Day 6! (and question about Ketosis)

Hi everyone, first post on the Exante boards but I've been lurking for the last week or so getting some tips. :rolleyes:

I'm now on day 6 and I'm so happy I've already made it this far, I normally have no willpower when it comes to these kinds of things!

I couldn't believe it when I got on the scales this morning to see I'd lost 10 pounds :eek: definitly encouraging me to stay on the diet!

Quick question about Ketosis, did you know when you were in it? I thought for sure I would be by now but I'm still hungry a lot and no weird taste in my mouth. I thought of buying the ketostix but have been hearing they're not so reliable and don't want to get them unless I'm sure they're going to work!

I think the symptoms vary from person to person. I don't have a funny taste in my mouth but I have ketostix and they do work. I'd be very surprised if you weren't in ketosis by now!
The best time to test is first thing in the morning as urine is more concentrated then. With all the water we drink the ketones tend to be flushed out and diluted through the day making the stick less pink.
With such a good loss so far you are well on your way. Get some ketostix and then you can be sure. Good luck great progress so far. Xx

Thank you so much for the advice!

I've just put an order on amazon for the sticks and I'll do what you said and check in the mornings :)

The sticks really are a waste of money. They frequently give false readings. By the time you get them you'll have been on the diet about 10 days. By then if you've been sticking to plan you'll definitely be in ketosis. Chances are you're already there anyway

Back