Extra Easy Day 1 for me tomorrow - few questions!

Rach_25

Hi Everyone,

I have decided to go ahead with doing Slimming World Online as I don't really fancy going to classes every week. First Day will be tomorrow and I am looking forward to it. I just have a question though, Can you have Tesco Beef Steak Burgers in a pack from the meat aisle, or do you have to make them yourself using mince? Sorry trying to get my head around how everything works.

So I have Unlimited amounts of free food, but 1/3rd must be Superfoods and then I have HE - 1 A Option and 1 B Option and 5-15 Syns is this right?

Also do you have to use Syns?

Thanks and looking forward to starting my journey with you all

If they're the finest ones they're 6 syns each so probably better off making your own.
Loads of recipes out there but this is how I do mine:
5% fat lean mince
Tomato puree
1 egg to bind
Salt
Pepper
Herbs
Grated onion
Garlic

Mix together, shape, grill or fry in frylight...job done!

Tomato sauce also needs to be syned but a bit of pasata and tomato puree and you have a free sauce.
Bun and cheese can either be you daily healthy extras or syned.

It's better to use your syns that way you won't feel like you're denying yourself. And strangely enough it helps with the weight loss. Sw is about healthy eating and everything in moderation.
Welcome, good luck and get yourself to the food diary section to see what everyone else is having. Will also help doing your own too x

I would start off using all your syns. the last time I did SW years ago, I found that my weight loss really slowed down after a while and dropping syns down to 10 or 5 gave it the boost it needed to start dropping off again. if you start by thinking you'll lose more by eating less syns, you'll have nowhere to drop to later on in your weightless journey.

Great thank you both. So am I right in thinking that if I had something as a Healty Extra..I could have more as long as I add it to my syns?

Absolutely. I'd also get the 2015 books from online shop. I have the free branded food and low syn books. Really helps x

Dont forget that 1/3rd speed food on your plate! When i first joined I was having big ol' plates of pasta and chicken and a measley bit of broccoli, and then wondering why I didn't lose :rolleyes:

And yes definitely use your syns, they will help the losses (weirdly) and will help you not feel deprived and want to give up after a few weeks!

Good luck and welcome! :party0011:

And eat till you're satisfied - not stuffed

And check, check, check EVERYTHING - takes a while at first but will soon be stamped on your brain

Back