Day one of a new life :)

I just had to buy some to see what it was all about - did so much research before I did this life change I kind of had the whole kit-n-kaboodle set up before day one.

Weirdly cold at the moment, can't warm up. Going to go and grab a hot shower and hope it helps - half a chokky shake to go .. just haven't felt like eating (or drinking) tonight at all .. probably the first time in my life I can actually say im not hungry!!!!

Whatever it is ... I like it!

Day Three ... Really?

Ive made it to day 3 **wipes brow** WOW ... I am so pleased with myself! I had a minor (non food related) blip last night, just lots of tears ... Matt had eaten his pizza and it smelt sooo nice, I was really brave while he ate it - and actually posted on Minimins but about an hour later I was soooo hungry, Matt asked me a simple question and I snapped at him and burst into tears - the proceeded to cry for an hour about how hungry I was !! I couldn't get the mini scotch eggs in the fridge off my mind ... how pathetic!! I can see the headlines now "Scotch Egg Gives Woman Nervous Breakdown"

I went to bed in the end and watched a documentary about Japan and sipped water - stuff about Japan always cheers me up as I feel it is my spiritual home .. we are going back there for our honeymoon in August.

Made it to day 3 anyway ... had to force my milkshake down me this morning a) I couldn't face the taste of ANOTHER milkshake and b) I just didn't feel hungry. Wasn't sure which was the most powerful emotion really.

I am swopping things around a bit today. As I am on SS+ instead of my 200ml milk allowance I am going to have a small chicken breast with some green leaves, red onion and balsamic ... I NEED some substance I am afraid! Black tea for the duration of the day ... but the chicken breast (and something to CHEW) will be worth it !!

xx

Hun, I promise it gets easier. Once I got to day 4 I felt so much better!
Yesterday was day 5 and I went to a party. Didn't touch the huge lush buffet I was sat next to. Didn't bother me that everyone around me was eating and I even drank water all night. You will get there I promise xxx

Ive made it to day 3 **wipes brow** WOW ... I am so pleased with myself! I had a minor (non food related) blip last night, just lots of tears ... Matt had eaten his pizza and it smelt sooo nice, I was really brave while he ate it - and actually posted on Minimins but about an hour later I was soooo hungry, Matt asked me a simple question and I snapped at him and burst into tears - the proceeded to cry for an hour about how hungry I was !! I couldn't get the mini scotch eggs in the fridge off my mind ... how pathetic!! I can see the headlines now "Scotch Egg Gives Woman Nervous Breakdown"

I went to bed in the end and watched a documentary about Japan and sipped water - stuff about Japan always cheers me up as I feel it is my spiritual home .. we are going back there for our honeymoon in August.

Made it to day 3 anyway ... had to force my milkshake down me this morning a) I couldn't face the taste of ANOTHER milkshake and b) I just didn't feel hungry. Wasn't sure which was the most powerful emotion really.

I am swopping things around a bit today. As I am on SS+ instead of my 200ml milk allowance I am going to have a small chicken breast with some green leaves, red onion and balsamic ... I NEED some substance I am afraid! Black tea for the duration of the day ... but the chicken breast (and something to CHEW) will be worth it !!

xx

Keep going! everytime you see someone with food and don't have some yourself, think of it as a massive achevement (Bad spelling!), you can do this

Just got back from a shopping trip - people everywhere stuffing Greggs pasties and various other stuff in their mouths. This time last week I would have been joining them but it was really LIBERATING to look at them and think I DONT NEED THAT ... I FEEL GREAT.

Today I do feel great .. I went into Peacocks and brought a pair of size 18 trousers. I have been in leggings for so long I didn't have anything that might get "looser" so these are my £12 18 trousers, hopefully the last 18's ill ever have ... Also brought a leopard skin print wiggle skirt in a 16 .. and a 16 dress ... first 16's that have been in my world for a LONG time .. they are my aims now !

Off to Watch Hideous Kinky now with a lush bottle of ice cold water ;) !

reluctant_whale said:
Just got back from a shopping trip - people everywhere stuffing Greggs pasties and various other stuff in their mouths. This time last week I would have been joining them but it was really LIBERATING to look at them and think I DONT NEED THAT ... I FEEL GREAT.

Today I do feel great .. I went into Peacocks and brought a pair of size 18 trousers. I have been in leggings for so long I didn't have anything that might get "looser" so these are my £12 18 trousers, hopefully the last 18's ill ever have ... Also brought a leopard skin print wiggle skirt in a 16 .. and a 16 dress ... first 16's that have been in my world for a LONG time .. they are my aims now !

Off to Watch Hideous Kinky now with a lush bottle of ice cold water ;) !

its a great feeling isnt it hun,when you see other people eating and you can shrug it off and feel liberated from food :) :)

great news on the clothes too! i went into topshop on saturday and dreamed about trying on loads of stuff...bit more weight loss first tho!!

xxx

Ohh wait till we see you wiggle!

I'm stalking you on your blog now too, so you'd better say nice things about us or I will report you to the MiniMins Police. Seriously its good to write about your feelings and I think it will be even better when we read it back in a few months time. When we are wiggling.

Keep glugging and keep posting. I've got my eye on you! xx

Day 4 .... wooohooo! Had another early night last night, got to 8pm and was just miserable. Can you see a pattern here ... ? Evening is definately my eating time - or shall I say the time I mourn food ... because I seriously feel as if there is some kind of mourning process going on here. Also pretty low on energy. ANYWAY onwards and upwards. I am at work today, teach pre-entry adults all day, it's my toughest day by far because as well as the teaching there is a lot of behaviour stuff to deal with too - need tons of energy and im up on my feet "performing" from 10:30 - 4 ... can I do it ??? This is the test! Ive had a shake, a tea and im now on half a litre of water as prep.

I am now ready to go into battle ...

oh and finally - my thought for the day "oohhby dooh, I wanna be like youuu oooohh ohhh" .. .that is for all you ladies with lovely tickers with froggies, kitties and sunloungers sitting half way down ... well down .. you are my inspiration!

You are my inspiration, you are so positive and down to earth, you make me feel that I could do this too.
Hope your day goes ok, I think you'll be fine you sound so determined and I you'll prob be to busy to feel hungry or tired.

Awww flower, you are just that - a flower. Not had a good day today to be honest.

I promised I wasn't going to moan and I have tried to be so positive ... BUT ... day 4 has SUCKED !!! SUCKED big time! I have literally thought about food from the minute I opened my eyes until .. well now, where obviously I am still thinking about food because I am posting in here (fingers on KEYBOARD not on FRIDGE!!).

I am not going to say I am hungry - because the physical feeling isn't really there, but I am psychologically hungry to the point where I could cry, I feel SO DEPRIVED ... can anyone else understand that? I feel as if I have always missed out on things because of my weight - new clothes, hot boys (no that's a lie about hot boys .. I have my Matt ;), events, feeling "included" and now I am feeling deprived because my CRUTCH has gone. It's all a bit FAT mess really! Had to pop into the supermarket on the way home for some spring onions and balsamic vinegar (yep, doing SS+ now) and I was shaking when I got into the car. Physically shaking after being faced by danish pastries, crisps and rib-eye steaks. I know it sounds really pathetic and you are probably laughing and me - but I really do love food. It is my passionate, number 1 love in life, I love everything about it ... and pretty much am known for being a fecking awesome superstar in the kitchen department (legendary cakes, obviously from much practice and TASTE testing) and I even wrote food blogs (have put them on hold for the time being ..).

To get to the crux ... the shakes, soups (and lets not even go there with the porridge) taste like absolutely Sh ** , I cant stand any of them and I have a passionate burning hatred for anything with a Cambridge label on it right now. I am thinking this isn't for me - I take too much emphasis on taste, if I didnt care about food - or could take it or leave it I might be okay, but even in my big eating days (past tense ..) I had really awesome stuff ... I didnt binge on rubbish, it would be handmade from scratch gourmet loveliness. We even made our own kettlechips *sob*

Phew, if you are still with me .... gripe number 2 ... someone in the staff kitchen caught me making up my soup at lunchtime, cue sharp intake of breath and .."you'll NEVER do that, you like your food too much .. and then a monologue about people having heart attacks and Armageddon (okay, I lie about Armageddon but you get the idea). This person is someone I feel is a very good friend and someone who I thought would understand. For the rest of the day I have had sidewards glances and "it's not safe you know" mutterings. Gutted someone has found out - and what pee's me off more is the reason I didn't want people to know is that EXACT reaction!!

AGGGHRRRR BLAH BLAH BLAH ... woah, my shoulders feel a little lighter now, don't worry, ill be here ranting on this time next week, I'm not giving up .. no chance .. even if the products taste like flour water (deary me, experienced the leek and potato soup at lunch time - another one on the "no" pile) I am going to look at it as 3 heaved over .. and then a 200 calorie "gourmet" meal .. tonight it's a mushroom omlette, green leaves and a splash of balsamic .. oh the pleasure ... (!!!!)

Ta-tar for now .. and sorry for the rant !!! RW x

Aw hun that is a bad day but that's exactly why we have these diaries.
I know exactly how you feel about the hunger, that is exactly how I felt when I gave up last time, it was like I'd lost my only source of comfort in the world and I'm not looking forward to that feeling again but I'm going to fight it. Day 4 is always the worst apparently so tomorrow you should feel a lot better. I read somewhere that the difference between ss and ss+ is 1lb over a month so it won't make all that different to the weight but sounds like it will certainly help you.

Oh and its a random tip but the shakes are easier with a straw (think its because it bypasses the tastebuds) but might help.
Enjoy your omelette xxxx

Stick with it reluctant one! Just promise yourself that you will do week. Just one week out of your life, then see the scales. If you quit now you will regret it and kick yourself. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

oh babygirl, you poor, poor thing.

it *is* a sacrifice, and for each of us it's been a huge decision, as to whether the sacrifice is worthwhile for the guaranteed weightloss. but you sound resolved, and that's all you can be. we've all been there, though. we do understand. xx

I'm afraid yound Ms Whale that we have to give up taste for a few months. We have to think of this as our medicine. That its not really a meal replacement, its just what we have to survive while we are dealing with all the other issues that have made us this way.

Its yack, there is only one item that I can really stomach and thats the chocolate tetras. They are over in a flash if I need them to be, I can mix them with boiling water and pretend they are hot chocolate and if I need to I can freeze them for a kinda fake ice cream (thats really not allowed as ppl say it destroys the nutrients, but I think I have missed enough nutrients over the years not to worry about it).

Someone gave me some great advice, when you really really want something, craving a real desire then write it down, and promise yourself that when you are at goal thats one of the things that you will allow yourself in moderation. Whoever it was that told me said that they had only got a small list by the time they got to the end of their journey. So far I only have hot buttered toast on mine (sorry for mentioning food)

From week 2 you can have the water flavours (yipee) and bars, which might just help. Stick with it and just take it a day at a time, and when it is really bad come on here for a moan. There is always someone to help/whinge at/console you. xx

Big huge Hugs :)

Diets Suck, Friends Suck (at times) Supermarkets DEFFO suck, and missing food is SO sucky.

But, losing weight, day by day, week by week, month by month, is great - and is the name of the game. And believe me, when you start to see it come off, you won't care about people's sniggering and sarcastic comments, and in the end you will be able to enjoy all the food you like in a healthier and moderate way.

Keep going, I know you can do it :) xxxxx

YAY! I found your diary!

I giggled reading your description of the porridge. I can still taste it everytime I think about it. *boak*

I dont like the soups if I use the whole sachet. I turn my soup into 3 cuppa soups. I add a wad of pepper to the powder in my cup and a bit of cold water and mix it all, very professionally, with a fork, before I add my boiled water. Much better with the pepper. Its an illusion of taste I quite like. And the bonus is, it takes the taste of powder away!

Its my collegues that have made me determined to do this with their lack of support. Oh, and family, lets not forget my family! lol! With the exception of my other half, who has kindly sat and ate a domino's pizza on the other sofa, then came over and gave me a kiss. Which tastes of pizza. B*****d. lol!

Off to have my last supper!

Thanks ladies - I am okay now! Made some positive steps. Ive been onto slim & save and ordered one of their spag bols and also one of their porridges to see if there is much difference - stupid thing is I usually really LOVE porridge, it is one of my faves! As long as I can find ONE thing I like ill cope !! I had a chocolate shake just and i think (shock horror) I KIND of liked it ... !! Wow! Off to bed now, really into early nights at the moment .. strange as im usually such a night owl! TTFN, RW xx

Woop wood glad you are feeling a bit more positive!

I'm on day 3 and the taste sucks but I think it's a small sacrifice to get back into my clothes! I remember last year watching month go by and thinking grrrr I should have started earlier!

Chin up Girly were all here with you!

Back