Day 9 on SW forum

J.D

Silver Member
I must say I'm totally impressed! I've been a member of MM for a while, tried Cambridge, failed and didn't log back on until last Monday when I thought it's time to shift this 2+ st I put back on.

The amount of support and advice and most importantly TIME that people have got for strangers on here is amazing.

Having this forum sort of gives me somebody to answer to if I have a bad day, which touch wood I've been100% so far but I think that's down to the support on here.

I have somewhere to broadcast my weekly weigh in and people are HAPPY with your success, on facebook im sure the people who know me secretly want me to fail.. and as soon as my knife and fork goes down I'm logging on here on my mobile to write in my food diary and you have all got your own tips, tricks and advice up your sleeves and it means a lot!

So group e-hug and THANK YOU all for just being here.

P.s- up until last Monday I was a facebook addict and now I'm always here, my Boyf said does facebook know your two timing it with your slimming world friends? Haha I feel naughty.

Right manning up now, soppy moment over.. Pfft I'm not even drunk haha.

Haha fab!! Know what you mean. Such a great support system with zero judgment! I did Cambridge too once.... Rough time that was! Still fascinated that weight can be lost while you eat food !! X

When I was drinking my shakes I was secretly dreaming about Sw chips lol! Never thought so high of slimming world until I did that! I got mega depressed and dreamt I was eating food sometimes. Never again.

And no disrespect to the cd forum but there's only so many times you can post what flavour shake your drinking next. Sw for the win!

I also do Sw at home with my own knowledge from when I was a member so I don't have that hour in class to chat so coming on here whenever I want is like being in a big class that operates 24/7 lol :D

P.s, loving the cat in your avatar. Looks just like my cat :)

Highly addictive but totally recommended :D

It's great isn't it? I go to a class and am on their fb page but still come on here!! We're the same height with the same goal and that looks like my cat too!

I love it on here, I like how we're all in the same boat and I can talk about food and WI's and running as much as I like, I do worry if I go on about it on facebook that people get bored, I also can't talk about food to much at home again as people get bored and my mum worries that I shouldn't be ''dieting'' now.. which is silly I'm much healthier following slimming world then if I decided to just try and maintain on my own.

It's great isn't it? I go to a class and am on their fb page but still come on here!! We're the same height with the same goal and that looks like my cat too!

Ooh freaky, there's people like me out there :D

Yeah I much prefer here!

I love it on here, I like how we're all in the same boat and I can talk about food and WI's and running as much as I like, I do worry if I go on about it on facebook that people get bored, I also can't talk about food to much at home again as people get bored and my mum worries that I shouldn't be ''dieting'' now.. which is silly I'm much healthier following slimming world then if I decided to just try and maintain on my own.

I feel the need to apologise when I post pics of my food on FB. It's so I can give others healthy meal ideas not to be an annoying food obsessive lol.

Feel free to be as obsessive about food ideas on here as you like :D

P.S In reference to another thread you posted, I changed my WI day to a Friday, as my DH is away all week & we occasionally like a wee drink on a Friday night to catch up with our week, so I changed for that very reason, I would have the rest of the week to normalise again!

Great post!

I do slimming world online, as there are no classes where I live. So I dont know anyone else doing slimming world. Find this forum invaluable to me, meal ideas, snack ideas, syn ideas, and just generally knowing there are other people in the same boat as me.

Would be lost without you all!

Hi JD.....

Im glad you find the forum helpful, i only joined myself yesterday and like you i find it inspires me to stay on track.

you have probably already said, but are you attending a SW Group? how are you finding it? and the plan?

x

Fab post! I love MM forums and have become highly addicted as of late! I find myself being more motivated by my food diary on here than actual weigh in, keeping a log of what you eat for other people to read is what keeps me in line :whip: I still go to SW group but find having a few minutes to discuss your own personal plan very restricting so love to vent on here and the support is fantastic xx

Hi JD.....

Im glad you find the forum helpful, i only joined myself yesterday and like you i find it inspires me to stay on track.

you have probably already said, but are you attending a SW Group? how are you finding it? and the plan?

x

No I don't attend a group I do it from home, I've been to groups in the past though. I love the plan, I've lost alot of weight on it previously before taking a year off but put 2st back on so here I am again lol, it's the only diet I trust.

Welcome btw :)

Fab post! I love MM forums and have become highly addicted as of late! I find myself being more motivated by my food diary on here than actual weigh in, keeping a log of what you eat for other people to read is what keeps me in line :whip: I still go to SW group but find having a few minutes to discuss your own personal plan very restricting so love to vent on here and the support is fantastic xx

Very true, you can talk as much as you want here about your own plans and rants :)

Feel free to be as obsessive about food ideas on here as you like :D

P.S In reference to another thread you posted, I changed my WI day to a Friday, as my DH is away all week & we occasionally like a wee drink on a Friday night to catch up with our week, so I changed for that very reason, I would have the rest of the week to normalise again!

Yeah that is what I was thinking! I wouldn't spend the whole weekend off plan, just one night

I'm more of lurker than poster but I do love it here. The advice and information has definitely helped me stay on track.

P.s, loving the cat in your avatar. Looks just like my cat :)

haha she's my angel! I'm a crazy cat lady ;)
you're right about Cambridge .... Slimming world feels a breeze in comparison! Love planning new recipes to try every week. I lost a stone and a half on cd really quick but got ill with gallstones and had to have my gallbladder removed! That is one of the poss side effects listed in the cd book.... Never again!! I'm such a sw fan!! Xx

Oh dear. Glad I quit after a week and a half. I lost 9lbs but I'd rather eat and do it slowly!

Here's my Alice

Begging for my muller Greek lol, she likes to be involved in Sw too..

Attachments

• image-1049567977.jpg
    image-1049567977.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 38
Back