Date! Menu choices and places to eat!

Kater-tater

Gold Member
Hi,
im meant to be going out on a date on wednesday with the OH and need to have a meal out together.
Where is the best option?
Where are the healthyest places to go with the best choices?
I know weatherspoons is high other than chilli which i cant stand and nandoes i dont like....
Ive looked in the EO thread but cant find anything, me and OH need some nice time together to get back on track and i cant get out of it, please someone help me!

Not sure whereabouts in Hampshire you are, but I absolutely LOVE Las Iguanas. I have no idea what the syn value of their meals are, but the food is fab and the cocktails can't be beaten, IMHO. Even the non-alcoholic cocktails are gorgeous!

Chinese. Well if you can keep to boiled rice and then beef and mushrooms or chicken and mushrooms. 4.5 syns on EE

deleted

haha thanks!
I found somewhere....what do you think of these options....Chips would be replaced with jacket potato

BBQ Smothered Chicken
Chicken breast with bacon, BBQ sauce,
topped with melted cheese and served
with chips

half roast chicken
served on a sizzling skillet with chips,
onions and tomato,

Plain Burger
Choose between a juicy 6oz beef or grilled
chicken breast burger with mixed leaves

Blueberry Topped Sorbet
Refreshing mango sorbet topped
with an added zing of wild blueberries

Extra of:
diced onion rings,
corn on the cob and
button mushrooms

What do you think syn wise? EE day be best or red? Bad options?

Have had a think and think that:

half roast chicken
served on a sizzling skillet with chips,
onions and tomato,

Would be the best option if the chips are swapped for jacket potato.
Does anyone knows if places like wetherspoons and pub chain restaurants will swap other things freely?
Really i want to swap the onion and mushrooms for salad because they are fried, but do you think they would let me?

I think that Wetherspoons food is frozen and microwaved so if it's frozen as a meal rather than individual items they may not let you swap out.

If you are doing a pub chain place see if they have a nutrition guide online to check out and use the syn calc on. Some places have hidden syns even in things like chicken and jackets

sushi! or wagamama for a nice noodle/broth dish- they cook to order so ask for no oil

Thanks hun!

J D Wetherspoon BBQ Chicken Melt with Jacket Potato, Peas, Tomato & Flat Mushroom per serving

34½ Syns on Extra Easy

At this place you can have diffrent size meals, small, regular and king. I will have the small so pob a small chicken breast and small potato and have a side of salad, i guess about 25 syns maybe? I mean there is only so much cheese etc you can get on a small chicken breast surely???
and if i count an A of cheese and an A in oil? so 12 off that? 13 syns?
Do you think that would be enough to cover it?
So on weds i will have a syn/Hex free day other than that and try to go carefull the rest of the week at about 8 syns max.

Do you think that will be alright?

Im looking forward to it now, hopefully have a nice morning out somewhere and then nice lunch. The place is on the seafront so hope the weather is nice and will have to acoid the pink and white icecream :drool:

Is it a sizzling pubs chain your going to? Sounds similar! They are normally good for substituting things if you ask nicely! xx

I believe so, ive never been to one before!

Back