworld at the moment. I think Thursday for now is going to work out to be one of my quieter days.

I'm working through my regular batch of carb craving days. Should soon be over. I'm also having a few days of being really tired. Hopefully that will pass soon.

Today I've had 1 chocolate velvet in two pints of hot water and 1 pint of tea.

For lunch I'll have my chicken salad.

It would be so nice to not feel I need to eat anything tonight, maybe I'll try to get away with a few CD instead of actual food. Actually I hope I fall asleep on the sofa at about 8.30 after work tonight and then I won't be awake to put any breakfast cereal in my mouth. Even I don't eat and sleep at the same time. :eek:

Thursday 20th September

Forgive me mins for I have sinned, it's been a week since my last attempt at boring the pants of people.

:blahblah:

Well I have successfully got rid of my beeb.net account. :pcwhack: It didn't work properly from the very early days, I just couldn't be bothered to get rid of it because of all the hassle of changing my email address. But I've done it now. :party0038:I can't believe how quickly that was deleted. I sent them a letter and the following day that was it my account was history.

So now I've got my own domain DJsWorld.co.uk and if I could ever be bothered I may do a web site, but I'm at a loss as to what the hell I'd put on it, since the only thing I'm known for is doing this diet.

One thing I'm really enjoying from having a new email address is not getting the constant spam I had on the old one. Mind you I don't suppose it will take long to build up.

There's nothing else to report. I'm in routine mode at the moment.

I'm still stressed about the logistics of getting to the weddings. The first one is a week on Saturday and it'll be fine if we can park at various places and no-one needs the loo at odd moments and no-one throws up in the car on the way.

I actually can't wait until the beginning of December. It'll all be over by then.

Friday the 21st of vomit

Threw up twice this morning before we left the house. I am NOT taking any more bloody supplements. They are supposed to be helping me with PMT, cramps and joint pain and I've been taking 10 pills in all every day. All that happens is I feel sick in the mornings. (No I'm not pregnant) I'm still a miserable murderous cow that periodically bends double with excruciating cramps.

Although I have to say my joints are better at the moment, but I really put that down to the fact that I'm toning muscles three times a week to take the load off the joints.

Plus, I suspect they are also contributing to my lack of will power with food at the moment. Thinking back the easiest times I've had losing weight have been with no supplementation and the times when I've struggled have been when I've been taking EPO/herbal stuff/joint stuff. And how I struggle is with a sort of toned down version of the compulsion to eat that I got when I was pregnant. So I reckon this stuff I've been taking is more trouble than it's worth.

Plus the EPO capsules from Boots burst in the bottle which means that they all get coated in oil which means that they are nauseous to take from the moment you put them in your mouth. I think that has caused a lot of the problem.

I frankly would rather be in pain for hours once a month, but be able to not eat at bed time and shift some extra pounds than be this albeit healthy but cosmetically too high weight and feel sick every morning.

I'm very angry. My body needs a good slap.:banghead:

Bloody stuff. Just looking all this up again. Evening Primrose oil can cause headaches, gastric problems, bloating and nausea. Funny that. I really don't need any help getting any of those things. I can do all that on my own thank you.

Plus a 'well designed study' found it had little effect on PMT although the other not so well designed studies showed it helped.

I've got a headache.

Hey Debz - sorry ur having a crap time hun :(

I take Agnus Castus for PMT (have done for years) - get it in Boots - the make I take is KIRA....it's a herbal remedy and is BRILL !!!

I used to be really really awful for about 10 days before my TOTM.. and now I don't even know when it's due (unless I check my diary !) cos I don't have any moods or anything....

give it a whirl and see if it helps !

Debz x

Alas I've also been taking it for MONTHS all of this year in fact, with no effect. So I'm not taking anything any more and we'll see if I get arrested for murder any time soon.

The stress levels are mounting now because I have my nieces :love047: on Saturday. I can't wait until it's over really. Or at least I can't wait until we're at the reception where I know there must be a damn toilet for the kids.

I've decided to cut short work on Wednesday night and not see anyone new that night so I can colour my hair. I'm going grey. :raincloud: I suppose its not so bad. I'm mid 30s and my Mum was a teenager when she started going grey.

I've been :character00116: today, so I feel quite :angeldevil:

Unfortunately the way my stress about the weekend is manifesting itself is with IBS, so there's a chance I may lose weight this week purely by :sick0019:.

My outfit fits, although Danny says the trousers aren't that flattering and I feel dumpy in the whole thing. :badmood:

Oh well. And what was that weather about this morning? That was some rain we had here.

Alas I've also been taking it for MONTHS all of this year in fact, with no effect. So I'm not taking anything any more and we'll see if I get arrested for murder any time soon.

The stress levels are mounting now because I have my nieces :love047: on Saturday. I can't wait until it's over really. Or at least I can't wait until we're at the reception where I know there must be a damn toilet for the kids.

I've decided to cut short work on Wednesday night and not see anyone new that night so I can colour my hair. I'm going grey. :raincloud: I suppose its not so bad. I'm mid 30s and my Mum was a teenager when she started going grey.

I've been :character00116: today, so I feel quite :angeldevil:

Unfortunately the way my stress about the weekend is manifesting itself is with IBS, so there's a chance I may lose weight this week purely by :sick0019:.

My outfit fits, although Danny says the trousers aren't that flattering and I feel dumpy in the whole thing. :badmood:

Oh well. And what was that weather about this morning? That was some rain we had here.

hey Missus !

might have known Agnus Castus wouldn't work for you !!! wot are you like ????

how nice of Danny to remark that your trousers aren't that flattering !! :mad: how very rude......

hopefully Saturday will turnout better than you think...bet you look great in your outfit.....

hope your week turns out to be a good'un !!

catch ya later....

Debz xx

I look dumpy. I look dumpy in that trouser suit now and I'll look dumpy in it at the weekend. But thanks for your kind thoughts!

And yes if there's a recognised remedy for something that I try, it'll either do the opposite or nothing at all.

Caffeine makes me sleepy. That's how odd I am.

But anyway, if my IBS keeps up I'll be a damn sight slimmer by the weekend. :eek:

Hope you're having a great week!

Back