Day One again

scotsmist-Why do we do that? Go into denial? I did the same, convinced myself that i would good next week, then next week and the week after and so on. It was when i could only just squeeze myself into my jeans and get no where near my combats that i decided to admit to myself it was time to do LT again.

Lardy- i am doing walkin this time and aqua aerobics, i was told not to do any exercise last time by chemist but i am going to this time. I never seemed to have as big a weight loss as everyone else maybe that was why!?
Good luck both of you!

I just dont know.......maybe we think we can get away with it and that the weight wont creep up!!! I have the unfortunate problem of not being able to stop with having the eating disorder, which doesnt help, because if you look at my posts on the maintenance forum I was totally distraught with the whole situation....try, try, try as I did with food, I just couldnt...I had to remove it completely, and hopefully then get down to the bottom of my problem.

It helps being on here and talking about it because for years I didnt admit it, but it helps being able to admit it, and that is the same with food and our love/hate relationship with it.

WE WILL GET THERE!! But, there will be bumps on the way!!

I have size 12's in the wardrobe waiting for me to fit into them again and I am determined to wear them!!

I just dont know.......maybe we think we can get away with it and that the weight wont creep up!!! I have the unfortunate problem of not being able to stop with having the eating disorder, which doesnt help, because if you look at my posts on the maintenance forum I was totally distraught with the whole situation....try, try, try as I did with food, I just couldnt...I had to remove it completely, and hopefully then get down to the bottom of my problem.

It helps being on here and talking about it because for years I didnt admit it, but it helps being able to admit it, and that is the same with food and our love/hate relationship with it.

WE WILL GET THERE!! But, there will be bumps on the way!!

I have size 12's in the wardrobe waiting for me to fit into them again and I am determined to wear them!!

I think you will have no problem at all getting into them again. You have so much determinationa and willpower and your having to cope with a eating disorder aswell. Youv'e done amazing hun.

I don't think my losses have been great either, alot of the people I notice get around 5/6lbs a week! Most of the time!

I started cycling this week and I am trying to drink more than 2 litres of water today to see if that helps.

In reality 3-4lbs a week is actually good, but I think we start to think that we should be dropping more because of LT!! It is just the nature of the beast and how we want to get rid of the weight quickly.

I will be happy with 3-4 a week, but yes, I would like a bit more I suppose and hopefully the exercise, like you will help, but I havent done LT and exercise together so not too sure what...a little experiment on the horizon I think!!!

Cycling is great!! I cycle a lot in the summer, but not a winter person so hate going out in it in the winter!

In reality 3-4lbs a week is actually good, but I think we start to think that we should be dropping more because of LT!! It is just the nature of the beast and how we want to get rid of the weight quickly.

I will be happy with 3-4 a week, but yes, I would like a bit more I suppose and hopefully the exercise, like you will help, but I havent done LT and exercise together so not too sure what...a little experiment on the horizon I think!!!

Cycling is great!! I cycle a lot in the summer, but not a winter person so hate going out in it in the winter!

I seen to like it in the winter (hate getting sweaty in summer). I go wrapped up like a penguin in the north pole.

I found it tough the first days cyling but I seem to have slowly got a bit better/easier for me. I seem to not get tired as quickly now.

I really worried about loose skin when I finish this LT.:confused:

I seen to like it in the winter (hate getting sweaty in summer). I go wrapped up like a penguin in the north pole.

I found it tough the first days cyling but I seem to have slowly got a bit better/easier for me. I seem to not get tired as quickly now.

I really worried about loose skin when I finish this LT.:confused:

eh - good for you getting out in this weather!!!!!

Seriously, dont worry about the loose skin....there are plenty of products out there to help:) those pants that suck you in :D:D But, it will help if you exercise..but it can happen because of how fast you lose the weigh to LT...just one of the side effects, but everyone is different. I remember from last time that some people suffered, but then some didnt. Depends on different factors I suppose, age, etc, etc.

Dont let that worry you, just get the weight off and sensibly and keep drinking the water and moisturing and buffing your skin and oh, doing your cycling....

Hi Iris!!

Glad to see a familiar face back again!

Im up 10lb from my lowest weight but didnt quite reach my desired goal anyway.

Im off to Portugal again this summer and want to be 9 1/2st for that. Im now 11st 1 1/2lb. Most of it on over Christmas. I was maintaining between 10st 5lb and 10st 11lb which was fine (but not great). My clothes are tight again so Im going to bite the LT bullet again. Pharmacy shut until Monday so I'll start then but have plain diet planned until then and have drank 3l today and plan to increase to 4l............... Its certainly taken the edge off any hunger, and consequently I ate lite protein foods today.... Its a start anyway!!

Off to sort my ticker now!

Hi Theresa

We started around the same time last year - eh! You have certainly done really well in maintaining for so long, and I am sure you will be able to get back on the LT wagon again.

Good luck on Monday!

Good luck to new starters & re-starters!

I admire you all starting so soon after Christmas & New Year, especially as there will still be pleanty of goodies left over from Christmas:drool:!

Clair x

ha ha ha Claire!

I made sure any sweeties that came in went out again to neighbours. Any I missed I gave the kids Christmas week to finish, then they go in the fire! Last bottle of vino went this evening and whats left is smoked salmon and cheese......... Was a bit worried about this until tonight I realised I can make the kids pasta with a creamy slamon sauce to eat for their tea tomorrow!
Food gone, or should I say the stuff that tempts me! Im on placement the latter part of the week so out of the house for over 13 hours each day, so they can sort themselves out for food!

Better add I have 6kids so one tin of celebrations a small box of roses and a tin of biccies didnt actually go that far............ we got heaps more and as they arrived I politely thanked and repackaged them!

Yes i made sure i got rid of the goodies in my house too before starting, only have 1 child though and i didn't get rid of them by giving them away if you know what i mean!!(shame)

wooo Iris... Im really in the mood for doing TFR now to budge this 3 stone... So I might be joining you come monday! lol

Best of luck mrs :) xxx

Good luck to new starters & re-starters!

I admire you all starting so soon after Christmas & New Year, especially as there will still be pleanty of goodies left over from Christmas:drool:!

Clair x

Thanks Clair
I know, I have bagsful of goodies left, but once I set my mind, they just dont bother me!! Strange, but true. The hubby will just have to be eating them for months on end...thankfully they have a long shelf life as they are mostly crisps/pretzels, etc.....

wooo Iris... Im really in the mood for doing TFR now to budge this 3 stone... So I might be joining you come monday! lol

Best of luck mrs :) xxx

Go for it Chelly!! I have membership of a health club, and was going 3-4 times a week leading up to Christmas...it is great to get out and exercise, but for some reason it gave me the "attitude" that I could eat what I liked!!!! Not good at all....so, I think doing the gym and LT together you will see results.

Hang in there, and dont let another week/month go by...no matter what you do, whether LT, diet, or gym....keep motivated and get your head in the right place..no point otherwise! But, talking to the converted :)!!!

Look forward to hearing what you decide sweetie.

ha ha ha Claire!

I made sure any sweeties that came in went out again to neighbours. Any I missed I gave the kids Christmas week to finish, then they go in the fire! Last bottle of vino went this evening and whats left is smoked salmon and cheese......... Was a bit worried about this until tonight I realised I can make the kids pasta with a creamy slamon sauce to eat for their tea tomorrow!
Food gone, or should I say the stuff that tempts me! Im on placement the latter part of the week so out of the house for over 13 hours each day, so they can sort themselves out for food!

Better add I have 6kids so one tin of celebrations a small box of roses and a tin of biccies didnt actually go that far............ we got heaps more and as they arrived I politely thanked and repackaged them!

Resourceful or what!! Well done Theresa!!!!! I went to my friends on Hogmanay and took 2 bags worth of food and we didnt eat it all, but I left it there for her!!!! :) hahhhaha......

oh my god you're so motivated scots mist.... I'm starting on Monday and after reading your posts I feel 'almost looking forward' to it!!How do you stay motivated? It's my clothes that have driven me to doing lipotrim, i've so many nice things I can't wear... esp my nice jeans!!! sob sob! soon though... good luck

oh my god you're so motivated scots mist.... I'm starting on Monday and after reading your posts I feel 'almost looking forward' to it!!How do you stay motivated? It's my clothes that have driven me to doing lipotrim, i've so many nice things I can't wear... esp my nice jeans!!! sob sob! soon though... good luck

Hi Cleverclogs

Thanks!! And you wont regret it, but you do need to be 100% committed....and be prepared for it not always to be that easy.

I wish I knew where I get my motivation from....I wish I could stay like this when I eat, but I cant....I just know LT is wonderful, and to be honest I could stay on it for ever, which isnt good!!!!

But, like you, it is the clothes....I started at a size 18/20, probably a 20 really and by the end of my 14 weeks I was wearing 12/14 and I felt my whole attitude to life changed...I loved getting up in the morning, I loved clothes shopping; got a buzz from it, and I just felt happier.....now, I am starting to withdraw into myself again and well, I just dont want to be there....

I believe in life you have to be positive....never negative...I try not to be near people that are negative because if affects your mood and I dont want that. Another thing is that I know this isnt for ever, but I have such an issue with food anyway that knocking it out just helps!! Not a great advert really, but this time around I am starting a eating disorder group for 10 weeks to run alongside the LT, so hopefully I will be better equipped at the end of this journey...which consequently, I want to be the last......need to knock this on the head once and for all!

Good luck on Monday...if you are feeling motivated, dont let it falter...go for it!! You will succeed if you have that determination and that attitude!!!

Looking forward to seeing you on LT!!

Scots mist,I can totally relate to your feelings... I am currently size 18/20 and have just totally gone 'into myself'. I'm normally a fun loving happy go lucky person, but lately feel as if i have to conquer my weight before really enjoying anything again. Got married recently, and anyone would think that i should have done lipotrim before wedding, but with hen nights, weekends away and meals out... it just didn't happen. But now still in honeymoon stage i don;t want to be held back by my weight. Fair play to you for doing course, i'm sure it'll help by talking to others with similar stories. It will be a step towards feeling in control again. I did lipotrim 3 years ago and like you, found it grand. Now this time round, with new husband in toe... cooking his dinners, i'm not so sure how i'll find it having food around all the time. The last time i was so focused and there wasn;t a morsel of food in house... hopefully i'll stay motivated with help of this site this time. How's it going for you so far?

You're so inspirational, scotsmist! I wish I could be half as motivated as you are! ;)

Thanks Millux...you know, when I first started LT last time, I had so many inspirational and motivated people around and it definitely helped.....

I believe everyone can be motivated; it is a choice ;-)!!

Scots mist,I can totally relate to your feelings... I am currently size 18/20 and have just totally gone 'into myself'. I'm normally a fun loving happy go lucky person, but lately feel as if i have to conquer my weight before really enjoying anything again. Got married recently, and anyone would think that i should have done lipotrim before wedding, but with hen nights, weekends away and meals out... it just didn't happen. But now still in honeymoon stage i don;t want to be held back by my weight. Fair play to you for doing course, i'm sure it'll help by talking to others with similar stories. It will be a step towards feeling in control again. I did lipotrim 3 years ago and like you, found it grand. Now this time round, with new husband in toe... cooking his dinners, i'm not so sure how i'll find it having food around all the time. The last time i was so focused and there wasn;t a morsel of food in house... hopefully i'll stay motivated with help of this site this time. How's it going for you so far?

Firstly, congratulations on your marriage.....this is the time when you should be enjoying your new life - eh!..so, do this 100% sweetie...if not, it wont get any better, as you will just draw into yourself even more..and feel people are judging, etc.

Now, regarding having to cook, etc...this is another learning curve. I find it easier cooking when I am on LT. I am actually wanting to go into the kitchen now and cook!!! But, I just find it liberating that I know I can cook with oil/butter, etc for my hubby but I wont eat it. You see, when I start eating, I just eat what I cook and then the weight piles on...but now, I know I cant touch it, so I just relish cooking all these lovely dishes for my hubby. Strange I know and I cant really explain it very well.

Dont look negative about it,,,you are talking yourself down and out of LT and you probably dont even realise it. Why should it be any different?? At the end of the day you want to be free of the feelings you have and that feeling of drawing into yourself and if it means 100% LT, then just accept it. Dont fret about it..no point, because you will fall off the wagon (so to speak) so quickly and at any excuse.

Just keep jumping on here......if you are struggling, there will always be someone here to just help you and give you a lift along the way!

But, keep looking forward....what keeps me going is getting into all those clothes that I didnt get much wear out of before I started to put the weight back on again!!!

Set yourself mini goals as well; this helps....then maybe treat yourself (non food) every time you get to that goal...

We will get there,,,,,but dont let anything get in the way!! and that means anything and anybody!!

Take care sweetie.

Back