Day 1 and I need help already!

Coffeecake

Hello everyone, can you help me? I don't want to tell anyone at work that I'm doing the cambridge plan (too much controversy surrounding the diet and can't deal with any lectures at the moment) so how do I conceal this from them. Gosh I sound so sneaky :8855:

I have a meeting tomorrow and my colleague and I usually have lunch together but as I'm going to be having a shake what do I do? Help!

You need all the support that you can get on this plan, so if people are supportive towards your weight loss then I would tell them..

People noticed mine more when I was using the shaker in work to make my sachets up.. but this time I have opted for Tetras, which are much smaller, and are premixed so I can just sit at my desk and drink them without anyone noticing ..

Hope that your colleagues can be supportive of you - if not we are always here for motivation !

Have a great day

T
x

Its up to you what you tell them - personally I have only told my Mum and Husband as i just cant be doing with negative comments.
I just say I'm not hungry, saving myself for later or something like that. The tetras are good for work but I dont like them - I have a bar at lunch so that helps but you wont be having those yet will you?
You may have to just be honest and if they're unsupportive then just ignore it.
Good luck on CD.

I've just not mentioned it at all, if they see and ask I will tell them, and also tell them it's my choice and that they can ask questions but to refrain from negative comments please .... and as foor lunch meetings I've just said I'm not hungry and that I'm happy with a coffee and a water and for them to go ahead.
I've had 2 times where other people have eaten and I haven't and they didn't even ask why, just accepted that I wasn't eating anything.

Lots of people have different eating habits, and there is always ramadan, and fasting for a medical procedure, or having been to dentist so sore teeth, so hopefully you'll be fine

HTH, and good luck on your journey x

I havent told anyone at work. Noone's asked yet so that's good. What I do is fill my shaker with water from the cooling machine then, go to a room where noone is and give it a manic shake or use the little mixer thing then I pour it into a mug and Voila... ha ha. I had a tetra today for the first time at work and I poured that into a mug too. I dont want the negative comments either so I prefer no one knowing at the moment. xx

well I havent told anyone about me being on CD. It was kind of awkward a couple of times. When you are lunching with your friend could take a little bit of chicken breast with you chopped up in a lunch box with a bit of lettuce etc ...that will be SS+ for the day. I think the best thing is just make a tea or coffee and say nothing unless asked ... then you could just simply say that you are not hungry today.

the thing that I don't understand with these posts are..

If you were going to WW or Slimming World or anything like that, you wouldn't hide it would you ? so why hide CWP ?

It is a PROVEN weightloss program and is more supervised than anything else that is available... I love it and love the support that I get from it...

Just my opinion mind !!!

Madferret people don't tell others becasue of the negative comments they receive. So many people are too quick to slate this diet and that can put people off I suppose. Me -I don't care who knows and who says what :)

If you don't want anyone to know, why not make a soup in a cup and pretend it is a cup-a-soup, or put a chocolate tetra in a coffee and just say it's a normal coffee, or have a quick tetra in the toilet (nice!!) before you meet your friend, or take a bar out of a packet and pretent it is something else - loads of things you can do. OR why don't you stick your two fingers up to them and tell them to bog off!!!! :)

Madferret people don't tell others becasue of the negative comments they receive. So many people are too quick to slate this diet and that can put people off I suppose. Me -I don't care who knows and who says what :)

If you don't want anyone to know, why not make a soup in a cup and pretend it is a cup-a-soup, or put a chocolate tetra in a coffee and just say it's a normal coffee, or have a quick tetra in the toilet (nice!!) before you meet your friend, or take a bar out of a packet and pretent it is something else - loads of things you can do. OR why don't you stick your two fingers up to them and tell them to bog off!!!! :)

Here here - you wouldn't breastfeed a baby in the toilet so why should you eat your lunch in the same place.... not good

only you can loose weight no other person in the world can do it for you therfore i agree with forget what other people think this is a journey you take alone and those who care and want thebest for you will understand you do it loud and proud and will also help the diet seem an exciting new challege this is my second attempt and i am now on day 28 ( 4 weeks ) i feel great i love the control i have over my body when tried first time round people made me feel negative and i only lasted 6 days!! what a differece a state of mind can make , you will do great ...good luck.

Welcome CoffeeCake & Good luck x

I have told a few ppl that I am going to be doing CD and have had a few negative comments. But, At the end of the day I am doing what I feel is right for me so if they don`t like it they can shove it ;)

Whereabouts are you from? I also live in Surrey and will hopefully be starting on Thursday - Have Drs appt and CDC appt tomorrow :)

Xx

Hello all.... I totally agree with Mia.. well said :)

Hi Coffeecake.. It's a difficult one isn't it, I think you should do what you feel comfortable with. I've told only 2 girls in my place of work but if the rest ask then I will tell them, but I already know their opinion anyway. As Mia said, I don't care what they think, I'm doing this for me and it's a good feeling. :D

Good luck ok!

Madferret... How much weightloss have you had from CD? Has it been good?

Keep going everyone.. we're doing good girlies!

I have said I'm on a diet, but just said that it is low-carb, but got some questions today when I sat down with my soup on a lovely sunny day! I think they will work it out eventually, but it really is none of their business, and once I've lost the weight and am maintaining/eating normally, they will forget all about the dieting period anyway.

i lost 7.5lbs this week and will be shouting from the roofs tops ...love CD

I guess it depends what your job is really ........ I told the colleagues I work closely with and my immediate boss as I work with children and on my previous CD journey I had a few dizzy spells - I didn't want to worry anyone, especially not the children, if I was having a faint moment. I think it is very important that at least one person knows what the situation is just incase you do have a funny turn or feel ropey.

A slightly different scenario, but my boss had a TIA (mini stroke) in work 4 weeks ago - thankfully she had told one of our colleagues that she had previously suffered from one, so when her speech started to slur, she became confused, and complained of tingly limbs our colleague was able to decipher what was happening and she was able to give accurate information to the paramedics - this early information meant that my boss received some vital early treatment.

Not comparing CD with a stroke in any way obviously, but I think it highlights how important it is that at least one person in your workplace is aware of the plan xx

yes i agree i also agree nothing to be ashamed of its a healthy change

Back