Day 1 on SF

hunca

Silver Member
Been on many diets in my lifetime but with a 2 week holiday in the sun fast approaching I really need to kick myself into touch & SF seems like a good choice. Just off niteshift & popped into Asda to buy some shakes & WW meals to get me started. I would normally go to bed as soon as kids are off to school but I need to stay up this am for new washing machine to be delivered. Anyone else work shifts? If so how do you structure your SF day? Seems pointless having a shake before I go to bed at 9am although I am a little bit hungry then as I only have 2 cups of coffee on the niteshift ( stopped taking money for the vending machine!!!)
Since I only do 2 shifts a week my days will be different. Will this affect weight loss?
Sorry for all the questions.

Hi hunca,
I don't work nights but have done in the past so know how disruptive they can be.

My approach would be to decide in advance what you intend to eat during the 24 hours ie midnight to midnight. Then eat when you become hungry. If you are hungry after your shift then thats when I would eat. Your body is telling you it needs food.

What is your current eating pattern during your shifts? Can you just switch a meal for a shake? Providing you get 2 shakes, 1 meal and upto 3 snacks in your 24hour period I can't see why it would affect your loss.

I used to have my main meal at tea time before my shift after I had slept during day. Then have my "lunch" during my shift and breakfast before bed because it was a light meal. Then any snacks with my tea breaks. I would say as long as you are getting the right calorie intake you will be fine.

Hope that helps
BL x

Back