Day 1 on the road to a new me....

Looking good! What you'll find now that you're in ketosis is that while you may not be physically hungry (or not as much), you get "hungry". Check what you're doing when you feel hungry - are you watching TV, doing something you don't enjoy, working, etc - and are these situations which, in the past, you would have been eating (ie snacking on crisps, or having a mid-morning cup of tea and cake, etc). I was astonished at the number of times during the day I thought I was hungry when really it was habit! Also, I found drinking more water helpful - sometimes I wasn't actually hungry, but thirsty.

Some people manage on this diet to not have that many cravings or urges or temptations. That hasn't been me. What I've been learning to do is exert control over them (most of the time) - a lesson that has been long in the coming and is going to have to be practised the rest of my life. Good news is that over time I've had less and less of the cravings, etc. :)

Good luck on your weigh-in today!!!

Day 7: The weigh in day, I've looked forward to this all week. I've lost 5lb. Not to impressed with that. I've struggled and tortured myself all week for 5lb, its quite disapointing. I'm not giving up, I'm keeping going but I was really hoping for a bigger loss! On the plus side, I am now in the 13s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thrilled to bits to be back in the 13 stone bracket!!!

What a day, Ive tested my willpower to its very limits today! Met my dad and stepmum and went for a walk around the shops and then to M&S cafe for food, well they ate and I sat there with my black tea and a strawberry milkshake. The smell was delicious and there was cake and scones everywhere! I could have quite happily tackled an old biddy to the ground for her coffee and walnut cake, but I drank my tea sipped my milkshake and watched everyone else eating.

I've swopped all my yucky porridge and soups for milkshakes and Im going to have shakes for breakfast and soup for dinner from now on, much easier than forcing down that porridge :yuk:. I cant wait to have my choc mint shake later....yum!!!

Thank you Zestforlife :ashamed0005: I swear by lush's dream cream :)
Tizzy51-Im pretty sure I am in ketosis because Ive stopped feeling hungry lol but all the advert on telly showing takeaway food and drinks are killing me lol!!! My hubby fave programme is man vs food, I have to leave the room when its on as it makes me so so hungry lol!! Thank you for your advice hun, I'll be a bit moe aware of what kicks off my cravings now :)
Jelly xxx

Funny - I went through a period of watching cooking programs on tv - loved them!

5 pounds in 1 week is fab hun - really good going. Better than I have managed in the last 2 months :(

Well done - keep it up and it gets easier

bigfatjelly said:
Day 7: The weigh in day, I've looked forward to this all week. I've lost 5lb. Not to impressed with that. I've struggled and tortured myself all week for 5lb, its quite disapointing. I'm not giving up, I'm keeping going but I was really hoping for a bigger loss! On the plus side, I am now in the 13s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thrilled to bits to be back in the 13 stone bracket!!!

What a day, Ive tested my willpower to its very limits today! Met my dad and stepmum and went for a walk around the shops and then to M&S cafe for food, well they ate and I sat there with my black tea and a strawberry milkshake. The smell was delicious and there was cake and scones everywhere! I could have quite happily tackled an old biddy to the ground for her coffee and walnut cake, but I drank my tea sipped my milkshake and watched everyone else eating.

I've swopped all my yucky porridge and soups for milkshakes and Im going to have shakes for breakfast and soup for dinner from now on, much easier than forcing down that porridge :yuk:. I cant wait to have my choc mint shake later....yum!!!

Thank you Zestforlife :ashamed0005: I swear by lush's dream cream :)
Tizzy51-Im pretty sure I am in ketosis because Ive stopped feeling hungry lol but all the advert on telly showing takeaway food and drinks are killing me lol!!! My hubby fave programme is man vs food, I have to leave the room when its on as it makes me so so hungry lol!! Thank you for your advice hun, I'll be a bit moe aware of what kicks off my cravings now :)
Jelly xxx

5lb is great!!!

Day 8: the worst day yet....Bloated, constipated, feel sick and I just want to cave. I've had enough. There is only one thing I can't cope with and thats constipation. It really brings me down. Its also my daughters birthday today, we are going out for a meal later...well my family is going out for a meal and I am going to sit and watch. I don't know what to do, do I give in, have a meal and enjoy myself or do I sit there miserable and not enjoying at all....HELP!!! XX

You can do it - if you cave in and eat then tomorrow you will feel rubbish. Is the food at a (presuming kids?) birthday so absolutely amazing its worth giving in now? If you really really must join in, think before you go about the menu and pick something safe - Chicken Caesar salad without the dressing, usually pretty safe. You will feel better about it tomorrow.

Dont worry about bloating, it will go. POssibly TOTM? Dont cave - when I am feeling fed up I have a boiled egg or piece of chicken so I can chew but stay in ketosis. Not great advice, I am probably not the best one for support as I do cheat :( but being realistic, we are human too.

If you are constipated there will be a thread on the main page telling you what you should do, but your CDC should also have fibre you can add to your meals. Chin up! You can do it

Sounds like you had a tough night! There are no easy diets and this one can be pretty hard, but think of the results! You've already lost 5lbs and you've got nowhere to go but down from here!

How'd it go last night? Whatever happened, get right back on track, drink your water and, if you continue to feel bloated, check in with your CDC for fibre.

Hang in there! You can't fail if you don't give up! :)

Back