Day one and I failed

Juliet68

I started the day with such good intentions....managed all day at work (albeit it hungry a lot of the time) and was going to have chicken for tea. But I really didn't fancy it when I came to buy it so being hungry and tired, bought a load of rubbish, ie bread and cereal. Not a great fan of red days as I'm not really a meat eater, but trying to do some as the trainer I used to have, used to always say lean protein was the way to lose weight.

Will have to try something different for breakfast tomorrow (had 28g of porridge and fruit today but was hungry by 8) - maybe some allbran and fruit.

All that effort and feeling hungry just to lose the plot in Morrisons :(
Juliet

One day doesn't mean complete and utter failure!!

Maybe you should take some more food to snack on at work? And maybe should try another type of day if your not a massive fan of meat? You'll lose weight whatever day you follow :)

Keep your chin up, we all lose it in the supermarket every now and then!

xx

To be blunt, you are not doing it right if you are so hungry. EAT! :D

Take this as a lesson learned and be prepared tomorrow, take some free yoghurts, fruit and low syn snacks with you everywhere.

Get something in the slow cooker in the morning so it is ready to eat when you get in, if your like me you won't want to waste it!

Don't be hard on yourself, every single one of us has done this. Best of luck for tomorrow...you can do it ;)

Not a great fan of red days as I'm not really a meat eater, but trying to do some as the trainer I used to have, used to always say lean protein was the way to lose weight.

whatever they said please try to erase it from your mind.

i only ever do green (carbs) days and have lost 3 stones before, so what they said isn't gospel.

read you SW book and do exactly what it says on the tin. if you are hungry then EAT. if you do this you WILL lose weight. :)

Not a failure because you've identified why you bought the crap...because you were hungry! Now you know the weakness you can prevent it. If you feel hungry you should eat, listen to your body. The BEST thing about Slimming World is it's not a starvation diet, you should aim for three good meals a day and if you're out all day I'd be making breakfast and lunch the biggest meals.

Plus bread and cereal aren't too bad, could have been crisps and chocolate so don't be too hard on yourself. If you're not a fan of meat then try the green or EE.

Bread and cereal isn't rubbish. If it can't be used as healthy extras, then you can still have it and syn it.

If you are hungry you aren't eating enough. And why are you forcing yourself to do red days if they don't suit you and you don't like meat much? The whole point of Slimming World is that you can eat the foods you like - loads of people lose weight very successfully on green days (I am one of them).

You are being way too hard on yourself. One bad day is not a failure - it's just one bad day.

Sorry you have had a bad day. draw a line under it and start again.
My top advice would be to plan, plan, plan.
I do one weekly shop on a monday, so plan the weeks meal, lunchs and dinners ( i have the same breakfast each day) and then shop for all the ingredients. So when i get in, cold ( work outside with horses) and tired and starving hungry I can just look at the planner and get on with cooking it, knowing i have everything to make it.
Because everything i put on the plan is food i like, there is never a issue of 'i dont fancy that' because if i dont like the meal, it wont be on the planner!

I find it the hardest if i havent got a plan, and then have to search for stuff to make, and when i am hungry, that is the danger zone to just getting something quick and easy = full of syns.

I have the luxury of going home for lunch, so can cook a lunch too.
But with some planning and some preparation you can have a full 'packed lunch' too. things that can be microwaved if you have access to one, or things to go in a 'food flask' and the good old 'add water to' things.

If breakfast still leaves you hungry, plan in a alpen light, and some fruit as a mid morning snack.

If you dont like red days, dont do them. I have lost my weight doing green days only.

I think you are being far too tough on yourself! Day one.... out of how many more days of your life? LOADS!!!
Maybe if you dont like to eat meat you should try to use things like lentils and chickpeas as they are protien.

Breakfast is a tough one for me, and i work with food all day and it often makes me hungry so i tend to eat beans on toast or spagetti loops on toast with a massive cup of tea and some fruit and yogurt. If it is my day off and i get up a bit later i will have cereal but that is only cuz i know i can have my lunch whenever i want it.

I dont ever take my purse to work, because it often works out i will eat some kind of junk from the canteen and i will spend a tonne of money i dont really have, but i do keep a bottle of squash/ cordial in my locker for when i need a drink, and i take loads to eat so i can munch something on every break, which helps me to not blow out on junk when i get home!

I hope this has been of some help to you! And dont be so tough on yourself! Tomorrow is another day!

Sam xx

You're only a failure if you stop trying to follow the diet! Otherwise you're like the rest of us, we've all had times when we've fallen off the wagon. The key is getting straight back onto the diet.

You also need to find your own way of following the plan, rather than trying to fit it with what somebody else has told you. There are enough people on here that are examples of how sucessful all of the plans are, so the theory that it's only possible to lose weight having lean protein doesn't really work when loads of people have slimmed down on pasta and potatoes! Find what you enjoy, and make the diet work for you.

Another tip is to find some sin-free or low-sin foods which you can snack on if you feel the need to eat loads. I've always got a stash of crab sticks, cottage cheese and potatoes for SW chips ready if I feel I just need to eat something! Don't be afraid to snack throughout the day either, on permitted foods, there's no reason you should be hungry!

Good luck, and don't let it put you off the plan.

hi, you're not a failure, and, you'll be surprised at just how much you can eat on slimming world. Maybe take a cereal bar as a healthy extra, or use some of you're sin points. good luck;)

Try green, I lost 2 stone that way and its so much more filling.

Good luck for tomorrow x

I know how you feel, had the same feeling on Sunday BUT i drew a line under Sunday mistakes and for the last two days I've been back on track. Sunday now was now just a blip.

There is always tomorrow and you can start again. Please don't be hard on yourself x

Now I am back on the plan, I always carry fruit round with me for that reason. If I am starving when I go into the supermarket I am much more inclined to crave the food I shouldn't be eating.

Another tip would be to make sure you have some homemade soup or quiche in the fridge to snack on when you get in and are preparing dinner.

It's a new day tomorrow, forget about today. We've all done it.

With a plan like SW, the MOST important thing is that you can stick to it. When I started, I don't think I would have managed many days (if any) on red and not many on green. I love EE and have lost all my weight (my stats are up to date) on EE and eating carbs. I have occasional green days (because I have a cereal bar habit to feed - gives me 2 Hex's !) but no red days at all yet. I might well be able to lose weight on red (or even have better losses ???? although I doubt it), but I wouldn't stick to it therefore it wouldn't work. Eat the things that you like to get going. Then later on you can have a play with the different plans.

As others have said, draw a line under it and start again tomorrow. It's not what you do when you have the blips, it's what you do afterwards that REALLY counts.

Good luck.

Gail x

you don't fail unless you give up completely. You know you can do this. Good luck getting on track and go for it !

if you want lean protein, you can't get much leaner than eggs..
the white is pure protein I was told at school..

one whole egg a day is good for you as it contains all sorts of vitamines and minerals..
if you hard boil some eggs you can have one whole one and just the whites of a few more so you're not overdoing the cholesterol..

Ahh, you didn't fail (though I know exactly how you feel). You only fail if you give up completely. My C is a vegetarian and she lost 3stone without eating meat xx

I would say make some soup to take to work with you in a flask, keep it thick and drink it all day if you're hungry, and anything else low syn or syn free, flavoured cous cous is a good one, batchelors pasta in cup are good so stick at it and good luck!!

I am quite like you. I have one bad day and i punish myself for it. this is where we need to find the strength to pick ourselves up dust ourselves off and regain our entusiasm. It is better to have one bad day in a week than week of bad days!!

Be positive!

Good Luck :)

Back