Daren't go to W.I.

dehli

Silver Member
I've been the same weight now for 6 weeks, give or take a pound. I haven't been sticking to the plan, only about 50% of the time, and I feel too embarrassed to go to group tonight. But if I don't go, I'll probably give up altogether and put back the stone I've lost. What would you do, should I try and do it on my own?

I would definitely go, the weigh ins when you are scared of a gain or maintain are always the hardest but they are the most important ones! Sometimes it can give you the motivation you need to get it moving, whereas if you don't go you might never start again (before i joined group I would keep 'letting myself off the hook' and thinking I would 'start next week'). Bite the bullet, the other good thing is that your C should notice you're struggling and give you some support. I would also say sticking to plan 50% is still healthier than not at all, so well done, but maybe gradually try and take it up to 60%, then 80% etc. Good luck :)

I would go back to group & face the consequences. Be realistic about it though, if you are going to group & not sticking to it then you certainly are not going to do it on your own are you? Go to group, see how you have done & ask your C if you can have a chat. Try to work out why you are not sticking to it, are you bored with being good? Are you varying your foods enough? Talk it through & take a food diary with you to fill in. You just need you mojo back, you have done a stone so you know you can do it, maybe make yourself a mini target to aim for too. What plan have you been following to lose the stone? If it was EE then maybe try some red & green. God back to basics & get the enthusiasm back, did you have a good first week weigh in? If you did then aim for that again.

This is when you need your group the most, when you are struggling. Hold your head up high, get weighed and get support, that's what group is for - if losing weight was easy we wouldn't need group at all. It's not just for when times are good, it's more important when the going is tough!

You need to work out whats stopping you sticking to plan 100% IMO.

For me WI is what gives me the motivation to try & stick to it my best, & I agree above that if your oly 50% whilst going to group then on your own you'll not be 100%.

Hope yu do go to group - sometimes facing it isn't as bad as we imagine, you never know you may get a loss & that will spur you on!

Good Luck

I agree with all the other comments.

Go to the weigh-in and stay to class, and if possible try to talk to your C about your concerns.

I've found to my cost in the past that ANY time at all I've skipped class because I think I've put on weight, or not lost any, it always backfired. Psychologically I would have a full extra week to get the weight off, so I would relax, stray off the plan even more, and when the next week came around, be even more afraid, so I'd skip that too.

I'd end up not going back, re-gaining the weight and feeling awful.

Just go :cool:

I agree, go to WI, and stay.
I have been guilty of going to WI and not staying when I put on, but that is the time you really do need to stay.
I have, also in the past thought that I could do it on my own and I failed every time.
Now, at target, I still go every week because it keeps me in check, and I find I really enjoy the whole group thing and the support people give each other.
I know if I stop, I would again slip into old habits.
Good luck!

I have to agree with all the other comments. Do you think that by going alone you would be even more committed than you are now?? Its to easy to go alone and then fall off the wagon.
As the others have said...go to class Hun, face the scales and then perhaps speak with your Consultant and start afresh.
Write things down and plan ahead.

xx

Thanks for all your comments. I've only being going to WI, and not staying for the image therapy, so I think I should face the music and the shame, and stay to class in future. Wish me luck!

Get your bum in gear and get down there. If you stop now you've wasted all that work and you'll stop losing.Thats the blunt facts . I know cos I've been there-self denial and excuses dont help you loose weight. Be careful or you end up like me and you don't want that. Hers a ahug to send you on your way. A weight gain/sts isn't the end if the world.So start again and go for it.xx

go...

what's worse? going and deciding that tonight is your fresh start or giving up and putting on what you've worked hard to lose?

I am, at the moment, trying to talk myself into going to a class, so I do know EXACTLY how you feel. Chin up honey.

xxx

Thanks girls! I need you to come round my house and give me a good telling off... :)

stay to class - it will help, otherwise what are you paying your money for really???

good luck - ive missed classes and then its all gone VERY wrong - ive not missed any classes (apart from holiday) in the last 6 months and im doing okay from it :D

x

Quick update - it wasn't as bad I feared. Nobody made me feel useless, quite a few others were in the same boat and I'd only put 1/2 pound on since last week. I feel much more motivated for now!

Quick update - it wasn't as bad I feared. Nobody made me feel useless, quite a few others were in the same boat and I'd only put 1/2 pound on since last week. I feel much more motivated for now!

We always make things worse in our heads I think - 1/2 pound is nothing, quick wee & it is gone! Glad you went & glad you stayed, the image therapy does work, the tips & things you pick up are fab.

Back