Day 1 - 1st try!!!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this and starting CD next tuesday. Met my consultant last week and going to pick up my bits on monday! It's my birthday this week so wanted to enjoy that before getting into it!

This website was recommended to me so thought i would have a read and must say the posts are so encouraging. Also great tips about the shakes and soups, going to be avoiding the porridge i think!

I am going to be having the 3 replacement packs a day and then an evening meal of chicken/veg. Really worried as this is all new to me. Been doing slimming world for a while on extra easy and have given up as not seen any results. Hoping CD is going to give me the boost that this is all worthwhile!

Your posts and messages will keep me going i'm sure! Can't wait to keep reading about everybodys progress!

Amy :) x

I hate CD porridge, tastes like it's been made with SMA baby milk...!:eek:

I'm om day 8 today. I like most of the powder shakes but un fortunately as I live in Australia and the Cambridge is fairly new here and we don't get the choice of tetras yet!!! It's a gutter as when I did it back in the Uk three years ago I lived on the chocolate ones only.
on the plus side had my first weigh in today and I lost 9lb so can't be that bad.
how are you all getting on with your first week so far??? Xxxx

Drunk Tinkerbell said:
It's nice that we have the same start and target weights! Lets keep in touch x

Yes I defo will!! Thank u I'm abit nervous about it but we will c :) x

amylouise12 said:
Hi everyone! I'm new to this and starting CD next tuesday. Met my consultant last week and going to pick up my bits on monday! It's my birthday this week so wanted to enjoy that before getting into it!

This website was recommended to me so thought i would have a read and must say the posts are so encouraging. Also great tips about the shakes and soups, going to be avoiding the porridge i think!

I am going to be having the 3 replacement packs a day and then an evening meal of chicken/veg. Really worried as this is all new to me. Been doing slimming world for a while on extra easy and have given up as not seen any results. Hoping CD is going to give me the boost that this is all worthwhile!

Your posts and messages will keep me going i'm sure! Can't wait to keep reading about everybodys progress!

Amy :) x

Welcome amy :) enjoy your birthday and let us know how your first day goes x x

Mazd323 said:
Its my first day. I've had an original porridge
Hey my first day too and had the choc shake- enjoyed it actually. Sitting at the hairdressers with my litre bottle. That's the hard part for me having to drink the water. Good luck x

Just had my first WI. I thought I hadn't really lost much and wasn't to optimistic. But I have lost 10 pounds. Its given me so much motivation. got a smile on my face now

Good luck to everyone else :)

Well done Ellis!

For anyone struggling with water intake, it does get easier. I NEVER drink water, I'm a tea, diet coke or wine girl! But I'm on day 5 and feel really thirsty and am already two ltrs down so it does get easier! It helps with ketosis breath too!

Well done!!!! I'm just going but not expecting anything more than 2 or 3lb as only started fri :) xx that's fab xx

Just got back from my weighing on day 5 and I've lost 9lb I was totally amazed!! Can't believe it! :) thank you all for your support!! :) 28lbs to go x x

9lbs in 4 days?! That's bloomin ace!!!!
So I can't remember your start weight, have you dropped below 11st now?
You must have been well chuffed!!! I can't remember if you're doing ss or ss+?

I had a ss+ dinner today but was a bit naughty and rather than have plain chicken, I had plain steak as had one in fridge that needed eating. It did only have 170 cals and no carbs so thought it would be ok? I know the ss+ meals are quite strict in the book but I don't really understand why? As long as you're not having carbs and staying within 200 cals it won't affect diet will it?

Any views?! X

Thanks Hun!!! I'm doing sole source because I can't control myself to eat what's in the list and not what I want!! I'm 11st 9 now :) x

Think steak is one of the worse things you can have as it apparently brings u out of ketosis straight away ;( but don't let this dishearten you have u got any ketosis sticks to check in the morning?? When's your weigh in chick!??
Xxxxxx

Drunk Tinkerbell said:
It's nice that we have the same start and target weights! Lets keep in touch x

Hi tinks,

I've just started a diary! Well I think it's a diary I did new thread and titled in Jessie j diary!! Subscribe to it!! You should add one for me to follow to because we're similar!! I'm part of a lot of groups and keep struggling to find you :)
Let me know :) x x have you thought about sole source if your already in ketosis it won't be a drastic step and u will get to goal weight faster and it will stop u cheating and help with the cravings :) x spk soon x jessiej x

Hiya!

Lying in bed watching apprentice!

That's where I'm confused... Steak shouldn't bring you out of ketosis as it's meat, no carbs. Atkinsers live on steak and they're in ketosis. This is why I don't understand why you're not allowed it. I can only assume it's due to calories?

Hmmm... I'm out tomorrow night and thursday night with work which is why I thought I'd do ss+ this week. I think from Friday I might drop to ss to give myself a boost next week :)

I love reading the diaries but don't think I have time to keep it up to date!! I'll just respond to yours ;-)

Ok Hun sounds good!!

Think it's the fat content in steak! It's really high so that's why :) x

Try to be sensible over the next few days stick with chicken :) and gd idea for weekend to change to ss!

I'm looking forward to your weigh in!
Have you done 50posts yet to unlock messages and profile??

Jessie x

Just remembered its also due to how long your body takes to process steak!!! Its ages it just stays in your body and is hard to shift!!! Chicken and fish r much faster that's why your allowed them :) x Atkins from what I know is horrible and ppl have actually gt really Ill on it! You don't get your vitamins like in the shakes! I gt that soup you said about today so will try that soon :) x

Back