Day 1 - Am I On The Right Track!

Lisa D

Hi everyone,

Today was my first day on Atkins and I have adhered to the plan although I have felt like I have eaten too much. Below is my menu today, please tell me if i'm on the right track:

Breakfast
3 egg omlette with ham and 20g cheddar

Lunch
Prawns and salad (lettuce, cucumber, peppers & spring onion) & mayo

Dinner
Roast beef with brocoli, green beans and cauliflower (pureed with cream) & a tad of gravy

No added sugar jelly with cream

Snacks
* 1 celery stick with primula cheese (in a tube - hope this is ok)
* A few prawns
* A slice of cheddar

Is this ok? I dont know how on earth I am going to lose weight eating all this stuff, maybe im eating too much. I have weighed my veggies but my scales are tesco value ones and are rubbish!!

Any comments please :wave_cry:

Hi Lisa,

At first glance this looks ok, but log onto www.fatsecret.com and set up an account. You can say you are doing atkins and when you input what foos you have eaten it puts in the carbs for you and also measures you against your daily calorie intake.
Even though a lot of foods are american, you can edit your own.

I use it every day and as i like to see im under the 20g carbs but also that i dont go over my calorie intake.

Somebody done a post a few days ago about calories and carbs on a study that was done. Basically reducing your carb intake and reducing calories to 1500 = great weight loss.

I try to keep to 1800 per day which is easy on this diet, but watch the pork scratchings as the packets i have, have almost 650 calories per bag!

Thanks for that I will definately have a look!

This will be my menu for today, if anyone can check for me, thanks:

Breakfast
3 egg omlette with cheddar

Lunch
Tuna mayo salad

Dinner
Chicken & veg stir fry

Snacks
Maybe peperami (is this ok on induction?) or ham & soft cheese rolls

I think i'm doing it right, just worried about the amount of salad and veg i'm eating! Will have to go and buy some new kitchen scales I think :)

Looks OK to me Lisa, the only thing I'd watch is the cheese, some people can stall if they have too much cheese, myself included.

pepperami is fine. Im having one as a snack today :D

Back