Day 4 complete but feeling dubious. Is this normal? Advice needed pls

lea8198

Gold Member
I have done day 4 today. 4 days 100%. So pleased! The only problem really is that i cannot believe this can work lol. I have never eaten so much :/ I did WW previously and lost loads of weight but that felt like a diet. This one feels weird. It just does not feel like a diet. The hubby laughed at me today as I ate my fried breakfast with fried bread! Then i had pasta lunch and now jacket potatoes. Still syns for chocolate tonight too. This is too good to be true right? I am so nervous about Monday as I just cannot see how it can work. Is it normal to feel like this?

Also, i am struggling a little with 1/3 superfree. I am not a big veg person at all and the only veg (apart from salad) i like are carrots! I had lots of them lol but struggling to get the 1/3 in. This morning i was so desperate I left a 1/3 of my plate free and had a bowl of grapes with my fried breakfast as I do not like tomatoes or mushroom. I am worried this diet wont work for me. Does anyone else struggle like this?

Thanks all. Great diet tho!

L x

I started Monday too and my boyfriend thinks i've made this diet up as we've had all my favourite meals (spag bol, cottage pie, etc) this week!
I did lose weight on it years ago but that was before Extra Easy, both my sisters have followed it recently and lost weight though. I guess only time (and scales) will tell. Good luck!

As long as you're only eating when actually hungry and then, stopping when satisfied (not stuffed), there's no reason why it won't work.

On the 1/3 SF, if veg seems to be a bit of a sticking point, Jezzi has just beaten me to suggesting trying a wider variety than perhaps you've already tried, or how you normally cook them. I've been known to munch on some fresh or pickled beetroot just before eating some beans on toast :D. Otherwise substitute with fruit - perhaps melon/berries as a starter. The SF part of EE is meant to help fill you up a bit with naturally more dense but lower calorie foods.

Well it defo works ive lost 11st 12.5lbs so far this year :) all on extra easy. If your not keen on veg just have plenty of fruit instead, i would just be wary of how many grapes you have as its easy to eat a big punnet in one go and they are quite high in calories. My brother was eating a big punnet a day and heard they are quite high in cals so stopped for a week and lost 10lbs haha. He does eat them now but not every day.

LOL Paninibear. mine too! Good luck for Monday. I hope we both do well! Everyone tells me they lose weight so surely we will too? I will look out for your result on Monday :)

Jezzi that is fantastic. Well done! Thanks for the advice. I just spoke to my consultant and I am going to blend some veggies down ;-) I might just do that...look back! Good idea

Minimunchkins my consultant just suggested that too. Start with fruit and have a smaller portion for meal. SOunds perfect to me

Craig that is AMAZING! You are such an inspiration for people starting out like me. Living proof you just need to keep going and stick to plan. Thanks so much and good luck getting to goal x

I felt exactly the same when I started and was very sceptical I'd lose anything... 12 weeks on I've lost 1stone 10.5lbs :) my family always laugh at me sitting down with my fry or my sw burger and chips and joke about my "diet" but especially recently they've been forced to admit it really does work too! My brother who is always very critical of me and not very nice in general even paid me a compliment for the first time in years yesterday and even said well done!

I don't think of it as a diet anymore because it's not really. I am losing weight, but it's a change in lifestyle more than a "diet".

CraigA, your weightloss is staggering! I am in awe! Well done :)

This week I had mostly green days and I thought I'm never Gunna lose weight but I lost 3.5 pound and I only have 14 to lose in the first place. I also don't eat a lot of veg and I always eat fruit after this is not the recommended way of doing it but with a 3.5 pound loss I am not complaining

I have done day 4 today. 4 days 100%. So pleased! The only problem really is that i cannot believe this can work lol. I have never eaten so much :/ I did WW previously and lost loads of weight but that felt like a diet. This one feels weird. It just does not feel like a diet. The hubby laughed at me today as I ate my fried breakfast with fried bread! Then i had pasta lunch and now jacket potatoes. Still syns for chocolate tonight too. This is too good to be true right? I am so nervous about Monday as I just cannot see how it can work. Is it normal to feel like this?

Also, i am struggling a little with 1/3 superfree. I am not a big veg person at all and the only veg (apart from salad) i like are carrots! I had lots of them lol but struggling to get the 1/3 in. This morning i was so desperate I left a 1/3 of my plate free and had a bowl of grapes with my fried breakfast as I do not like tomatoes or mushroom. I am worried this diet wont work for me. Does anyone else struggle like this?

L x

How has the rest of your week gone? Is your first weigh in this coming Monday?

If you don't like veg, you can use fruit as your superfree - you can eat it either before your meal or a big bowl after a smaller portion of main. Pineapple and melon are great as you can prepare a big batch and put it in the fridge. If you're not keen on fruit either, you can always eat it mixed in with a Muller Light, that way you'll get the bulk with less of the flavour. If you have an Aldi or similar locally, they have good offers on fruit all the time - buying it at the 3 main supermarkets can get expensive when you're trying to fill yourself up on it. Doing SW on a very strict weekly budget is making me bargain hunt fruit :giggle:

I started Monday too and my boyfriend thinks i've made this diet up as we've had all my favourite meals (spag bol, cottage pie, etc) this week!
I did lose weight on it years ago but that was before Extra Easy, both my sisters have followed it recently and lost weight though. I guess only time (and scales) will tell. Good luck!

when i originally started SW my hubby begged me not to go and get weighed as I surely must have put on after having eaten so much lol - trust the plan - it DOES work - and just think of the fab surprise you will get xxxx

I was dubious too. I also don't like meat much but its working for me. I seem to be always eating but have lost 15 lb in 3 weeks. It's slowing now cos I lost a 1lb this week but it is coming off and that's what matters. :)

15lb in 3 weeks is so brilliant though, I have only lost 4lbs and have been at it 6 weeks, although I have had lots of treats and events going on through the summer and not much support in between groups. I'm on it with a vengeance now though :character00116: fed up of feeling like a fatty!

Slimming world is amazing that you can have such a lot (and such different things) and it still works. I suggest salad with a splash of balsamic to help liven it up and then just try out all your various superfrees (including fruit) to see what you like! A lot of the slimming world recipes have canned tomatoes, onions etc in them which takes up a big portion of the meal. I can't tell you how many cans I've gone through!

The way you're feeling is the exact reason I refuse to call SW a diet. It's an eating plan at the most. I was on WW too and it really does feel like a diet...SW is the best thing I have ever found.

when i originally started SW my hubby begged me not to go and get weighed as I surely must have put on after having eaten so much lol - trust the plan - it DOES work - and just think of the fab surprise you will get xxxx
#

3rd weigh-in tomorrow and hoping for 7lb loss (fingers crossed) thanks for the support! xx

L x

Two things.
i) look below this text at my signature. Does it work? What do you think :)
ii) 1/2 superfree is the key, dont let it be a struggle. Find a food that you can bulk all your foods out. I notice mushrooms arent your thing. I try to add an onion to everything. For a quick easy 'superfree' to a hot meal i add a frozen pouch of veg, you get them at tescos, aldi etc. Take a pack out of the freezer, four minutes in the microwave, job done :) Remember, it's filling up on the superfree that reduces the rest of the food you consume.

Back