day 1 my first shake and...

littlemissspendthrift

impossible is nothing
well, i went to see my CDC first thing this morning and she is lovely. Got myself LOADS of shakes and flavours, and i have just had my first shake which was banana flavour

YUMMY!! seriously nice! looking forward to trying the other flavours throughout the week but if they are as nice as the banana then im happy! the shake tasted far better than some of the rubbish diet food in some shops!

im now a very happy Cambridge Dieter!!! woo! :D

yeah i have brought a few of those as they are ideal for work (and secretly i was dying to try the ice cream idea later in the week)
i have brought some soups, as i do like a bit of savoury, but only a few. gonna see how i go with those.

Last edited:
I am on day one too and had my first shake about an hour ago, it was strawberry and although it wasn't the best in the world it was still pretty good!!!

My CDC made up a starter pack for me with lots of flavours, trying to get the ones I don't think I will like out of the way so I can have nice ones to tuck into later in the week when my determination may wane!

Saving Banana till almost last, banana and Vanilla sound delicious!!!

yeah thats what im doing.. i was unsure of banana as having tried slim fast previously, their banana was horrid.. but i can see that the cambridge one will become my firm fave. after about 3 weeks i reckon i will have tried most if not all flavours, and ill know which ones i like lots, which ones are ok once in a while and which ones to avoid!! definately loving the choice and variety :p

just had the chocolate tetra brick....nice :D

Lucky you!!! I had half a brocolli and cheese for dinner, having had half a toffee and walnut just after I got in from work. I love Brocolli and cheese in life, it was the first thing I learnt to cook and when my grandma comes over from Jamaica it's the first thing she gets me to cook. The soup was a terrible disappointment, something inbetween cardboard and... well i can't even describe it!!

Hope day 1 went well for you - WHOO HOO we are on day 2!!!!

glad you are finding cd "so far so good",welcome to minis too,
all the best to you,
elaine x

Lucky you!!! I had half a brocolli and cheese for dinner, having had half a toffee and walnut just after I got in from work. I love Brocolli and cheese in life, it was the first thing I learnt to cook and when my grandma comes over from Jamaica it's the first thing she gets me to cook. The soup was a terrible disappointment, something inbetween cardboard and... well i can't even describe it!!

i think i have the spicy tomato and the chicken and mushroom soup. i didnt get many soups as its good weather so i never feel like them. plus on all the diets before this i seemed to have no end of soup and got a bit fed up with it!
think i may have a few more soups to try next week, but so far am loving the shakes. ive had banana, chocolate, choc mint and vanilla and they are all really nice!! banana is still coming in as my fave tho !!

currently drinking a cappucino shake... I'm sure it would be lovely if i liked coffee, I was assured by my CDC that it wouldn't taste anything like coffee..... ummm. Got Potato and leek for lunch will let you know how it goes.

it felt quite funny when i was picking out my shakes... felt a bit like a kid in a sweet shop altho no sweets!!! lol

Hi, Im starting on wednesday next week.. seeing CDC tuesday evening and looking forward to picking out my flavours!!

I'm more of a savoury person though, so think I'll mainly be having soups, with tetra bricks for work :-D

yeah ive done the tetra bricks for work.. and because i want to freeze one of them and have it as ice cream.. hehe

think im gonna try a soup today!

I could not stand the cheese and broccoli!!!! Urgh urgh urgh!!!! Lol

Good luck girlies, ull have lost the weight in no time!!!!

xxxxx

Roll on ketosis (hopefully tomorrow, Day 3?)
Had the strawberry shake today - quite nice and another chocolate tetra (yum). Planning to try the chocolate shake mixed with peppermint tea later.

Mild headache, and a lot hungrier today. Hoping it passes by tomorrow though. Have worn a path in the carpet upstairs to the bathroom - just finished 4th litre water.

im the same, have been to the loo lots. had a few headachy moments but found these went as soon as i drank more water.

i am missing food... im not hungry but im missing it. im going to give SS the benefit of the doubt, but if i find it too much of a struggle ill do SS+
but i would prefer to stay on SS and have a break from food.
nearly finished with Day 2 and no cheating... roll on tomorrow.

oooo I like them all except the potato & leek soup and the chocolate orange shake! yak!

xx

:D Good luck on your Cd journey, i like the banana shakes best, most of the soups and belive it not, im not a fan of any of the chocolate ones, must be a girl thing :D

Hope your first week goes well! My fav is the choc tetra, I have 18 of those a week!

Back