Day 1 on the road to a new me....

bigfatjelly

Right, day one. Im really nervous about this diet, its something ive never tried before or ever thought I would try. This is my last resort, no other diet is working for me right now and Im desperate to get rid of this weight once and for all. Im doing sole source plus, so far I've had my porridge and a cup of black tea and I didnt find it too bad. Tommorow morning I think I'll add a bit more water to the porridge tho as it was a bit too thick lol!

I have just under 4 stone to lose. I started slimming world for the millionth time 3 weeks ago and nearly cried when I saw the scales...... 15st3lb!! I have never been that big and i was disgusted with myself for allowing my weight to get that out of control!! I am now starting CDP weighing 14st4lb, 10.5lb gone but 4stone left to lose!!! I am determined to do it this time, I have a friends wedding in July and I really want to look good going as a few old school friends will be there.

Jelly xxx

Good luck!!

I mixed the porridge with mostly water but add a bit of soya milk which is high protein, it's much better. With milk only it's very thick :0)

Congrats on starting CD!!! It is the only diet among many which I've managed to stick to and I think there are 2 huge reasons for success. 1) the rapid weight loss...it is such a boost when you see the scales go down! 2) this forum - there are some great stories and wonderful people here who provide much needed support!

Your first 3-4 days will be the toughest. Stick with it, drink loads of water (or tea) and do things to distract yourself. After these days, you'll go into ketosis and then things become much easier! I also add more water to the porridge - it seems to suck it right up and get really thick! I also add in a dash of cinnamon, which makes it taste much better.

Good luck!

Thank you :) really looking forward to seeing the results!! This sight is fantastic and eveyone seems very supportive!

Well its day 2, Ive got this far so there is no way I'm giving up now. Im shaky, feeling sick and I also feel a little disoriented but I know it'll pass so I'm sticking it out!! The only thing I am dreading is work later on, I work in a chippy so being there while I'm going through this is going to be a nightmare. I'll just have to explain to the girls I work with and hopefully they'll help me :) .
Ive got the maple and pecan porridge and it's not very nice :( but it went down a treat this morning and I feel quite full now.

Jelly xx

Well done on getting started, like the others said, the first 3 or 4 days are the worst, as soon as ketosis kick in you won't even think about cheating. And big respect for taking this on given where you work....... i drive past one most days and still dream of the day i am at target and can go in... lol

RB xx

Well as expected last night was torture, but I resisted :D very proud of myself as I usually scoff whatever I fancy!!

Day 3 today and so far I feel awful :( but I'm not giving in

Jelly xx

Good for you! Just a little while longer and you will be past the worst of it! Meanwhile, you should be proud you've stuck it this far - go you! :)

Day 4 today, woke up feeling very positive!! Thankfully the nausea has passed, yesterday was awful and I felt really rough. I've stopped feeling hungry so I'm hoping this is a good sign and that I may be in ketosis!! Had maple and pecan porridge for breakfast, had to add some cinnamon to it to take away the taste as it was starting to turn on me....its way to sweet and sickly. Im working again today but I've discovered I've got willpower I never realised I had!!! I'll be taking some soup with me for dinner today as I find it fills me up and gives me something savoury to take my mind off chips lol. Thank you tizzy51, everyone on here is a huge inspiration!!! I'll be posting on here as often as i can :)
Jelly xx

Welcome - and well done for getting started so positively. Am I right that you already lost the 1st stone on slimming world? Well done!

Personally I dont like the porridge - i am on a cappuccino shake for breakfast and soups every day, but I dont care about the variation very much so it suits me. I found this really easy to start with, but kept having time out and then had 3 weeks off for my wedding and now struggling to restart - in fact its now 2 months later but I am kicking myself to get on with it. The point being, once you get into it and you are tempted to take time out, just think to yourself 'will the pain of restarting be worth it?'

Good luck though - keep with it and keep updating your diary, it really does help. :)

Well done so far, you'll see it will get easier as soon as you hit ketosis. I myself have the apple and cinnamon porrdige and that's quite nice. I don't vary that much as I love strawberry so I have 2 strawberry shakes as well. I might have 1 soup just to give it a try but the chicken soup they have on LT is vile so am a bit worried I won't like it. Keep up the good work! :)

Just had my dinner, leek and potato soup, and it was lovely!! Feeling really full as I wasnt hungry and I had to force the soup down lol!! Im on a split shift today so Im back in work again tonight but I suprised myself this dinnertime by not even craving a chip!! Normally I'd have just had whatever I'd fancied and bugger the diet, but I dont even want to eat anything because I know the picking in work is one of the main reasons ive got so big!!
:wavey: egbert, Id lost 10.5lb in two week with slimming world before I started CWP so when I get close to my goal weight I'll carry on with slimming world again and use the slimming world way of eating to maintain.
My main goal is to be at least a dress size smaller by july 14th, a friend is getting married and alot of old school friends will be there. I dont want to be uncomfortable and unhappy being this size, I want to enjoy myself not worry about whose whispering about how much weight Ive put on....Id rather them gossip about how much Ive lost :)

Jelly xx

My plan is the same - once I get to target I am going to SW to learn how to make healthy eating choices

Slimming world is fantastic and it does work but not quickly enough for me. I have joined and rejoined weight watchers and slimming world so many times I know the Leaders well and they greet me like a long lost friend lol!!
Day 5: Feeling really good again today, I'm a little tired from a rubbish nights sleep (teething baby) but I have so much energy and I feel great. I've noticed that my skin is clearing up and looks alot healthier and I dont feel run down and bloated all the time like I used to!! It just goe to show what effect all that rubbish food has on your body!! Tonight is going to be a real struggle, it's our "takeaway and chill with a few drinks" night. We've agreed that we will watch a film (I might have a glass of coke zero as a treat!!!) and then have a nice early night :D. Tommorows going to be hard as well as I have to cook a dinner for the family, I love sunday dinners!! I might just have some roast chicken with brocoli and Cauliflower, wont be the same but at least I can have the same as everyone else.

Jelly xx

I 've jut come back from taking the kids for food, they wanted chippy food so off we went. Normally I would have tucked in as well but I resisted and I walked while the kids ate their food :) when we came back I had a oriental chilli soup (not the nicest) and I am feeling really full!!

Jelly xxx

Well done. The oriental soup may be a bit strong on flavour, but I find that it is the best for suppressing appetite - because I can't taste anything else for hours - lol.

Lol you're right about the strong taste, it definatly isn't my fave so far but its not the worst.

Well I was so worried about last night, but I managed to sit with hubby while he ate a delicious looking chicken madras and I didnt give in. I was going to have a treat last night so I'd bought some coke zero to have a small glass while watching BGT, I took one sip and threw it down the sink....disgusting!!!!! Will my taste buds have changed that quickly? It really did taste vile, like sweetened dishwater!!!

Day 6: I've tried to keep myself busy today as it's Sunday, I havent cooked a dinner like I usually do as I couldnt face it. I have really struggled with my cravings today, I just want something with a bit of taste to it....everything on this diet is so bland. Anyway, Im going to keep myself motivated by planning my new wardrobe when Im skinny :) .
I'll try and pop some photos up later so I can do the before and after :)
Jelly xxx

Hi Jelly, sounds like things are evening out for you. It is difficult to make a change - keep your goal in mind and you WILL get there...I will too...

Thank you Pollycrackers :D The thing is I know I can do this! I lost 3 stone with weight watchers in 2003 to get married, having a goal definately helps.
Weigh in day tommorow, I am so excited to see how much Ive lost. I feel like Ive lost a good bit, my shape has changed and my clothes are looser.
Here are a few of my fat pic, sorry there isnt a full length one but usually people are lucky just to get a photo of me as I hate having my pic taken lol Jelly xxx
232323232fp63587_nu=3685_7_8_9_5_27767_8_;6242ot1lsi.jpg
This was me on my 30th birthday night out, 28th april.
232323232fp635_;_nu=3685_7_8_9;;_27767_8___242ot1lsi.jpg

Last edited:
Hey :) you sound like your doing really well :) I love your pics, you maybe overweight but you look so healthy and glowing, you've got such nice skin!
We all feel like you, how did we get ourselves to here? Cd is a hard diet but the results can be amazing.
Good luck hun xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back