Day 6 is proving even harder!

couteaux

Silver Member
Oh gosh, you'll be fed up with me :( I thought I was rescued last night, but I feel even worse today. I've been feeling really sick, I've downed about 3 litres so far and cant stomach my tea. I'm seriously considering having an AAMW after tomorrow and then do the steps until I can go back to the slimming world plan. I feel like such a wimp, but I feel so sick today. I know this should get the weight off, I just don't know if I'm strong enough to keep going. :(

Amy

try to persevere. they do say that the first week is the worst and you are on day 6 so things should start to improve for you soon.

I am only on day 4, so obviously Im not experienced enough to say whether what you are going through is normal, but try to remember all your reasons for starting CD in the first place.

I felt really sick from days three to day 6 - it;s the withdrawal from carbs apparently! Stick at it though and I promise it gets easier! Good luck whatever you choose hun xx

Try and stick with the SS for just a few days more ~ you will come out the other side ~ honest.
I was ok ish up to day 6 and then I felt as sick as a pig and wondered what on earth I was doing. But got myself some peppermint tea, to ease the nausea and by the end of day 7 I knew I'd won through.
Now in week 5 (AAM) and so glad I didn't give up. If you've managed (however hard) to get this far ~ you've already got what it takes to go the extra mile :)

Thanks all for your replies! I was bad today. :( I had a tin of tuna and some salmon and 2 pints of sugar free squash. I was all for going back to slimming world & ditching this, esp after I only lost 3.5 lbs this week.. but am wondering about continuing now.. have I blown it?

Hi couteaux:D

Please be strong n ride it out...the first couple of weeks are always difficult(mainly just the first week) once you have passed this phase you will sail through because the brilliant weightloss' will spur you on.....just everytime you think of food have a glug of water....we are all here to support you...keep up the brilliant work;)

Love

have you tried splitting your packs so you have 6 smaller shakes, sometimes the concentrate minerals in the packs can make you feel sick.

julesrush

Hi there,

I think you should surely do what you feel most comfortable and happy doing!

I understand that this diet is mainly psychological beyond anything else, and unless your mind and heart is not in it 100%, it will be difficult to experience the triumphs and difficulties of this diet in the long run atleast.

Listen to your body and mind for sure and you never know! Once you detach yourself from the "need and want" to eat you might realise you can do it very easily, or if you still feel ill, then you should surely try something else which will keep you focused and make you happier.

All the best in whatever you choose to do and do keep us updated.x

Thanks for all the great advice. :) I'm going to get back on the shakes. I feel ridiculous for having eaten on day 7 but it all got a bit much for me. I'm going to ride it out and hopefully will have a better result next week. I was really hoping for a better loss after seeing so many people losing 7lbs upwards in their first week. Fingers crossed it will be better next!

With splitting your packs, do you just guestimate how much is half? I might try that for peckish afternoons!

Thanks again all, I am only cheating myself if I pack it all in now. I have a supply of shakes for 3 ish weeks, so I think I'll give it until they've run out and see how I am doing.

Thank you again! :)

Amy

You can guess roughly half and then add water slowly to get consistency you want or if not one of my ladies who has 6 smaller shakes through the day opens packet and weighs out half in her cup to get exactly the right amount.

julesrush

Hey,

Perhaps I'm a little anal about this!! But I open my packs in a morning and measure them out counting level teaspoons (the measuring spoon kind). Usually 12-14 per pack, then decide how many shakes I want that day and divide the mixture accordingly. Start with a small amount of water and increase it once mixed to get the right consistency. I love the shakes hot and weaker than most CDers - quite comfortably get 8 shakes out of three packs. It just never seems too long between 'meals' this way and helps me through the day!!! I space them out every couple of hours and it seems to work for me ....

Give it a go chick and see how you get on xx

Thanks for all the great advice. :) I'm going to get back on the shakes. I feel ridiculous for having eaten on day 7 but it all got a bit much for me. I'm going to ride it out and hopefully will have a better result next week. I was really hoping for a better loss after seeing so many people losing 7lbs upwards in their first week. Fingers crossed it will be better next!

With splitting your packs, do you just guestimate how much is half? I might try that for peckish afternoons!

Thanks again all, I am only cheating myself if I pack it all in now. I have a supply of shakes for 3 ish weeks, so I think I'll give it until they've run out and see how I am doing.

Thank you again! :)

Amy

Hi Amy - don't beat yourself up hun....we're all different !!

try splitting your packs.....up your water....pop on here (it's fab :D)....you'll be fine !!

look forward to hearing bout your successes !

love

Debz xx

Back