Dangerous Debz Does Another Dull Diary

Coconut oil.

Oh get me started, eh?
rubbing it in to start with, buhhht the Holland & Barrett jar smells good and says eat me. So I looked it up and it's good for inflammatory stuff.

I've psoriasis and heriditory - spell that for me please - dry skin, so I tasted a little and it was good. So I read more. One tsp twice a day of the extra virgin stuff from the expensive health food shop (reserving the H&B for skin) later, and the skin bods are going "my goodness, your skin is looking well".

I've learnt from bitter experience that if I tell them I'm trying anything, they'll tell me to stop it. So I'm keeping it up - but google it. "Studies show....." that it cures almost everything!!!!!! :cool::rolleyes:;) I'm septically sceptic, but you never can tell.

Well, shhhhhhh........... tell no-one because it tastes good.

You can use it for cooking, baking, frying

I've only had it off a teaspoon and melted in soup for now though :(
and rubbed allllllllll over. I smell like the world's biggest bounty bar :D

Someone once came in for a weigh in smelling like coconut - some kind of tanning lotion I think it was. Made the mistake of saying that smelt nice and she gave me a look like I was coming on to her I think. :)

Today I have been rushed getting everything done. I am very tired, and I can't wait to get into the bath when Danny comes home to see to the kids. I have done all my usual Tuesday things including shopping with Dad and buying more tops to go with my dumpy trouser suit. Hopefully something will look almost OK, although with the IBS I have at the moment, I stand to lose at least a tonne by the weekend anyway.

I coloured my hair this lunch time and while that was staining my head, neck and face oh and my hair, I cut Dad's hair. And before then I had my quarterly Botox appointment (the headaches were back last week) and while I was there I booked for me to have lipodissolve on my upper abdomen which has this habit of sticking out over my ruddy waistbands. So that's next Tuesday.

Got yoga tonight. As of this moment I have every intention of going. I hope I don't change my mind, because where major surgery used to be the only thing that would stop me going, over the last year, I've missed more lessons than I can count.

Lipodissolve? Is that what you're talking about for your arms as well? Let us know how you get on.

I'm debating the botox, but I'll buy a silk pillowcase first. That's supposed to help, and I notice particular creases from the way I sleep. Given that losing weight leaves you more prone to facial crevices, I'll want to nip them in the -erm (very large)- bud.

No I'm waiting for Smart Lipo for my arms, it's a more expensive laser treatment which may also help with any loose skin left on my arms when the fat has gone. You only have it done once and it takes about three months to take effect. I will never have skinny arms, but I may at least be able to wear things with sleeves in.

Lipodissolve is literally a bunch of monthly injections in a small area which dissolve the membranes around the fat cells which means that the body can metabolise the fat. It was originally designed to dissolve fatty deposits in arteries to combat heart disease, so it's history is sound.

The Botox is good though. Although I mainly have it to stop me frowning in my sleep and waking up with headaches. Although having said that, I have it to stop me frowning when I'm awake too, because I only realise I'm frowning when the damn headache has already started. By then it's too late and I'm on to painkillers which have a longterm effect on your liver. Whereas studies now show there's no longterm effect on anything in your body with Botox. If you stop having it, it just disappears out of your system and thats the end of it. So although it's more costly, Botox is safer than painkillers.

Stunning headache today. Think I might have frowned for England in my sleep last night. The Botox needs about another week and a bit before it kicks in and I can't frown.

I think I've got my day under control though. So I SHOULD have an easy day. But we'll see. I was planning an easy day yesterday and I ended up having a rush on. Got everything done in time, but it would be nice to have some time to spare.

Off to the bank, the coffee shop and then to pick Matt up from nursery now.

Tuesday 9th October

I've got face ache. Do you think there will ever be a day when I don't go on a forum complaining about something?

Actually, I've also got chewing gum, maybe that will help. I get this damn jaw soreness whenever I'm not eating three conventional meals a day.

Anyway, last week I did really well knocking about 3lbs off during the week, only to go to my youngest nieces 6th birthday party and eat about 6 fries, 4 spoonfuls of ice cream and a handful of pick and mix at the weekend and put it all back on.

Of course that in turn gave me the munchies and I haven't been able to stop eating since. Doesn't help.

Again I think the chewing gum may be able to help there. If I'm constantly chewing something with flavour, I'm not going to be thinking oh I must eat something. Works for me anyway. I'm lucky that way.

So I think I'm going to have to set myself a target of so many packets of chewing gum a day just to keep my jaw from hurting and to make me feel like I'm eating.

Apart from that I'm OK. Although I could complain for ages about the weather. Thankfully my Dad met us at the school today because he had an appointment at the doctors a bit beforehand. And he brought us most of the way home by car. Of course as soon as we got to the car, the rain had almost stopped.

The river is almost flooded. One side of the river bank (the side nearest the houses down that way) is lower than the other side. And when I walked through the woods the water was at the top. If we get much more rain over night, it's going to flood. I don't go round that side of the river though. The side of the river I use is feet above the water still. And I was quite surprised walking through the woods this afternoon at how passable it was. There was hardly any mud. I think that is because we've had so much rain over the last few months that the mud has been washed down the hill. We're left with bare stones now. Still, that makes my 5 miles of walking easier. So that's only a good thing.

Got to get the bread out of the bread maker now without eating any.

:cool:
Chewing gum lots GIVES me face-ache. It took me a week to figure it out though.

I hope you have trendy wellies?

Hey Missus - great to see ya back !!

missed your moans and groans......:p

seriously...hope ur OK - look forward to catching up !

love

Debz x

Hey Missus - great to see ya back !!

missed your moans and groans......:p

seriously...hope ur OK - look forward to catching up !

love

Debz x

Moans and groans - here's one I'VE GOT NO BLOODY WILL POWER.

I lost 3lbs last week, put it back on over the weekend at my youngest nieces 6th birthday party, which I suppose is better than putting on an extra 3lbs and now I can't seem to find the oomph to lose anything.

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH

My weak spots are preparing other people's meals. From now on because I pick at the cheese from the sandwiches and stuff like that - before I start I'm going to put a sugar free boiled sweet in my mouth and suck that while I'm preparing the meals. That way I'm hoping that I won't be tempted to slice a bit of cheese off and tell myself, it's only protein. :rolleyes: Because it isn't only bloody protein it's 33% fat and a large amount of unwanted bloody calories. GRRRRRR

Just shoot me now. Its like I've morphed into another person completely in the last two years. I NEVER used to have this problem. I blame the depression, it's messed with my head - er - which is probably a bit obvious.

Gotta drag the kids to school.

Wednesday 31st October

Halloween. The kids are going trick or treating round to a client who has agreed to hand out sweets to them who happens to live in our road. And then they are walking round to my Dad's house. Danny is taking them because I'm working tonight.

I made it to yoga last night but was limping because of my bad left big toe. I left the class early due to lack of interest and the fact that the hall was hot, and lying down I was getting bunged up and couldn't breathe.

I think I walked 6 miles yesterday.

This morning I walked Gemma to school, went to the coffee shop, killed some time there and doing a bit of shopping in the village waiting for the bank to open where I got some change for work, and completely forgot to get some £5 notes.

Then I took Matt to the park, which was really nice because we were the only ones in there and I didn't have a second child to try and watch at the same time. We got the bus back.

Yesterday I actually managed to find a few work surfaces in my kitchen. I've got my brother and his family and Dad and Cat coming for explosives on Saturday and the place was just a tip. It's not going to get much better than it is at the moment because I've got no hall side board at the moment because of the decorating, so I've got large cardboard boxes in the kitchen full of stuff.

I'm going to try to rest my feet as much as possible today, but I've still got more then 2 miles to walk.

Debz I need some guidance please.

This is a silly concern I know but I have to ask.

I went onto 790 6 weeks ago. I have lost another 6lbs this week making 24lbs in 6 weeks of the 790.

Is this okay? I am astonished that the weight is falling off faster on 790 than on SS.

Also the weeks I eat more Quorn, the more the weight falls off, which seems very odd to me. I have had Quorn for the main meal 6 days out of the last 7.

I'm not complaining about the weight loss, far from it, am just confused!

Gosh you are so lucky ive only lost 6lb on ss. Anyway Debz,
Its getting me down doing ss and i didnt lose anything on 790 do you think now that im in full ketosis i could do aam and then back up to 790 and carry on losing any thoughts please?

Debz I need some guidance please.

This is a silly concern I know but I have to ask.

I went onto 790 6 weeks ago. I have lost another 6lbs this week making 24lbs in 6 weeks of the 790.

Is this okay? I am astonished that the weight is falling off faster on 790 than on SS.

Also the weeks I eat more Quorn, the more the weight falls off, which seems very odd to me. I have had Quorn for the main meal 6 days out of the last 7.

I'm not complaining about the weight loss, far from it, am just confused!

That's brilliant well done. There's nothing to worry about. The weight losses are very similar on SS and 790kcal. I lose the same weight on either. As people lose different amounts of weight at different times, it's possible that while you were on SS you had some water retention. I also found that maybe I retained more water eating chicken than I did when I had Quorn, but there's nothing scientific in that assumption. It's just what I thought at the time. Just keep going and enjoy the high weight losses.

Gosh you are so lucky ive only lost 6lb on ss. Anyway Debz,
Its getting me down doing ss and i didnt lose anything on 790 do you think now that im in full ketosis i could do aam and then back up to 790 and carry on losing any thoughts please?

Scientifically, yes if you did AAM and then 790kcal strictly with absolutely no deviations, yes you should continue to lose weight at a similar rate to SS, but you've got to be so strict. There's no room for any extras on 790kcal. If something happened and you did eat or drink something that you weren't supposed to, you've then got to give yourself about 3 days to get that totally out of your system. That's about what it takes me to rid myself of the odd extra. Be strict though, no slightly bigger portions, no eating late at night, keep the water going in and don't have anything that isn't on Pg 8 of the yellow book when you get to 790kcal.

its so strange isnt it the first time around 790 let me have the odd little deviations. perhaps it was because i had so much weight to lose then. Im almost scared to try it because it has been so hard getting into ss. I just keep thinking just stick with it another day. Life has never been so boring for me though.

Back