Dangerous Debz Does Another Dull Diary

Nah not really nosy. Stands to reason we'd sell it for a profit, or we couldn't run it as a business. I don't think everyone realises that we pay for the stuff up front though. That's why it can be a bit hairy starting up as you're never sure the stuff will sell having bought it all in.

Yeah tomorrow I'm going to make myself sit down in the middle of the day and watch something I've got recorded and I may even do some sewing. Wayhay

I see www.cambridgedieters.com has fallen over again. Ho hum. Oh well I'll have to be solely boring on here then.

Booked Matt's 5th birthday party today. Got in there early, its not til November. But round here if you don't book them that early you miss out on the day and time you want. So I've got the eating at lunch time slot. I am a geniesarse. I wonder if this site still ** out arse. Hmmm.

So my weight is going nowhere because I'm in weekend away mode and eating breakfast cereal in the evening.:eatdrink051:

Our car is broken and has been in the garage for a week now.:character00182: We thought it was the turbo we didn't think we had, but now the mechanic says the new one he put in is still chucking out oil and smoke, so he changed a filter and it seems to be OK, but it needs a run tomorrow to check. Either way its £2000+ to fix it. He thinks it'll be done so we can go away tomorrow to the caravan for the weekend. And in any case he wants to get rid of it because he's got about 6 cars to fix at the moment.

I've just signed up for £2000 of new French doors, just before we found out the car was dangerous to drive!

My 8 year old daughter has just informed me that she doesn't particularly like eating meat any more. She did a science lesson today that involved looking and touching bones. So I think I can blame that. I wouldn't have a problem with that if she would come up with other things she is prepared to eat. I'm not going down the road of only cooking pasta every night.

Oh and I went to the hair dressers this afternoon and the hairdresser knew what colour I was having beforehand, but didn't find the bottle until after my appointment time had started, and I left the hairdressers which is about an 8 minute walk from school at exactly the time that Matt is due to come out of school. Thankfully being in reception they don't let them go until the parents are there, so I apologised and explained and the teacher was very good about it. I'm never normally late anyway.

And I've had a weather headache all day, :badmood:so I'm doped up to my eyeballs with painkillers so I can function.

It'll be good to fall asleep on the sofa tonight. Looking forward to it. :banghead:

Wednesday 17th September

I can heartily recommend The London Bridge Experience and Tombs. Danny and I had a superb time there on Friday. It only took us about an hour to go through it, and we were the only two in the group so we had all the actors to ourselves. And as we joined in with the action and the screaming they told us we were better than the group of 10 that they had just before us.

I was sniffed up close and personal by some kind of zombie monster who first asked me what I was, to which I said strange. Then he chased us around a bit, sniffed me again and told me I smelt like wet dog, which was just hysterical! Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Spent a small fortune in the gift shop.

Unfortunately the day was then marred by us picking up our car for the weekend mid service and driving it around smoking out the entire country. But I'm confident that after two weeks of being with the mechanic, and paying him about £2000 to £3000 we may get the car back this weekend in fully working condition and even with a valid MOT, there's a notion! And there was me thinking that BMWs were supposed to be reliable. Well they may be, but when they go wrong they sure are expensive to fix. Rather than draining the oil out of our exhaust we could for instance pay £1000 for a new one! Perhaps not. Credit crunch and all that.

Anyway, I intend to make some cereal substitute by making some toffee and walnut muffins, cutting them up into cereal sized pieces and snacking on those instead of Os tonight. I'm hoping I can make them hard enough to crunch away on. Of course the nutrition won't apply, but then these will be about my 5th CD of the day, so who cares. At the moment having come back off holiday, I'm enjoying loading up on CD every day and not being ill with IBS. I'm not counting the portions or the calories at the moment. My main aim is to get through a couple of weeks without bloody gut rot every day. Its so nice to not feel like I've been kicked in the guts every day. :D

Aha, apart from burning my fingers on hot CD muffin trying to cut it up into tiny pieces, I think my late night cereal habit might just be conquered (sp?) Even if it doesn't set teethbreakingly hard by tonight, it'll still be 137 empty calories to munch on rather than several hundred calories of carb filled Cheerios. I could make a full cereal box of those. Think I'll do that. Obviously not for SS or nutrition, but a perfect substitute for my late night cereal habit. :) I may reach a target weight yet.

It would help if I'd decide on a target weight in the first place, but hey I'm a woman, I'm supposed to have a problem with decision making. :rolleyes:

Thursday 18th September

Well the car has been in the garage now for two weeks, apart from the weekend when we smoked out the countryside. I haven't heard anything for a few days. I'm hoping he can get most of the oil out of the exhaust. I'm also hoping we can have the car road worthy for the weekend. Its getting a bit daft now.

I went round to the garage this morning, but he wasn't open at the time. Dad needed the gate card for the caravan site, he's lost his. I wasn't that optimistic about being able to get it out of the glove because last night when Danny came through the car was on some kind of ramp, although not the really high one. Danny will be late home tonight so I'm not sure he could pick the car up even if it was ready, as the garage may not be open in the evening. I have to admit even though we only use the car at the weekend, it would be nice to get it back in time. I do still need to rest my legs every weekend. And walking up to the shops for another 3 mile round trip isn't ideal when I've already walked over 20 miles during the working week.

Think I might have overdone it on the cucumber last night, got some IBS pain. Bloody body. I would dearly love a body that just coped with food rather than one that just turned round and said -Hah, you want to eat normal stuff do you? We'll see about that - have some pain instead! :mad:

TGIF

Lost a couple of pounds this week. I'm hoping that we're home I won't gain water this weekend. Although Danny wants to go to some local caves for a look, and he punctuated that with 'and they have a restaurant.' But for some reason I never feel the urge to eat at restaurants near home as I'm not actually 'away' for the weekend.

I'm in serious danger of being able to have a really relaxing day today. I don't think I'm expecting anyone this morning although I'm in just in case someone does show up. Then the only thing I've got to do before I get the kids this afternoon is to put some clean washing away when it's dried. Sure I could sort a cupboard out or do some tidying, but frankly I'm not going to. This is my year. I've had two really gruelling years of rushing around high speed doing 6 miles a day of walking, I'm knackered and I need to sit down and do some sewing for a bit.

Tuesday 23rd September

I don't think I can call my vegetable growing efforts a success this year. Out of several cucumber plants, I've had one cucumber which had tough skin, and another small one that I've just picked because its not going to grow any more. I had to pick my radishes too early because we were away on holiday so they were tiny, and as for the courgettes, well I suppose the flowers were colourful.

It would really help if this stuff didn't need tending when we were away on holiday. I remember one year I was picking several cucumbers a week. Everything grew. This year I sort of just planted it and left it. Better luck next time!

Back