Day 1 :(

rainbow_brite

I started SW last night... Today being my first day.. Had oats so simple for breakfast then when checked the syns found I'd spent 6 already... Syn free lunch then went to a party this afternoon/evening - stuck to orange juice rather than alcohol.. Ate pasta, meat and salad but also other stuff which in my calculations totals my day ( including drinks and breakfast this morning ) at 60 syns!!!!!!!!! My consultant did say to count syns weekly..so I'm hoping I can sort it out over the next few days. Shopping tomorrow to find as much syn free stuff as possible as realised this morning I've hardly got anything :(

7 syns per day left for the rest of the week. I want to do this so much.. :(

I think Oats so simple are a HEB if you add ryvita or scan bran check out the healthy extra sub-forum.

Personally I would say today was a 'practice' day and restart tomorrow. Re read your book and plan your entire week, will take a couple of hours but will help loads!

Honestly don't panic! It's ok and you still have six days to make a great loss x

rainbow_brite~ we've all been there hun- thinking some things are syn free when they aren't

if you can cope with 7 syns a day (it should be ok because its in the 5-15 range) you do it- plan ahead- look at recipes online to get ideas :)

It takes a while to get used to it (it took me 3 weeks until i calmed down and stopped stressing about my eating) but when you do- it's great. remember- if you stress out too much you won't stick at it (i wouldnt have done anyways)

eat lotsa fruit and veggies. make jacket spuds- you cant go wrong with them :)

i have cooked breakfasts in the morning- even if its just bacon and eggs- cereals dont really do it for me.

good luck on your journey- enjoy your food :) and don't be so hard on yourself :)

*hugs*

Hi Rainbow Brite - I agree with others. Clean slate for today. To be honest, starting on a day where you're eating out was going to be a struggle anyway. At least you've realised the mistakes you made, so think of it as a learning curve. Work out a few days meals, and remember to check syns in things before you eat them, not after (it's too late then!!) x

Please don't worry, clean slate and start again today - read the books from cover to cover so that you are fully prepared and you will be fine come WI I'm sure.

And we ALL make mistakes with syns. I've been doing this since January and just a few weeks ago I managed to completely muck up, had a big tub of fat free frozen yoghurt thinking it would be very low syn and actually worked out later that it was about 32 syns in one go! I was gutted but we all make mistakes, I just drew a line and started again.

Think of it as experience. Before SW you would have done this anyway, and added booze, and probably had the equivalent of 100 syns plus! And then probably a fry up the next day to get over the hangover! it could have been worse and the fact you are feeling a little guilty over it obviously shows a determination to lose weight. I would put it down to experience and move on! It would have been worse pre SW! x

ah don't worry about it, I found SW hard to understand at first, probably cos you have so much choice! But like the others have said, you will still lose, even doing it for 6 days instead of 7. Good luck with the rest of the week, 1 day isn't going to make that much difference!

I had stuff in the fridge to use up my first week and didn't really know what I was doing either!!! So my first WI I'd put on 2 lbs!!!

Anyway, I read the books, went shopping and started to understand the plan and on my 2nd WI I'd lost 8 lbs.

Read the books (over and over) and then come on here and ask questions - there are so many nice people on here I have learned loads. The recipe section especially is good for low (or no) syn meals.

Good luck x

Thank you all for your replies. Feeling more positive today! So far I've had a fibre plus bar (heb?) and a tall skinny latte at starbucks (which I'm counting as my hea) but in my slow cooker I have attempted to make the goulash from the SW website, put loads of pepper pieces, onions and mushrooms in it! I'll have that with SW chips for tea and a yoghurt ( hopefully a free shape 0% one) later on.

Does that sound ok?

Thanks again x

Good luck Hun hope it works out for you

i didnt know that the skinny latte counted as a hea~ but if it does, then that meal plan sounds great- except that there are no syns. maybe just have 5 syns or something- but some are better than none ;)

Your plan for today sounds good, but I'd make sure you get some fruit in there somewhere. As you had so many syns yesterday, I wouldn't stress too much if you don't have any today but try not to go without them for the whole week.

Like others have said, start with a clean slate. Read read and read through your handout, so you are familiar with all the free foods etc and know them off the top of your head.

Today sounds good, but don't deprive yourself too much to try and make up for yesterday. Have you had lunch? As there wasn't much for breakfast. If you don't eat enough and end up with that ravenous feeling you are more likely to grab for something convenient and high synned

Good luck

rainbow_brite said:
I am assuming the skinny latte can count as a hea as it's just skimmed milk and coffee?

I'll add some fruit to my yoghurt! :)

What size latte did you have? - 300ml of skimmed milk is a HEa, so as long as it wasn't over that amount of milk it will be fine.

Steer clear of the syrups though too unless sugar free.

I totally agree with the others. Try to have some syns otherwise you may start thinking of SW as a 'diet', and that you have to deprive yourself of 'good things'.

Keep going and you will start to see the results. :wavey:

I had a tall skinny latte - plain - no syrup.

The goulash I made was lovely..and hubby enjoyed it too!

Am going to have 7 syns as a treat in a mo :)

Thanks for all your replies and support - it means a lot!

Back